Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,067 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? (1919 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again.. / Why Nigerians Won't Occupy Nigeria As Fuel Subsidy Removed / Governors Show Less Concern As Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Sunofgod(m): 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
No complaints coming from 'CPC' states??
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Mutuwa(m): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hahahaha!
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by jane0000(f): 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
Cause we are 95%. cheesy
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by MzPecs(f): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
I really don't think so angry
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by donestk(m): 8:40pm On Apr 07, 2016
U can say dat again wink

Bae u fine oh

jane0000:
Cause we are 95%. cheesy
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by jackobi(m): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
so who wan go find out
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Kyase(m): 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
jane0000:
Cause we are 95%. cheesy
kiss kiss kiss
Yes ooooo 95% is a perfect score.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Kyase(m): 8:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
MzPecs:
I really don't think so angry
Highest na price the climb but no scarcity here.
95% rules baby..... grin cool
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Kyase(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2016
donestk:
U can say dat again wink

Bae u fine oh

Kai comoth your eye, na person wife
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by finofaya: 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
Here in Kaduna state, we were buying fuel from the black market at N1000 (USD3) per gallon. This week, following a proper ban on the sale of fuel in jerry cans, fuel is scarce at the black market too. We now buy the gallon at N1500 - N2000. So that's 375 - 500 per litre. If you tried to fill up an 80 litre tank at this rate, youd spend N40, 000. People have taken to parking cars in queues at filling stations, pending when the station gets fuel to sell. The roads are much freer. Transport fares have tripled, as most of the commercial cars are either off the roads or buying petrol at the new price. There is now a sea of people walking to their destinations or waiting for the fewer available commercial cars. I can no longer drive as I see fit, it's mostly home to office now. Of course there's still the light problem, so the gen is on a very tight timetable for some of us. It's off for most. The blackouts are very black now. We are quite fxcked here. This is my humble complaint.

2 Likes

Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by SageTravels: 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
op you get observation A1 for O level abi.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by MzPecs(f): 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
Kyase:

Highest na price the climb but no scarcity here.
95% rules baby..... grin cool
I see..

So southwest is not part of the 95%? undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Kyase(m): 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
MzPecs:

I see..

So southwest is not part of the 95%? undecidedundecidedundecided
It is ooooo but 5% full there that na why grin
Babe you fine small kiss
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Kyase(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
finofaya:
Here in Kaduna state, we were buying fuel from the black market at N1000 (USD3) per gallon. This week, following a proper ban on the sale of fuel in jerry cans, fuel is scarce at the black market too. We now buy the gallon at N1500 - N2000. So that's 375 - 500 per litre. If you tried to fill up an 80 litre tank at this rate, youd spend N40, 000. People have taken to parking cars in queues at filling stations, pending when the station gets fuel to sell. The roads are much freer. Transport fares have tripled, as most of the commercial cars are either off the roads or buying petrol at the new price. There is now a sea of people walking to their destinations or waiting for the fewer available commercial cars. I can no longer drive as I see fit, it's mostly home to office now. Of course there's still the light problem, so the gen is on a very tight timetable for some of us. It's off for most. The blackouts are very black now. We are quite fxcked here. This is my humble complaint.
Bros which side of kd. Make I know.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by finofaya: 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Kyase:

Bros which side of kd. Make I know.

The capital.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by iyb(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
if fuel scarcity hits Nigeria every where is affected although the north is a unique case especially place like Kano the black marketers are not as greedy as their southern counterparts so no matter the level of fuel scarcity fuel in the north is always cheaper than the south thats the first reason secondly the black marketers in the north do buy fuel from Niger republic and smuggle it into Nigeria but that is only feasible during fuel scarcity cos their fuel is more expensive than ours during normal times
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Kyase(m): 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
finofaya:

The capital.
I know, which side?
Because I dey capital since last month.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by MzPecs(f): 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
Kyase:

It is ooooo but 5% full there that na why grin
Babe you fine small kiss
Thank u! undecided undecided
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by finofaya: 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
Kyase:

I know, which side?

Duplicate post.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by finofaya: 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
Kyase:

I know, which side?

Toh. Comot from your house. Go and price a gallon of fuel.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Kyase(m): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
finofaya:

Toh. Comot from your house. Go and price a gallon of fuel.
I buy fuel yesterday and this evening for motor so I just want know which side you dey ........
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by finofaya: 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2016
Kyase:

I buy fuel yesterday and this evening for motor so I just want know which side you dey ........

How much did you buy it? I live at Sabo and work at Ahmadu Bello way. I've tried to buy fuel as far away as Kawo and Bypass. Are you aware of the ban on the black marketers?
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by naija247: 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
Come Yola, Adamawa state u go know if fuel scarcity dey or not.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Kyase(m): 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
finofaya:

How much did you buy it? I live at Sabo and work at Ahmadu Bello way. I've tried to buy fuel as far away as Kawo and Bypass. Are you aware of the ban on the black marketers?
Well aware, I stay at nissi village around refinery.
150 per litre yesterday and this morning but this evening, it became 120 per litre
But wait oooo okot sell 150 yesterday night.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by finofaya: 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
Kyase:

Well aware, I stay at nissi village around refinery.
150 per litre yesterday and this morning but this evening, it became 120 per litre
But wait oooo okot sell 150 yesterday night.

From the black market? Okot no be better filling station na. That 150 is more like 230. When bought fuel there late last year I ended up paying 16k for 100 litres though they claimed they were selling at 95 or so. And it's not everybody that can afford to spend ages trying to buy from a filling station.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by dragonking2: 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
jane0000:
Cause we are 95%. cheesy

finofaya:
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Kyase(m): 10:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
finofaya:

From the black market? Okot no be better filling station na. That 150 is more like 230. When bought fuel there late last year I ended up paying 16k for 100 litres though they claimed they were selling at 95 or so. And it's not everybody that can afford to spend ages trying to buy from a filling station.
Hmm, no much line sha.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by queencalipso(f): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
come to katsina here and see ques fear go catch you. people are even fighting to buy fuel at 180 naira per litre from fuel station. only nnpc mega station sell at the official price and the que wey dey there be like from Nigeria to Jerusalem. light sef is a forgotten issue, no water plus the state is sooooo boring. God please help me oo!!!! trekking to phillipines tomorrow.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by LegatusGlaber(m): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2016
The Op is just a rabble rouser. The fuel situation, power and economic downturn is affecting every part of this country. The only difference between the fuel situation in the North and south is greed.

Our southern brothers are very good in taking advantage of this kind of situation financially, while our nothern brother's are less prone to do that.
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
Uhmm
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by Emekamex(m): 1:18am On Apr 08, 2016
Simple answer->Northernocracy
Re: Does Such Thing As 'Fuel Scarcity' Exists In The North? by sinkhole: 1:19am On Apr 08, 2016
Here in Lafia, Nasarawa state, the only station, apart from NNPC mega stations, that sell at 86.5 per liter is the AA RANO and it is not always, about once in a week (I must really commend this AA RANO, they are doing good work here, they have never sell fuel more than #86.5 since all these problem started!). All other stations sell at #200 per liter and above.
OH, less I forget, there is one CONOIL, along Makurdi road, infront of Winner's junction, they too sell at official price but they use to have fuel like once in a month

(1) (2) (Reply)

DPR Field Officers Telephone Numbers / See The Response Reno Omokri Gave A Guy That Wishes PMB Dead / Video:pres. Buhari Blasts Gov. Fayose - This Will Surely Make You Laugh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.