Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

All The Truth About TITHE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All The Truth About TITHE (1162 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 8:58am On May 02, 2016
The first man who ever paid Tithe was Abraham (a friend of God) Genesis 14:18-20. The one who received the tithe from Abraham was not an ordinary priest Hebrew 7:1-4.

Who really was Abraham the father of Tithers?

Genesis 12:1-3 God had said to Abraham come out from your people, I want to show you the secret man has been missing. First you need to know that no one has ever heard of tithe before now. So for Abraham to have given one his friend God must have told him to do that. Genesis 14:22-23, why will Abraham have sworn before God not to take anything from the spoil but take 10% to give to the high priest. So priest can be cajoled to have been made rich from the things of other men? No! because the priest give something in return for what was given to him. Genesis 14:19, If a priest doesn't bless you he is not worthy of your tithe because the lesser is blessed by the higher Hebrew 7:7.

Why did tithe not stop with Abraham?

Genesis 18:18-19 God is saying am about to show mankind hidden secret through the children of Abraham because I know Abraham will not take these secret to the grave but will teach his children to continue to do them in order for me to continue to fulfill what I have promised him. Deuteronomy 29:29, The secret things belong unto God alone but anyone he reveals to man is for man's good.

Who receives our Tithe?

There is this erroneous believe that our pastors receive our tithe. No your pastor don't receive your tithe as the banker in the bank don't receive your money but the bank. Now if you go to bank A to pay in money, you can make withdrawal from bank B because it was not the man whom you pay the money to that receives your money but the bank he work for. If the man is sacked tomorrow, you don't loose your money. Its in the bank waiting for you any day you need it. This is what your pastor or earthly priest does in the church when you bring your tithe.

Who then really receive your Tithe?

Hebrew 7:8 Here (on earth) mortal men (your pastor) receives tithes, but there (in heaven) He (christ) receives them, of whom it is witnesses ( tithe is a witness of christ being alive) that he lives. This in fact shows that if you don't pay tithe you don't believe Jesus has risen from the dead and until Jesus is alive no one can be save. Jesus is both our advocate and our High priest.

Jesus receives our Tithe and offering as our high priest and blesses us Hebrew 7:7.

Who rewards us for Tithing?

Revelation 3:7-8 Our high priest Jesus has the key of David to open any door and to shut any door. Verse 8 says, it is only your works which tithing is one of that will prove you believe in my name which will make me open doors for you. No matter how small what you earn is, your faithfulness to obeying God is what make your high priest open doors for you.

Why many receive nothing after tithing

Most tithers see God as a beggar so they receive nothing from Him because the lesser (the tither) is blessed by he who receives the tithe (Jesus our high priest).

Most tithers see their pastor as the one who receives their tithe and because the scriptures cannot be broken they cannot be blessed because it takes the higher to bless the lesser.

This thing is getting long, I didn't intend it so. If you have questions you can ask
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 9:44am On May 02, 2016
If you don't pay tithe your not a christian, you can claim anything. The truth remains, your not a christian since you don't believe Jesus is risen from the dead and he is alive. Without resurrection of Christ no christianity

1 Like

Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Peritus(m): 10:52am On May 02, 2016
Tithing is not part of Christian worship. Why do we say that we are not under the law/old covenant but have smuggled in a core practice of Levitical priesthood. A good part of the law predate Moses, eg. circumscision, blood sacrifice, tithe etc. but were made integral part of the law.
He who keeps a part of the law is bound to keep all of them all. Gal 5:3
Christ is our High Priest & we are all priests, the old order of priesthood has been abolished. Christ demanded for free giving as one pleases and alms giving. How could he have neglected such integral practice of the old law, being our High priest. It was never taught by the disciples too, why then is it made hyper important now.

1 Like

Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 11:06am On May 02, 2016
Peritus:
Tithing is not part of Christian worship. Why do we say that we are not under the law/old covenant but have smuggled in a core practice of Levitical priesthood. A good part of the law predate Moses, eg. circumscision, blood sacrifice, tithe etc.
He who keeps a part of the law is bound to keep all of them all. Gal 5:3
Christ is our High Priest, the old order of priesthood has been abolished. Christ demanded for free giving as one pleases and alms giving. How could he have neglected such integral practice of the old law, being our High priest. It was never taught by the disciples too, why then is it made hyper important now.

According to mattew 7:23 (the Gideon international) lawlessness is sin. If you are not keeping the law your a sinner. Jesus said I did not come to put away the law but to fulfill it.

Jesus fulfilled the law of sacrifice and gave us power to obey moral laws. That is while stealing is still a sin etc.

Now according to Hebrews 7:8 Jesus is in heaven receiving the tithes of those who believe he is still alive which is the whole essence of Christianity. If you don't pay tithe, your Jesus is still in the grave.

1 Like

Re: All The Truth About TITHE by swaggzo(m): 12:10pm On May 02, 2016
IF AS OF MAY 1ST I HAVE JUST 1,000 IN MY BANK ACCOUNT.
I WORSHIP WITH TB JOSHUA, WHO AT THE SAME TIME HAS ABOUT 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 IN HIS ACCOUNT.

SO YOU AND YOUR BIBLE SAYS IT'S RIGHT THAT I STILL GIVE HIM 10% OF MY MONEY?? ?

NIGGA I'M GETTING POOR WHILE MAKING ANOTHER SOUL RICH!! DAMN IT.

FXXXCK YOUR RELIGION! !
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

According to mattew 7:23 (the Gideon international) lawlessness is sin. If you are not keeping the law your a sinner. Jesus said I did not come to put away the law but to fulfill it.

Jesus fulfilled the law of sacrifice and gave us power to obey moral laws. That is while stealing is still a sin etc.

Now according to Hebrews 7:8 Jesus is in heaven receiving the tithes of those who believe he is still alive which is the whole essence of Christianity. If you don't pay tithe, your Jesus is still in the grave.
dey dia dey quote scripture to suit yourself.

continue lying against the holy spirit, you hear?

its nonsense like this that brings Christianity to disrepute.

Jesus doesn't need any body's tithe to rise from the grave.

Christ us the end of the law..Read Romans 10:4-11 and see whether the nonsense you just wrote applies.

you mock Jesus with your silly post and effectively deny the power of his resurrection by saying daft things.

The Hebrew 7 you quote is so different in meaning. you selected one verse and twisted it to your own understanding to justify the lie that is monetary tithe.
read verse 12 of Hebrews 7 and ask whether there is a change of priesthood and tell us why we should still follow the former priesthood.

tell us why the same Hebrews 7 in vs 19 tells us that the same law made nothing perfect. tell us why you do not bring in your offering as a wave, sin, burnt offering etc as stipulated by the law you say we should follow.

you and your writeup are a fraud and a scam.

3 Likes

Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Peritus(m): 8:01pm On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

I love your submission.
First, Mtt 7:23 says a different thing in the two interpretations that I use. Yes, Christ is the fulfillment of the law and the teachings of the prophets in that he brought the writings of the law & the prophesies to consummation, not that he came to enforce them. He himself is the fulfillment, after doing so, he proclaimed that "it is finished" Jn 19:30.
*Carnal Ordinances were imposed until the time of reformation & now Christ being the High Priest, a greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands.(Heb 9:10,11). Change of priesthood brought about change of law (Heb 7:11)
*"All the prophets prophesied the kingdom up till John's time."(Mtt. 11:13). Why? Because Christ is the fulfillment of the prophesies. Luke 16:16 says "The law of Moses and writings of the prophets were in effect up to the time of John the Baptist, since then, the Good news about the kingdom of God is being told."

All the above shows that he is the fulfillment of the law.
You said he gave us a moral law: no, he gave us a spiritual one not borne out of flesh or precepts. If I asked you to name the laws, you would be tempted to mention the ten commandments, not knowing that keeping the ten commandments won't take one to heaven. Do you know that the sabbat day is the seventh day not Sunday. If you work on the sabbat day, you are a transgressor of the law. Christ himself defied this law several times and on one occasion in Mtt. 12:1-8 he told the Jews that if they knew what it meaneth, I will have mercy not sacrifices, ye wouldn't have condemned the GUILTLESS. HE broke the law yet he was guiltless. In Jeremiah 31:31-33 God says that time is coming when I will make a new covenant...not according to the covenant I made with their fathers...I will write my laws in their hearts." What is the new commandment? What does it mean to write laws in hearts? I'm sure you know it's not about cramming the old commandments.
Christ gave a new commandment of love and introduced worship in spirit. Now if we walk in the spirit, we won't obey the lusts of flesh. That we are under grace doesn't mean that the we should sin, or that the law shall not be kept at all. Grace reigns unto righteousness as sin reigns unto death. Our righteousness doesn't come from keeping the law, but by the grace.
With grace, you won't struggle to keep the law, rather, you live a holy life in communion with the spirit. All you do will be guided by love, even for your enemies and persecutors. Most holier than thou are the super transgressors. They spend most of their time judging and sending others to hell, having no love for whomever they feel is condemned.

As regards Heb 7:8, I want to ask you. Are pastors High priests? Christ is the High Priest and we all are priests. Christ doesn't collect sacrifices, but our obedience and praise. Where did he empower the apostles or pastors to collect tithe?
Saying that one is not a Christian because he pays no tithe is same as saying that the Bible lied on what it takes to get saved. Judaists pay tithes more than you. Your good work has no nexus with your salvation. G'Night.
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Peritus(m): 8:17pm On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:
If you don't pay tithe your not a christian, you can claim anything. The truth remains, your not a christian since you don't believe Jesus is risen from the dead and he is alive. Without resurrection of Christ no christianity
Habbaaa, when does tithing has to do with salvation and being a Christian? This is heresy. Even the book of Malachy merely attached a reward to it. Did the early Christians pay tithe when they got saved. Were the gentiles asked to pay it when they got saved? It wasn't even made an issue then. Fortunately, you are not the one to determine who is a Christian. I can't judge you, but tithing won't take anyone to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 02, 2016
Eastbay:

dey dia dey quote scripture to suit yourself.

continue lying against the holy spirit, you hear?

its nonsense like this that brings Christianity to disrepute.

Jesus doesn't need any body's tithe to rise from the grave.

Christ us the end of the law..Read Romans 10:4-11 and see whether the nonsense you just wrote applies.

you mock Jesus with your silly post and effectively deny the power of his resurrection by saying daft things.

The Hebrew 7 you quote is so different in meaning. you selected one verse and twisted it to your own understanding to justify the lie that is monetary tithe.
read verse 12 of Hebrews 7 and ask whether there is a change of priesthood and tell us why we should still follow the former priesthood.

tell us why the same Hebrews 7 in vs 19 tells us that the same law made nothing perfect. tell us why you do not bring in your offering as a wave, sin, burnt offering etc as stipulated by the law you say we should follow.

you and your writeup are a fraud and a scam.

Hebrews 7:8 says Here (on earth) mortal men ( your pastors) receive tithes, but there (in heaven) he (jesus) receives them (tithe), of whom it is (the tithe bears) witness that he (jesus) lives.

I don't expect you to understand because your blinded in this area by your envy of people whom you thing use tithe for their need.
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 02, 2016
Peritus:

I love your submission.
First, Mtt 7:23 says a different thing in the two interpretations that I use. Yes, Christ is the fulfillment of the law and the teachings of the prophets in that he brought the writings of the law & the prophesies to consummation, not that he came to enforce them. He himself is the fulfillment, after doing so, he proclaimed that "it is finished" Jn 19:30.
*Carnal Ordinances were imposed until the time of reformation & now Christ being the High Priest, a greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands.(Heb 9:10,11). Change of priesthood brought about change of law (Heb 7:11)
*"All the prophets prophesied the kingdom up till John's time."(Mtt. 11:13). Why? Because Christ is the fulfillment of the prophesies. Luke 16:16 says "The law of Moses and writings of the prophets were in effect up to the time of John the Baptist, since then, the Good news about the kingdom of God is being told."

All the above shows that he is the fulfillment of the law.
You said he gave us a moral law: no, he gave us a spiritual one not borne out of flesh or precepts. If I asked you to name the laws, you would be tempted to mention the ten commandments, not knowing that keeping the ten commandments won't take one to heaven. Do you know that the sabbat day is the seventh day not Sunday. If you work on the sabbat day, you are a transgressor of the law. Christ himself defied this law several times and on one occasion in Mtt. 12:1-8 he told the Jews that if they knew what it meaneth, I will have mercy not sacrifices, ye wouldn't have condemned the GUILTLESS. HE broke the law yet he was guiltless. In Jeremiah 31:31-33 God says that time is coming when I will make a new covenant...not according to the covenant I made with their fathers...I will write my laws in their hearts." What is the new commandment? What does it mean to write laws in hearts? I'm sure you know it's not about cramming the old commandments.
Christ gave a new commandment of love and introduced worship in spirit. Now if we walk in the spirit, we won't obey the lusts of flesh. That we are under grace doesn't mean that the we should sin, or that the law shall not be kept at all. Grace reigns unto righteousness as sin reigns unto death. Our righteousness doesn't come from keeping the law, but by the grace.
With grace, you won't struggle to keep the law, rather, you live a holy life in communion with the spirit. All you do will be guided by love, even for your enemies and persecutors. Most holier than thou are the super transgressors. They spend most of their time judging and sending others to hell, having no love for whomever they feel is condemned.

As regards Heb 7:8, I want to ask you. Are pastors High priests? Christ is the High Priest and we all are priests. Christ doesn't collect sacrifices, but our obedience and praise. Where did he empower the apostles or pastors to collect tithe?
Saying that one is not a Christian because he pays no tithe is same as saying that the Bible lied on what it takes to get saved. Judaists pay tithes more than you. Your good work has no nexus with your salvation. G'Night.

Thank you for your submission but I will like you to know that the ten commandment is not moral law. Moral law is law for the coexistence of man.

That apart, I doubt you read my first article before the second. The first explain the second. We are not Christians because Jesus died but because he rose again. Tithing according to Hebrew 7:8 is a prove we believe Jesus is really alive. For you to assume that your pastor instead of Jesus receives your tithe in heaven shows you don't believe Jesus is alive in heaven.
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Hebrews 7:8 says Here (on earth) mortal men ( your pastors) receive tithes, but there (in heaven) he (jesus) receives them (tithe), of whom it is (the tithe bears) witness that he (jesus) lives.

I don't expect you to understand because your blinded in this area by your envy of people whom you thing use tithe for their need.
You are dull, dimwitted and ignorant all rolled in one.

Stop preaching the gospel in your usual half baked way.

The mortal men in your selected verse were the Levites, not pastors.
The passage tells us in summary that Christ has performed all the function in the law on our behalf as the head of the new priesthood.

Why take that verse in isolation?
Why not read the next few verses, and get a proper context?

Because you are a liar and twister of scripture. You are fraudulent and you deny the power of resurrection by equating Jesus' victory at the grave with paying tithe.

May a God have mercy on your soul for the heresy that is built in you.

I am above pettiness that you and your ilk have sunken to, hence emphasis on materialism that has rubbished a message that hitherto was simple.

I ask you to read vs 12 and 19 of same Hebrews 7 but you obviously can't stand the truth in them.

If you cannot answer me on the content of those verses, then please do not quote me.

1 Like

Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 02, 2016
Peritus:

Habbaaa, when does tithing has to do with salvation and being a Christian? This is heresy. Even the book of Malachy merely attached a reward to it. Did the early Christians pay tithe when they got saved. Were the gentiles asked to pay it when they got saved? It wasn't even made an issue then. Fortunately, you are not the one to determine who is a Christian. I can't judge you, but tithing won't take anyone to heaven.

What most of you don't understand that tithing is a way of live of the Jews so you can't tell them to do what they are use to doing. Now if Jesus did not talk about the pharisees paying tithe will you know they pay tithe? John says if all things were written the world will not contain it. But that is not where am going.

Go read Hebrew 7:8. It is the living Jesus that accept my tithe as a bank accept my money, my pastor is like Jesus cashier on earth. Tithing prove you believe Jesus is alive in heaven. Your not paying tithe show you don't believe the high priestly position of Jesus so how can he atone for your sin as a high priest. Our believe is validated in our action not our talk. A lot of people are claiming Christianity no experience to show. Their Christianity is a mouth thing.
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 02, 2016
Eastbay:

You are dull, dimwitted and ignorant all rolled in one.

Stop preaching the gospel in your usual half baked way.

The mortal men in your selected verse were the Levites, not pastors.
The passage tells us in summary that Christ has performed all the function in the law on our behalf as the head of the new priesthood.

Why take that verse in isolation?
Why not read the next few verses, and get a proper context?

Because you are a liar and twister of scripture. You are fraudulent and you deny the power of resurrection by equating Jesus' victory at the grave with paying tithe.

May a God have mercy on your soul for the heresy that is built in you.

I am above pettiness that you and your ilk have sunken to, hence emphasis on materialism that has rubbished a message that hitherto was simple.

I ask you to read vs 12 and 19 of same Hebrews 7 but you obviously can't stand the truth in them.

If you cannot answer me on the content of those verses, then please do not quote me.

lets look at your submission of verse 12 For the priesthood being change (that is from levi to Jesus), of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Now its important to know that tithing came before the law for the law came with Moses while Abraham has already paid tithe before the law.

Look at verse 21 Jesus was made a high priest after the order of the first priest that took tithe from Abraham which shows that tithing is made perfect when paid to the perfect priest. For while would Jesus not be made a priest according to the order of God but the order of a man who first perform the first priestly function on earth even before there was a law.

Remember with the law came sin, by implication tithing before the law was perfect. Then that which is perfect can not give way to what is not perfect.
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Peritus(m): 10:58pm On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

What most of you don't understand that tithing is a way of live of the Jews so you can't tell them to do what they are use to doing. Now if Jesus did not talk about the pharisees paying tithe will you know they pay tithe? John says if all things were written the world will not contain it. But that is not where am going.

Go read Hebrew 7:8. It is the living Jesus that accept my tithe as a bank accept my money, my pastor is like Jesus cashier on earth. Tithing prove you believe Jesus is alive in heaven. Your not paying tithe show you don't believe the high priestly position of Jesus so how can he atone for your sin as a high priest. Our believe is validated in our action not our talk. A lot of people are claiming Christianity no experience to show. Their Christianity is a mouth thing.

It is a way of life of the Jews, so also is/was circumscision, killing of adulterers, buying and selling of slaves, not working on the seventh day. Do you keep them all?
Hmmm, even if I believe in tithing I would still have negated all you wrote up there. Please never you pervert the grace of God. If anyone had taught you that salvation is linked to tithing, tell the person he's wrong. The practice was never about being put right with God. It has always been about material blessings as per the law. Except it's not tithe.
Very soon I will start hearing that if you don't tithe, u are destined to hell, the same people that preach the message of grace. Preach the Good News, preach love & never link tithing with salvation else you make Christ a liar. Christ even bemoaned the Pharisees in Matt. 23:23 for giving their tenth, yet neglecting the more important matters. Grace is FREE and COMPLETE. It's been fully paid for.

1 Like

Re: All The Truth About TITHE by maximunimpact(m): 11:38pm On May 02, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

how is resurection connected with tithing? i want to know please
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 8:56am On May 03, 2016
Peritus:

It is a way of life of the Jews, so also is/was circumscision, killing of adulterers, buying and selling of slaves, not working on the seventh day. Do you keep them all?
Hmmm, even if I believe in tithing I would still have negated all you wrote up there. Please never you pervert the grace of God. If anyone had taught you that salvation is linked to tithing, tell the person he's wrong. The practice was never about being put right with God. It has always been about material blessings as per the law. Except it's not tithe.
Very soon I will start hearing that if you don't tithe, u are destined to hell, the same people that preach the message of grace. Preach the Good News, preach love & never link tithing with salvation else you make Christ a liar. Christ even bemoaned the Pharisees in Matt. 23:23 for giving their tenth, yet neglecting the more important matters. Grace is FREE and COMPLETE. It's been fully paid for.

If you don't tithe, you don't believe Jesus receives your tithe that means you don't believe he is alive so your not saved
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 9:04am On May 03, 2016
maximunimpact:

how is resurection connected with tithing? i want to know please

Do you know Christianity is anchored on Jesus resurrection not His death?

If you know that, then know also that the resurrection made him our high priest who present our offerings and sacrifice to the Lord (His father).
If you don't give tithe it means you don't believe Jesus receives your tithe in heaven, Hebrews 7:8 and if you don't believe He receives your tithe it means you don't believe he is really alive. That means your not a christian since He did not raise you up from the dead and your not in heaven.

Tithing is as a prove of Christ resurrection as communion is to the remembrance of His death.
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by maximunimpact(m): 4:53am On May 04, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Do you know Christianity is anchored on Jesus resurrection not His death?

If you know that, then know also that the resurrection made him our high priest who present our offerings and sacrifice to the Lord (His father).
If you don't give tithe it means you don't believe Jesus receives your tithe in heaven, Hebrews 7:8 and if you don't believe He receives your tithe it means you don't believe he is really alive. That means your not a christian since He did not raise you up from the dead and your not in heaven.

Tithing is as a prove of Christ resurrection as communion is to the remembrance of His death.

This is the thinking of a carnal man, do you know tithe was never paid with money by those who once paid it during the time of law? do you even know why tithe was instituted? the priests and levites do no work or have any inheritance, the tithes was what they leaved off. Since Jesus is now our high priest in your mind do you still think he needs our tithes to survive? Does he eat food or money? Stop deceiving yourself and your ignorant followers, i believe you are a pastor who depends on tithe to survive, so its no surprise you can go this length to say Jesus collects tithe in heaven. Better still quote one scripture stating Jesus collects tithes, even if it exists (which never does) are you now Jesus the high priest who eats tithes? barbecue its amazing how pastors show red eyes defending tithes as if their lives depends on it (actually it does)
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Peritus(m): 6:21am On May 04, 2016
maximunimpact:

This is the thinking of a carnal man, do you know tithe was never paid with money by those who once paid it during the time of law? do you even know why tithe was instituted? the priests and levites do no work or have any inheritance, the tithes was what they leaved off. Since Jesus is now our high priest in your mind do you still think he needs our tithes to survive? Does he eat food or money? Stop deceiving yourself and your ignorant followers, i believe you are a pastor who depends on tithe to survive, so its no surprise you can go this length to say Jesus collects tithe in heaven. Better still quote one scripture stating Jesus collects tithes, even if it exists (which never does) are you now Jesus the high priest who eats tithes? barbecue its amazing how pastors show red eyes defending tithes as if their lives depends on it (actually it does)
Not only that, he definitely does not know that tithe is very new in the church from 18th century, but did not start as tithe. The first payment of such was during the time of Emperor Constantine when tax was introduced in the church and indulgence monetized, for the building/renovation of the Basilica and payment of church workers. This attracted severe criticisms from the protestants who believed that salvation was being monetised. This also was the bane of Luther's 95 thesis against Catholic church and papal supremacy. Sowing of seed, first fruit and tithe are all new in the church. Maybe for sustenance of the church, though severely abused.
The op does not even know that the then gentiles who received the Good News never paid tithe. It was only circumscision that nearly caused a problem before it was resolve that they should avoid food sacrificed to the idols, sexual immorality, strangled meat and blood, and nothing more. Tithe was never made an issue because Christians then were not paying it since they were not under the priests and Christ never collected tithe, neither were the gentiles ever under or made subject of any earthly priestly order. One may excuse tithing for whatever reason but lacing it with salvation is heretic.
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by lecturerdabo(m): 7:39am On Jun 01, 2016
Peritus:

One may excuse tithing for whatever reason but lacing it with salvation is heretic.

Thanks! Thanks!! Thanks!!!

I'm really loosing it for this people who emphasize tithe over all things more so asserting that

"if you don't pay tithe, your Jesus is still in the grave"

That explains why criminals are highly honoured in our churches today!

That explains why people without Christ are sent/tranferred to pastor new branches(in some denominations) even without pastoral training! Just cos they are faithful tithers and financiers!

Pls where did these peeps get their theology training from?

MANY WILL MISS HEAVEN FOR DOING RIGHT THINGS THE WRONG WAY!!

God ve mercy!!!
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Goshen360(m): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
Let us do a little exposition on Hebrews 7v8 in context and see who are the men here vs the one there and the witness of him alive.... grin cheesy grin Joker!
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
maximunimpact:

Deut 14:22-29
Tithe was change to money.

Sorry am not a pastor. Let assume am a pastor, is nairaland my church to hoodwink your suppose people who pays me tithe?

Are all Levi high priest? No! They stand in for the high priest in their region. Read my post again, your pastor receive your tithe for Jesus.

Jesus never received tithe because he was not a priest on earth. As a high priest in heaven, he receive both our tithe and our offering.

Your believe is in your action. If you really believe your Jesus is alive, you will always present your tithe and offering to him. But if yours is dead, while waste your money?

Your free to secure your treasure either on earth or in heaven. The choice is yours.
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by maximunimpact(m): 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Deut 14:22-29
Tithe was change to money.

Sorry am not a pastor. Let assume am a pastor, is nairaland my church to hoodwink your suppose people who pays me tithe?

Are all Levi high priest? No! They stand in for the high priest in their region. Read my post again, your pastor receive your tithe for Jesus.

Jesus never received tithe because he was not a priest on earth. As a high priest in heaven, he receive both our tithe and our offering.

Your believe is in your action. If you really believe your Jesus is alive, you will always present your tithe and offering to him. But if yours is dead, while waste your money?

Your free to secure your treasure either on earth or in heaven. The choice is yours.

You better go and look for a better job than gambling with God's name. I bet u survive on tithe.....
Re: All The Truth About TITHE by christemmbassey(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2016
Tithe payment in christianity is the bigest fraud in human history. there is no single verse in the entire bible where christians are commanded to pay tlthe to God, Jesus, Pastor or church. The OP should stop encouraging fraud.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Stop Going To Church / Prophet T B Joshua Responds To Critics Over His US Election Prophecy / Why Is God Fighting His Own Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.