Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions (7287 Views)

2018 Waec Chemistry/crs Runz/expo/answer/questions/obj/theory / Top NECO Government Answer & Questions 2017 Objective/theory/essay / Tips On Preparing For MDCN Mcqs Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2016
Jason555:
LOL.. See this mah boss... You answered few.. Lemme wait for others sha.. Or should ah drop dha answers..?
Boss ke. Na d ones wein I fit answer I answer o. Abeg drop d answers for the rest.
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by davbravo(m): 9:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:
1. Postoperative examination revealed that the
medial border and inferior angle of the left
scapula became unusually prominent
(projected posteriorly) when the arm was
carried forward in the sagittal plane,
especially if the patient pushed with
outstretched arm against heavy resistance
(e.g., a wall). What muscle must have been
denervated during the axillary dissection?
Levator scapulae
Pectoralis major
Rhomboideus major
Serratus anterior
Subscapularis

2. While observing a mastectomy on a 60-year-
old female patient, a medical student was
asked by the surgeon to help tie off the
arteries that supply the medial side of the
breast. The artery that gives origin to these
small branches is the:
Internal thoracic
Musculophrenic
Posterior intercostal
Superior epigastric
Thoracoacromial

3.In the axilla the pectoralis minor is a
landmark, being closely related to all of the
following structures except:
cephalic vein
cords of the brachial plexus
lateral thoracic artery
medial pectoral nerve
second part of the axillary artery

4.Mastitis is a condition which involves:
A type of leukemia
Inflammation of the breast
Infection of lymph nodes
Mast cells
Tumors of glandular tissue

5. Give five differences and three similarities between the sympathetic nervous system and parasympathetic nervous system.
1. Serratus Anterior 2. Internal thoracic artery 3. Cephalic vein 4. Inflammation of the breast..............pls correct me if am wrong
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
davbravo:
1. Serratus Anterior 2. Internal thoracic artery 3. Cephalic vein 4. Inflammation of the breast..............pls correct me if am wrong
Correct boss!!!
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Jason555:
wнaт'ѕ dнa ғυncтιon oғ dнa ιnтervenтrιcυlar ғoraмιna ?
It's also called foramina of monro... It serves as a passage for CSF from dha lateral ventricle to dha third ventricle enclosed in dha middle of dha thalamus ( rhmoboceohalon)

wнaт prodυce dнa CSF
Choroid plexus ....

wнaт'ѕ dнa мaιn ғυncтιon oғ dнa aqeυdυcт oғ Sylvιυѕ??
controls dha CSF to flow into dha media and lateral aperture from dha fourth ventricle into dha subaracnoid space

wнaт'ѕ dнa 8 cranιal nerve?
Acoustic[b/]

naмe dнa neυroglιal cellѕ oғ dнa CNS
[b]ependymal cell,micrioglia body,oligodendrocyte astrocyte

wнιcн vιтaмιn нelpѕ ιn dнa prodυcтιon oғ мyelιn ѕнeaтн
vitamin B12, cyanocobalamin

Good мornιng.. ogaѕ , мaĸe Una мanage dнaт one aвeg , we ѕтιll вe aѕpιranтѕ..
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
Five differences between the sympathetic nervous system and parasympathetic nervous system.
1. Preganglionic Fibres : Short for sympathetic, long for parasympathetic.
2. Postganglionic Fibres: Long for sympathetic, Short for parasympathetic.
4. Neurotransmitter: Norepinehrine(except in skeletal muscles, sweat glands and piloerrector muscles of the skin), acetyl choline for parasympathetic.
5. Receptor: Adrenergic( cholinergic in structures mentioned in (4) above) for sympathetic, cholinergic for parasympathetic.
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by labodinho: 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
davbravo:

Dav now balling,the real Journey has began.
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by davbravo(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
labodinho:

Dav now balling,the real Journey has began.
lol
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
1. List the muscles of the thenar eminence.
2. The superior thoracic aperture is also called ______.
3. What enzyme has been able to disprove the Central dogma of molecular biology?
3. List three differences between protein synthesis in a prokaryote and that in a eukaryote.
4. Briefly explain Guyon's canal syndrome and give the boundaries of Guyon's canal.
5. _________ is responsible for the production of Erythropoietin.
6. How many heart sounds are produced by the heart? What is responsible for each of these heart sounds?

1 Like

Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Ikemsinachi(m): 9:12am On Apr 28, 2016
This is beautiful, I just saw it. I will have to answer present now.

1. Abductor pollicis brevis, flexor pollicis brevis and opponens pollicis
2. Thoracic inlet
3. RNA reverse transcriptase[not sure though]
4. This is due to damage to ulnar nerve in the wrist precisely at the Guyon's canal.
BOUNDARIES
b] Roof: palmar carpal ligament
Floor: the three hypothenar muscles [abductor digiti minimi, flexor digiti minimi brevis and opponens digiti minimi]
Medially: pisiform and the ligament binding the pisiform and hamate
Laterally: the hook of the hamate
5. Peritubular cells in the kidney
6. Mainly Two then, two pathogenic
b. atrioventricular valves and semilunar valves[not sure]
Thewhizzkid1:
1. List the muscles of the thenar eminence.
2. The superior thoracic aperture is also called ______.
3. What enzyme has been able to disprove the Central dogma of molecular biology?
3. List three differences between protein synthesis in a prokaryote and that in a eukaryote.
4. Briefly explain Guyon's canal syndrome and give the boundaries of Guyon's canal.
5. _________ is responsible for the production of Erythropoietin.
6. How many heart sounds are produced by the heart? What is responsible for each of these heart sounds?
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ikemsinachi:
This is beautiful, I just saw it. I will have to answer present now.

1. Abductor pollicis brevis, flexor pollicis brevis and opponens pollicis
2. Thoracic inlet
3. RNA reverse transcriptase[not sure though]
4. This is due to damage to ulnar nerve in the wrist precisely at the Guyon's canal.
BOUNDARIES
b] Roof: palmar carpal ligament
Floor: the three hypothenar muscles [abductor digiti minimi, flexor digiti minimi brevis and opponens digiti minimi]
Medially: pisiform and the ligament binding the pisiform and hamate
Laterally: the hook of the hamate
5. Peritubular cells in the kidney
6. Mainly Two then, two pathogenic
b. atrioventricular valves and semilunar valves[not sure]
Correct boss!! But number 6b need some modifications.
First heart sound: Closure of AV valve.
Second heart sound: Closure of semilunar valves.
Third heart sound: Filling of blood into the ventricles.
Fourth heart sound: Atrial systole.
Please confirm. I remain loyal.

1 Like

Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Ikemsinachi(m): 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

Correct boss!! But number 6b need some modifications.
First heart sound: Closure of AV valve.
Second heart sound: Closure of semilunar valves.
Third heart sound: Filling of blood into the ventricles.
Fourth heart sound: Atrial systole.
Please confirm. I remain loyal.

Thanks boss. More of the questions!
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ikemsinachi:
Thanks boss. More of the questions!
No problem boss. That will be tomorrow. You can do good by also posting your own questions.
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Ikemsinachi(m): 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Your questions are from NEURO-ANATOMY @jason555
I'm still in 200lvl.
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Ikemsinachi(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

No problem boss. That will be tomorrow. You can do good by also posting your own questions.
ok moro as well. How's studies? Have you started 2nd semester?
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ikemsinachi:
ok moro as well. How's studies? Have you started 2nd semester?
Studies is going fine by God's grace. I've started second semester but lectures are kicking off next week.
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Ikemsinachi(m): 3:56am On Apr 30, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

Studies is going fine by God's grace. I've started second semester but lectures are kicking off next week.
Same thing here!
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Ikemsinachi(m): 3:56am On Apr 30, 2016
1). Which of the following nerves has a pseudoganglion
A) suprascapular nerve
B) axillary nerve
C) nerve to teres minor
D) nerve to serratus anterior

2). -------innervates the peripheral heart

3). Which part of deltoid is multipennate?

4). List the boundaries of scarpa's triangle

5). Mention two phosphoglycerides that are zwitterions at pH 7 and explain your answer

6). How does the structure of lipids determine their biological function?

7). Name the lipoprotein that is implicated in the type II hypercholesterolemia?

cool. What is the work of histamine during acute inflammation?
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Zellie: 8:56am On May 04, 2016
embarassed

Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Penboy: 7:36pm On May 06, 2016
Men,,,this one that we just startred upper limb nko? No idea
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by vincent561(m): 1:27am On Jun 02, 2016
worthing:
1i)subclavian artery
ii)axillary artery
iii)profunda femoris
iv)brachial artery
v)intercostal artery

2i).superior lateral cutaneous nerve of the arm
ii)inferior lateral cutaneous nerve of d arm
iii)medial cutaneous nerve of d arm
iv)posterior cutaneous nerve of d arm

3i)articular surfaces
ii)larynx
iii)ventral part of the ribs
iv)trachea

4)satellite cells hlp in repair and regeneration of muscle tissues

5i)permanent adduction of arm
ii)pronation of forearm and hand
iii)flexion of the write
iv)medial rotation of arm
at times its called waiters tip hand

6)fracture at the surgical neck affects abduction,flexion and extension..boss abeg if I no correct help oooo

7)the upper lateral quadrate of the gluteal region in other to avoid the sciatic nerve from damage

9)femoral nerve,femoral artery,femoral vein,lymphatic vessels... femoral nerve is not enclosed in d sheath but the femoral artery, vein are enclosed in the femoral sheath

11)Niemann pick disease

12)craniosacral
cranial===CNIII,VII,IX,V
sacral===S2,3,4...

boss I leave the rest to the house...
About no 2;the medial cutaneous nerve of the arm shouldn't be there since it's a branch of the brachial plexus arising from the medial cord.
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
Ikemsinachi:
Your questions are from NEURO-ANATOMY @jason555
I'm still in 200lvl.
lol.. See mah bros.. Bros, your own good.. I'm still an aspirant ooo...

Wha school sire.?
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
List the basic features of the hamstring muscles.
List the values of all lung volumes you know.
What is d function of DNA ligase and topoisomerase in DNA replication?
List three areas where portocaval anastomosis occur.
Sorry all for the long hibernation of this thread.
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

Oh mhen,I'll surly get to this stage first bhu Admission first!!
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Ikemsinachi(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

1). The hamstring muscles include; semitendinosus, semimembranosus, the long head of biceps femoris and the ischial head of the adductor magnus.
Basic features: they all arise from the iscial tuberosity. They get inserted into one of the bones of leg (either tibia or fibula). They are supplied by the division of the sciatic nerve (L5, S1). They are extensors of hip joint and flexor of knee joint. n/b: the true hamstrings are the first two.

DNA ligase fill in those gaps created by okazaki fragments during replication of DNA.

Three areas where Porto cava anastomosis occurs: at the level of the umbilicus, at the anal canal and the terminal end of the oesophagus... it also occurs at the bare area of the liver.

I've forgotten the values of those lung volumes. Will check it.

thanks for reviving this thread again...
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ikemsinachi:
1). The hamstring muscles include; semitendinosus, semimembranosus, the long head of biceps femoris and the ischial head of the adductor magnus.
Basic features: they all arise from the iscial tuberosity. They get inserted into one of the bones of leg (either tibia or fibula). They are supplied by the division of the sciatic nerve (L5, S1). They are extensors of hip joint and flexor of knee joint. n/b: the true hamstrings are the first two.

DNA ligase fill in those gaps created by okazaki fragments during replication of DNA.

Three areas where Porto cava anastomosis occurs: at the level of the umbilicus, at the anal canal and the terminal end of the oesophagus... it also occurs at the bare area of the liver.

Thanks a lot boss.
Tidal volume - 500ml
Inspiratory reserve volume - 3000ml
Expiratory reserve volume - 1100ml
Residual volume - 1200ml

1 Like

Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by worthing: 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ikemsinachi:

does the hamstring part of the adductor magnus satisfy the criteria to b grouped among the hamstring muscles

I don't tink so sir

boss thewhizkid
I hail
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by DrLazDevitan: 6:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
worthing:

does the hamstring part of the adductor magnus satisfy the criteria to b grouped among the hamstring muscles

I don't tink so sir

boss thewhizkid
I hail

On point...
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Ikemsinachi(m): 5:10am On Sep 17, 2016
worthing:

I don't tink so sir

boss thewhizkid
I hail
Anyway, I understand where you're heading to, different authors have different perspectives about the muscles. In fact, Keith Moore didn't even say anything on adductor magnus being a hamstring. Chauria emphasized that it's a part of the muscles...I do believe you've understood my point.
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by worthing: 8:50am On Sep 17, 2016
Ikemsinachi:
Anyway, I understand where you're heading to, different authors have different perspectives about the muscles. In fact, Keith Moore didn't even say anything on adductor magnus being a hamstring. Chauria emphasized that it's a part of the muscles...I do believe you've understood my point.

aiit bro.
not a fan of chauria
get yah point
Re: Medical Mcqs & Short Answer Questions by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2016
worthing:

I don't tink so sir

boss thewhizkid
I hail
Greetings boss!!!!
The hamstring part of the adductor magnus is not a 'true' hamstring muscle but is often considered as a hamstring muscle by some literature. I would not include it in d hamstring muscles if I was to be asked. Thanks for the contribution boss!!!! Your guy is loyal!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exxon Mobil Scholarship / Do You Know The Real Meaning Of "LOL", I Guess You Will Be Shocked Like Me / Mechanical Engineering What Is The Cut Off Mark In Unilorin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.