Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun (19850 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Celebrates Her 50th Birthday Today / Financing Our Future By Kemi Adeosun / Financing Our Future By Kemi Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by adconline(m): 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
Obiagelli:

E

Loads of bullsh.t, articulate your point one by one.
Facts are sacrosanct..saying rubbish or I don't believe it, doesn't win argument, but facts do!
Sweetheart, you have been clobbered on this issue with articulated facts and figures.
Even ur Overlord, GMB couldn't defend his padded budget, so who are u in the bugdet profligacy chain of command to explain those padded figures??
Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by adconline(m): 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
tosan200:

Americans also didn't wail like you guys do here
They wailed more and called him more name. Tea Party called him a black African born in Kenya..
Btw, Obama could explain all the monetary appropriations in his budget unlike GMB who was shocked to learn that a journalist knew more about the budget than him..yet he blamed other people for padding the budget and he didn't widthraw nor revise all those padded figures.
Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by JuanDeDios: 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ajibel:
Though we are going through lots of challenges now as a Nation, I still have hope that thus administration would get it right before 2018.

The ministers should begin to communicate more with us. I've read plans from Fashola, Kemi, Kachikwu... Still waiting for others.

And please Buhari should sign the budget before he travels again angry
Where's Fashola's plan, sir? I'd like to read it.
Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by Ajibel(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Where's Fashola's plan, sir? I'd like to read it.

There are quite a number of links online though. Here is one http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/08/full-text-of-babatunde-fasholas-inaugural-media-briefing-of-the-federal-ministry-of-power-works-and-housing/

But you can also visit www.tundefashola.com and see his Press Releases.

1 Like

Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by adconline(m): 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ajibel:

There are quite a number of links online though. Here is one http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/08/full-text-of-babatunde-fasholas-inaugural-media-briefing-of-the-federal-ministry-of-power-works-and-housing/

But you can also visit www.tundefashola.com and see his Press Releases.
y
Release their plan when they have only 3 yrs left. What a bunch of unserious folks
Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by Ajibel(m): 5:57am On Apr 10, 2016
adconline:
y
Release their plan when they have only 3 yrs left. What a bunch of unserious folks

Please don't quote me next time if you don't have anything sensible to write. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by adconline(m): 7:41am On Apr 10, 2016
Ajibel:

Please don't quote me next time if you don't have anything sensible to write. Thanks.
What a display of willful ignorance! I was asking a question, mate. What is there to quote from a partisan copy and paste?. I'm ready to take u on whenever you come up with original ideas.
Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by Ajibel(m): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2016
adconline:

What a display of willful ignorance! I was asking a question, mate. What is there to quote from a partisan copy and paste?. I'm ready to take u on whenever you come up with original ideas.

I became uninterested in engaging in a discussion with you from the moment you tagged them bunch of unserious folks
Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by 4Play(m): 8:30am On Apr 10, 2016
Our immediate economic imperative is to provide a Keynesian stimulus to reflate the economy.

I have touched on this before, there is nothing like a Keynesian stimulus when interest rates are at double digits and in an inflationary environment. Keynesian stimulus was conceived for situations where the economy is facing deflationary pressures (prices are falling) and interest rates are at the zero lower bound (at zero or near zero). The idea is that at such levels, deficit spending can boost aggregate demand and inflationary pressures as the government borrows money which would otherwise be idle. With inflation and interest rates at or near zero, such spending won't spiral into hyper-inflation and painful rate rises. In contrast, Nigeria is an inflationary environment with high interest rates, the very antithesis of an environment which Keynesians think can be remedied by stimulus.

The argument that capital spending justifies such borrowing is analogous to the argument she used as Ogun state finance commisioner. We all know how Ogun state ended up. Yes, Nigeria desperately needs to upgrade its infrastructure but it's pure fantasy to think that if you, for instance, borrow $1bn to invest on a highway that that highway will spur enough economic activity to yield additional +$1bn tax revenues to pay back the principal on the loan and interest. In reality and as she found with Ogun state, the total stock of debt (not to mention interest obligations) will increase faster than the additional tax revenues.

What Nigeria needed to concentrate on was firstly to get its books in order - cut down waste and diversify the tax base. Policy reforms like asset sales - ports, power plants and refineries come to mind - and deregulation would have helped boost foreign investment (which will help with the Naira) and yielded an increase in tax revenues. They may prove politically unpopular but they are hard choices that Nigeria needed to make.

In reality, I suspect that this big spending splurge is not driven by economics but by politics. This is an attempt to reward political supporters at the expense of the country's long term fiscal health.

3 Likes

Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by adconline(m): 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
Ajibel:

I became uninterested in engaging in a discussion with you from the moment you tagged them bunch of unserious folks
Yes, they are! We are heading into May and they are taking about plans when they won elections over a year ago. GMB had campaigned for presidency for 12yrs, yet couldn't assemble a team to put together a simple budget. Padded figures and too many mistakes!!
Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by eDoc: 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
mej67:

So you agree that current YES programme is copied?

And see who isn't a dullard?
Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by eDoc: 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
omowolewa:
Fuel

Fuel is available in Saudi Arabia.
Re: Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun by omowolewa: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
Lauuuugh! Laaaaaaugh!! Laughghghghghghghgh!!!
eDoc:

Fuel is available in Saudi Arabia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ Didnt Attend The NLC/TUC Meeting? David Mark Did? : Is This True? / Bayelsa Economy Collapses: Eyewitness Account By Visiting Journalist / Presidency Reacts To Brouhaha Over Telegraph Interview-pilot Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.