Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Can U Marry Him/her? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can U Marry Him/her? (1164 Views)

Don’t Marry Him/her Because Your Pastor Recommends-foluke Daramola / For Single Ladies Only. Don't Marry Him. / Believers In The House, How Can U Defend This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Marry Him/her? by adimloaded(f): 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
As a Christian can u marry smone u dnt love because ur pastor said dat he or she is ur husband or wife?

Pls i need ur sincere answers here.
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by SexyStrawberry(f): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
I can't marry anyone based on another person's recommendation, and about love, I don't believe in love, but I can marry out of compromise, but never on someone's recommendation.

Let the religious people we have in the house come n answer ur question from their own point of view......

4 Likes

Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by layzie: 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
No I won't
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by mackhunter77: 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
if na Papa Adeboye or Dr Olukoya who have been tested and trusted, I NO MIND AT ALL..Any other one, NO WAY!!!

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by adimloaded(f): 11:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
Wat if de person is madly inlove wit u but u dnt seems to like de person at all n de pastor said dat u hv de key to de persons success,wat will u do?
layzie:
No I won't
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by Amberon11: 8:16am On Apr 08, 2016
Marry him!! trust me it Will be fine.
adimloaded:
Wat if de person is madly inlove wit u but u dnt seems to like de person at all n de pastor said dat u hv de key to de persons success,wat will u do?
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by Peritus(m): 9:08am On Apr 08, 2016
Capital NO! This sought of thing has caused a lot of marital problems I'm aware of. Listen dear, it's time for people to start trusting the Spirit of God in them than consulting others for help. He speaks to us all. Your spirit should first reveal to you whatever you need, man of God can only confirm. This is why I don't ask anyone to check this or that for me. I simply pray over it and listen to that tiny voice inside. Most often, the voice tells us what we know is right but don't want to do.
If you want to marry, give yourself time to consult God. Make sure you are not into sin, He will surely direct u. See, many men of God sometimes speak carnally out of their personal notion of right or wrong. Then they advice u based on what they physically observed and not the otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by layzie: 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
adimloaded:

Marriage is not based on love that's one sided. This is the person u will spend the rest of ur life with. If u dnt love him, how do u think that marriage will fare?

I wnt come between u and ur pastor, but like someone said...u shud have ur own intuition after praying over it.

And what does it mean to be the key to someone's success? Like without u, the person will never succeed in life? Hmmm. Is dat possible? Biblical example if ur answer is yes.
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
adimloaded:
As a Christian can u marry smone u dnt love because ur pastor said dat he or she is ur husband or wife?

Since you added as a christian I will answer your question as a christian.

The bible says a woman is a liberty to marry whosoever she wishes (1 Corinthians 7:39). God in a rare case of interveining in human marital choice said this "This is what the LORD has commanded concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, 'Let them marry whom they wish; only they must marry within the family of the tribe of their father."

There is no example in the bible of christians being forced to marry anyone. It's going to be your marriage not your pastor's. It is a case of abuse of authority when the pastor is persuading you against your wish. You and you alone must decide who you will marry. The bible advise that you marry only within God's family i.e. marry a christian like yourself.

On your wedding day you will be asked " Do you take this man as your wedded husband..." nobody will ask you " did your pastor chose this man for you..."

In a marriage love in all its form must be present - eros, philio and agape. If you are not attracted to the man then erotical love is missing. Then love isn't really complete. This singular reason is responsible for alot of unfaithfulness in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by adimloaded(f): 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
Tnx alot f ur advice
ApostleT:

Since you added as a christian I will answer your question as a christian.

The bible says a woman is a liberty to marry whosoever she wishes (1 Corinthians 7:39). God in a rare case of interveining in human marital choice said this "This is what the LORD has commanded concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, 'Let them marry whom they wish; only they must marry within the family of the tribe of their father."

There is no example in the bible of christians being forced to marry anyone. It's going to be your marriage not your pastor's. It is a case of abuse of authority when the pastor is persuading you against your wish. You and you alone must decide who you will marry. The bible advise that you marry only within God's family i.e. marry a christian like yourself.

On your wedding day you will be asked " Do you take this man as your wedded husband..." nobody will ask you " did your pastor chose this man for you..."

In a marriage love in all its form must be present - eros, philio and agape. If you are not attracted to the man then erotical love is missing. Then love isn't really complete. This singular reason is responsible for alot of unfaithfulness in marriage.
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by mzzhavilah(f): 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
adimloaded:

u are a christain as stated! I belive u should listen to God's opinion abt it since ur pastors opinion isn't reli gud to u if not u won't be asking.seek d face of God on d issue,I don't believe in asking people's point of view in issues like dis cos lost of discouraging statements will come up.commit it into God's hand...how long ve u known d brother and accompanying questions?and love isn't a day tin it's built in lots of premises,never built in a day.it takes tym,u don't love him now,u can eventually love him or not.either way u don't kn wot d future holds 4 u.so it's still d talk to God part dats standing.d bible said "seek and ye shall find" didn't limit d seeking and findin so u are @ advantage.but not wen it comes to marriage truth is u make d choice and u stay wit ur choice.
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by elveco: 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
Depending on ur level of maturity spiritualy. if ur pastor ve spoken frm God, u ve to aproach it frm spiritual perspective. God looks at wht we rily nid. Mind u, wht sutains marriage is nt dose initial "I luv u" nd al dt bt d values u share. D help meet factor. Though physical apeal rily counts to som pple bt thrs much mre. Rem as a Christian u hv a ministry 2 fulfil, God always ve dt in view. He knws u in nd out nd who soothes u nd ur purpose

Ar u ready to submit to God's will (Phil. 2:13)? U also need personal conviction come wt may. So dt u dont blame ur pastor. No mariage is witout a challenges, bt most tyms meant 2 usher in a new era depending on wht u c. So go to God in prayer - Jer 33:3. Ur personal revelation go a long way in sustaining u ...
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by adimloaded(f): 8:44am On Apr 09, 2016
The tin is dat,its not my pastor dat said it but de guy said dats wat his pastor told him n since den he hv bn disturbing me dat his pastor wants to see me.
elveco:
Depending on ur level of maturity spiritualy. if ur pastor ve spoken frm God, u ve to aproach it frm spiritual perspective. God looks at wht we rily nid. Mind u, wht sutains marriage is nt dose initial "I luv u" nd al dt bt d values u share. D help meet factor. Though physical apeal rily counts to som pple bt thrs much mre. Rem as a Christian u hv a ministry 2 fulfil, God always ve dt in view. He knws u in nd out nd who soothes u nd ur purpose

Ar u ready to submit to God's will (Phil. 2:13)? U also need personal conviction come wt may. So dt u dont blame ur pastor. No mariage is witout a challenges, bt most tyms meant 2 usher in a new era depending on wht u c. So go to God in prayer - Jer 33:3. Ur personal revelation go a long way in sustaining u ...
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by elveco: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2016
adimloaded:
The tin is dat,its not my pastor dat said it but de guy said dats wat his pastor told him n since den he hv bn disturbing me dat his pastor wants to see me.

Well I dont knw who d pastor is or wht be stand for. I will advice u go into prayer bfre anytin so as to be sure of wht u ar doin nd nt get influenced. PM me if u nid help ... stay blessed!
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by adimloaded(f): 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Tnx i will
elveco:

Well I dont knw who d pastor is or wht be stand for. I will advice u go into prayer bfre anytin so as to be sure of wht u ar doin nd nt get influenced. PM me if u nid help ... stay blessed!
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by asalimpo(m): 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nobody is responsible for directing your life.
God gives all his Children the Holy Spirit, He can communicate His will to you through the Holy Spirit and confirm it through His other children e.g Ministers of the gospel. But apart from that, No one - not your parents, your pastor, your senior brother etc is responsible for Telling you what to do with your life after you've become an adult.
Many lives have been ruined through this hijacking-and-living-other-peoples-lives-for-them.
Learn to hear God for yourself.
Failing that, take full responsibility for your actions.

Note - God will judge every one for actions taken and will not accept buck passing - Adam tried to do this in the garden by telling God, it is the "Woman you gave me that made me sin..", but God wouldnt hear it.
If you make the wrong choice - God wont hear , "it was my parent's / pastor etc " that told me to do it!

No apologies for the long write up - there's a lot of manipulation and control going on.
Some people just want to move into the driver's seat of another person's life and drive it as they please,
while making you feel guilty if you dont hand them the steering!! Tell them to back off.
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by adimloaded(f): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
Tnk u very much for the words of wisdom i will put it at work.
asalimpo:
Nobody is responsible for directing your life.
God gives all his Children the Holy Spirit, He can communicate His will to you through the Holy Spirit and confirm it through His other children e.g Ministers of the gospel. But apart from that, No one - not your parents, your pastor, your senior brother etc is responsible for Telling you what to do with your life after you've become an adult.
Many lives have been ruined through this hijacking-and-living-other-peoples-lives-for-them.
Learn to hear God for yourself.
Failing that, take full responsibility for your actions.

Note - God will judge every one for actions taken and will not accept buck passing - Adam tried to do this in the garden by telling God, it is the "Woman you gave me that made me sin..", but God wouldnt hear it.
If you make the wrong choice - God wont hear , "it was my parent's / pastor etc " that told me to do it!

No apologies for the long write up - there's a lot of manipulation and control going on.
Some people just want to move into the driver's seat of another person's life and drive it as they please,
while making you feel guilty if you dont hand them the steering!! Tell them to back off.
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
adimloaded:

Quite dangerous. That guy is a boy not a man. He is not motivated to marry you because he loves you but because of what his pastor said. He needs his pastor to convince you. It doesn't even look like you two are planning to build any relationship. He just wants to hijack you into a loveless relatiionship. Be very careful about man who cannot build a relationship with a woman but rather looking for ways to force themselves on you either by claiming God willed you to them or their pastor said so
Re: Can U Marry Him/her? by adimloaded(f): 12:30am On Apr 14, 2016
ApostleT:

Quite dangerous. That guy is a boy not a man. He is not motivated to marry you because he loves you but because of what his pastor said. He needs his pastor to convince you. It doesn't even look like you two are planning to build any relationship. He just wants to hijack you into a loveless relatiionship. Be very careful about man who cannot build a relationship with a woman but rather looking for ways to force themselves on you either by claiming God willed you to them or their pastor said so
you are correct sir, he wants to get me by all means but he wld't suceed.

(1) (Reply)

All The Truth About TITHE / 20 Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters You Have To See To Believe. / The Lords Chosen Storms OGUTA IMO STATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.