Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Are Amnesty International Really Humanitarian? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Are Amnesty International Really Humanitarian? (423 Views)

Amnesty International Accuses EU Of Having A Secret Deal With Libya, Shares Vide / Amnesty International: Victims Of SARS Torture/murder Confesses / Don Wanny And His Boys Surrender To Wike Amnesty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Amnesty International Really Humanitarian? by Vesuvius(m): 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
This topic has been disturbing me for time immemorial hence I just decided to spill it out. In the wake of recent clamourings for the abolishment of capital punishment in Nigeria, I think am on the nick of time as per this post.

So I ask, what is really the mission statement of Amnesty International? I believe the aim of organizations the world over, is to improve the human race. Humanitarian cum NGO organizations like Amnesty International seem to promote that too or so it seems. Yet, I more often than not get gobsmacked by the way these guys protect public enemies, as in downright sociopaths who double as anti life and unrepentantly opposite to everything humanity holds sacred, talk of right to live etc. Why would a person take the life of another and be accorded a different treatment. I was telling my colleagues in the office today that if I intentionally kill someone, it would only be justice being done if I get done in by the law too, either by hanging or firing squad. In as much as I do not pray to go such way, that's what really should be meted to serial killers like terrorists which Boko Haram belongs to. This will firmly deter future culprits and galvanize a sense of justice in the bereaved QED! Any other thing is organized idiocy tinted with monumental insensitivity.

Finally, God who owns the earth even kills when necessary, how much more hypocritical humans. If human rights mean more than sanctity to a human life "which has not transgressed the law", then methinks whatever else is being promoted is rubbish. Are some criminals' lives more equal than other humans? Even if it were so, I don't think Nigeria as a country should listen to them. Let's maintain the status quo like we have always done ala ab nitio done when they were nose poking into our military's noble exploits against the Boko boys. Yeye dey smell..

(1) (Reply)

Newly Relocated AIG Parades 458 Suspected Criminals In Kaduna / President Buhari Received Needed Intelligence For Rescuing Chibok Girls / Beware!! Never Purchased Any Used Car From Online With Is Plate Number Covered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.