Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? (13462 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Octech: 7:22am On Apr 09, 2016
It is ethical to ask if the such is happening 4 the first time. Who knows, the boss might have forgotten. Ask, for it is Ur right and entitlement.

1 Like

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Barigaboy(m): 7:23am On Apr 09, 2016
Since her boss has not being like that before I will advise her not to ask but if she must ask, she should ask stylishly because it is possible for her boss to think she has paid her.
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by kilokeys(m): 7:32am On Apr 09, 2016
Whizzdom:
Hello Nairalanders..

My sister works for this woman, who thinks she is smarter than everyone, it is a sole proprietorship business, the woman gives her (my sister) her salary on time whenever the month end.
Now the month of March as ended, we are now in April 7, and my sister need this money to run something urgently, but her boss as never talked about the salary.
My sister is wondering if it is ethical to ask her boss for the salary, or she should wait until she gives her.
Please Nairalanders, I need your advice.

Hahahahaha.. She should meet my ex boss.. She will owe u 5 months and not even budge.. I sacked her on the 6th month.. Waited an extra 2 months to get my pay.
Now I am jobless and happier

Wait o.. Why are female bosses worse than Satan himself?

2 Likes

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by ring7(m): 7:44am On Apr 09, 2016
Pls tell"us" what wrong your sis did in month of march
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Kalashnikov102(m): 7:47am On Apr 09, 2016
Things are kind of bad now sweet heart...so jus chill, she's aware..
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Drjemiyo: 7:55am On Apr 09, 2016
Wait till the 2nd week of the new month, that's the time you can say you are being owed salary legally!
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by dannewlife(m): 7:55am On Apr 09, 2016
She should just tell her boss the problem she has without asking for the money. In that way she will kill two birds with one stone.
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Jolomisan(m): 7:56am On Apr 09, 2016
I guess she should still hold on for a while
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by abdo123: 8:08am On Apr 09, 2016
I think if after one week and she hasn't called ur sister to talk to her d situation of her salary, ur sister should please ask her politely or jokingly since she needed d money urgently. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Wowzer(m): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2016
Back then, I pay staff before month end and anyone broke before month end gets a soft loan to be deducted from next salary.

I don't joke with staff salary payment. Some bosses are not considerate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Akinkunmi0777(m): 8:30am On Apr 09, 2016
You have 2 ask my sister.
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by otiigba1(m): 8:31am On Apr 09, 2016
I do not understand you nigerians, you have been working your butt off and when is time for you to get paid you are owed some times for months. How does your boss expect you to survive? This things do not happen over here be it Big company or small individual owned. Before the end of the every month your money is already in your bank some people have already spent their wages on credit cards. Infact some are even waiting for their bosses to make mistakes on their wages so they can sue his arse for more.
I hear this all the time hard workers been owed for months if any one can not afford to pay their workers they should not be running company/business it means they are incapable of managing their companyangry

2 Likes

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Evathyst(f): 8:35am On Apr 09, 2016
Your sister boss still dey learn work. My boyfriend who presently works in a consulting firm still hasn't been paid today. In their own case it's a norm in their office to delay salary till the 10th of a new month. undecided undecided

So appalling! undecided undecided

Asking your boss for your salary could put you in his 'black book'. Not asking could make him see you as a 'Zombie' who would work under any condition. undecided undecided

This is what Philosophers call 'On the horns of dilemma'. You'll be damned if you act, and if you still choose not to act, you'll still be damned anyways.

1 Like

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by MadCow1: 8:42am On Apr 09, 2016
Whizzdom:
Hello Nairalanders..

My sister works for this woman, who thinks she is smarter than everyone, it is a sole proprietorship business, the woman gives her (my sister) her salary on time whenever the month end.
Now the month of March as ended, we are now in April 7, and my sister need this money to run something urgently, but her boss as never talked about the salary.
My sister is wondering if it is ethical to ask her boss for the salary, or she should wait until she gives her.
Please Nairalanders, I need your advice.

Your wages is a right not a privilege...

You can demand your right anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Bukeyz001(m): 8:45am On Apr 09, 2016
My dear ask for your. Salary. Its very bad to live in. Assumption. Find out whts going
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by oluarc(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2016
I ve similar experience, but this is my first salary,which is yet to b paid,but every other staff has bn paid since 28th of March tho they receive lesser amount of salary compare to mine,shud I go ahead and ask or shud I just keep quiet nd expect dem to do the needful?
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by josite: 9:08am On Apr 09, 2016
a gentle reminder will do in case she forgets.i warn u not to push your sister into regretful action.most likely she hasnt ,it may be she has one or two constraints.a staff once approached me rudely over a late salary and i simply ask her to resign and come back for her salary later.
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by oketoyinboshola(m): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2016
TheBossLadyK:
If what she need the money for is very very important, then their is a way she can talk to her madam about her salary, if the madam dey fear God she will comply, but if she don't have use of the money yet she should please hold on until she pay her her salary.
A good administrator should know when to pay his or her staff their salary, I don't need to tell my boss my problem before my salary get paid, so far the month as end. Proprietor or proprietress should know how to pay their staff at when due. We should learn to be considerate.

1 Like

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by hohafrank(m): 9:20am On Apr 09, 2016
Don't ask for your salary.Just write for salary advance of almost 70% of your salary to meet up with pressing financial needs.Good luck.
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Elsafema: 9:29am On Apr 09, 2016
Some of you don't know what u are saying, suppose u are working under aregbesola Osun government then u will know meme
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by opius: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2016
Ask for IOU...
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Ayauche(f): 11:00am On Apr 09, 2016
Uwatomaabimbola:
You should wait until u are paid ooo u can only ask when your salary has been withheld for a very long time...

Yes I agree with u 100%. I dnt really think its right asking for ur salary, what abt if ur work where they pay directly to ur Acct. How will u go abt that and for God's sake, its the 1st time.
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by tomayira(f): 11:16am On Apr 09, 2016
Get a leverage and stop depending on salary, call or whatsapp 08037798195 to know more
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Funkybabee(f): 11:59am On Apr 09, 2016
it's your right to ask for it, because u work for it. but just ask him in a polite way I just dey wonder why some employer keep delaying their worker salary and they also know there is not change that is entering ur pocket everyday na ur only salary u are surviving with. that's why I don't like to work in a place that na ur salary will be ur only income.
its bad!!!
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by DorisK(f): 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
My dear av been trying to be polite since this year by not demanding my salary. And I have only been paid just once since this year. Don't fall into dat trap ASK!AND THOU SHALL RECEIVE

1 Like

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
Yours is kinda better, my boss owes my March salary and have not paid and he has been complaining bitterly how he has no money, den last Monday we went to work and he was renovating the premisis..i neva forgive am sha plus God no the sleep
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by ifeoluwa49(f): 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
Let her ask,cos d boSs might be observing some things (is she seeing tips from my biz or sm1 myt hv told her boss some Negative thing about her) if she did nt ask,dat myt be risk
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by SenatorJames(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
She can wait till 15th, so far its unusual of her boss. It can be because of the present situation of the country.
Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Whizzdom(m): 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
kilokeys:

Hahahahaha.. She should meet my ex boss.. She will owe u 5 months and not even budge.. I sacked her on the 6th month.. Waited an extra 2 months to get my pay.
Now I am jobless and happier

Wait o.. Why are female bosses worse than Satan himself?

Its true my oga ... Female bosses are worst. Lol

1 Like

Re: Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? by Whizzdom(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
MadCow1:

Your wages is a right not a privilege...

You can demand your right anytime.
Its true ... Thanks sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? / Federal Job Or Private Job / Why Do You Find Your Salary Disappointing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.