Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,728 members, 7,831,314 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Good Decisions Today Will Give You A Better Tomorrow - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Good Decisions Today Will Give You A Better Tomorrow (437 Views)

A Lesson On Getting A Better Job After Being Fired / 5 Positive Characters You Must Have To Achieve Better Tomorrow / Financial Decisions You Shouldn’t Be In A Rush To Make As Entry Level Employee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Decisions Today Will Give You A Better Tomorrow by klashe(m): 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hello readers, how have you been? Hope you enjoyed the last article i posted? Okay, today i want to gear you up with this little write-up from make today count series. I wish you will get something from this.

It seems obvious that good decisions help to create a better tomorrow, yet many people don’t appear to connect their lack of success to their poor decision making. Some people make choices, then experience negative consequences, yet wonder why they can’t seem to get ahead in life. They never figure it out. Others know their choices may not be good for them, but they make them anyway. Such is a case of the alcoholic who keeps drinking excessively or the person who engages in one abusive relationship after the other.

Nobody says that good decisions are always simple, but they are necessary for success. Theodore Hesburgh, former president of Notre Dame University, admonished:

You don’t make decisions because they are Easy;

You don’t make decisions because they are cheap;

You don’t make decisions because they are Popular;

You make decisions because they are Right.

You begin to build a better life by determining to make good decisions, but that alone is not enough. You need to know what decisions to make. I’ve given the subject a better lot of thought, talked to many successful people, and narrowed down the list of critical areas for success to twelve. I call them the “The Daily Dozens”:

1. Attitude: Choose and display the right attitude daily.

2. Priorities: Determine and act on important priorities daily.

3. Health: Know and follow healthy guidelines daily.

4. Family: Communicate with and care for my family daily.

5. Thinking: Practice and develop good thinking daily.

6. Commitment: Make and keep proper commitments daily.

7. Finances: Make and properly manage cash daily.

8. Faith: Deepen and live out my faith daily.

9. Relationship: Initiate and invest in solid relationships daily.

10. Generosity: Plan for and model generosity daily.

11. Values: Embrace and practice good values daily.

12. Growth: Seek and experience improvements daily.

CONCLUSION

If you settle this issues by making the right decisions in each area and then work to manage those decisions daily, you can be successful.

Credits: Make Today Count by John Maxwell.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Geography Teacher Wanted In Osogbo, Osun State / Business Development Intern / Are The Young Really Growing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.