Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Reason Not To Doubt Premium Times On Panamaleaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Not To Doubt Premium Times On Panamaleaks (515 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu ‘Shuts Down’ Abakaliki - Premium Times / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Not To Doubt Premium Times On Panamaleaks by DaBullIT(m): 9:46am On Apr 07, 2016
Ever since the Panama leaks, i have been questioning premiumtime's source of Information , I went to the official ICIJ website , as a matter of fact i bookmarked it and it's always open on my browser, With the hope of catching a glimpse of new names , No new updates but Premium times kept bringing names like Saraki, Mark , ETC , Naturally i thought it was just a scandalous blackmail

But then i did some research

ICIJ’s data and research unit indexed, organized and analyzed the 2.6 terabytes of data that make up the leak, using collaborative platforms to communicate and distributed documents for investigation and analysis to some 400 journalists at 107 media organizations in more than eighty countries , journalists working in 25 languages in nearly 80 countries. Just as some other people said ,

I did some further digging , and i found that out of the 400 Journalists , 4 were Nigerians https://panamapapers.icij.org/about.html

Musikilu Mojeed (Nigeria)
Ini Ekot (Nigeria)
Joshua Olufemi (Nigeria)
Emmanuel Mayah (Nigeria)

I did some more digging again i found out that Musikilu Mojeed works for Premium times, after working for several news media outlets https://www.icij.org/journalists/musikilu-mojeed#_ga=1.203053393.157584919.1460017203

[size=4pt]Musikilu Mojeed
Nigeria
Musikilu Mojeed, Nigeria, is an award-winning investigative journalist and Managing Editor at Nigeria's multimedia newspaper, Premium Times. He was until 2011 Investigative Editor at Nigeria’s NEXT newspaper where he directed the groundbreaking investigative work of that newspaper. He also coordinated the paper's WikiLeaks coverage.

A recent Ford Foundation International Fellow at The City University of New York, he has reported extensively on corruption, human rights and human trafficking and is one of Africa's most regarded investigative journalists. He is well known for exposing government and corporate corruption in his country.

A winner of several awards, including the FAIR’s Editor’s Courage Award, a Stanford journalism fellowship, the Wole Soyinka Investigative Reporting Award and a Ford Foundation Fello[/size]wship, Mojeed was on the board of the Forum for African Investigative Reporters, and is a member of Investigative Reporters and Editors.
Re: Reason Not To Doubt Premium Times On Panamaleaks by Kyase(m): 9:51am On Apr 07, 2016
That kind detective cool
Never doubted them for once sha, though some folks said otherwise, like the wailing zambies
Re: Reason Not To Doubt Premium Times On Panamaleaks by asha80(m): 10:01am On Apr 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: Reason Not To Doubt Premium Times On Panamaleaks by Fmartin(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2016
Dis one na real global movie title, 'panama leak' grin
#happyviewing

(1) (Reply)

NASS Removed 80 Billion Naira From Road Project To Pad Constituency Project. / Buhari Imposing More Hardships On Nigerians With VAT Increment – Fayose / Economic Diplomacy: Geoffrey Onyeama Meets Foreign Minister Wang Yi Of China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.