Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,432 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

President Buhari, Where Is The Fuel? : A Must Read For All Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari, Where Is The Fuel? : A Must Read For All Nigerians (473 Views)

Why Is No One Blaming Buhari For The Fuel Scarcity? / Buhari Where Is Northwest In Your Budget(s)? / Walk for Buhari - Where are those who walk to Celebrate Buhari's victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari, Where Is The Fuel? : A Must Read For All Nigerians by Lenny5k: 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
The hardship on Nigerians in the past three weeks cannot be quantified. Everywhere you go, the people are not happy and rightly so. The long hours queuing all through the day at fuel service stations make one irate already. To then add more salt to injury, darkness greets you at night when you return home, the heat already causing rashes all over the children’s body, such type of rashes that defies Johnson’s baby powder(well maybe it’s not even the original one purchased, in Nigeria, nothing is impossible).The past government would still continue to take a blame because of its neglect to everything infrastructure in the country. The money accrued in the last 16 years within our budget is enough to build us 5 new largest refineries in the world. The excess that no one is yet to account for would build 10 more refineries. But nothing at all was built, the 4 working refineries it met on ground in 1999 all collapsed to satisfy selfish interests.

However, despite the foolishness of the 16 wasteful democratic years of the past, it was not a template of an excuse for the pain the people experienced under the APC. The people voted the APC in to make things right. There is a failure already on the parts of the government via its media team to share it’s plan with the people. Talk to us, tell us what the problems are, what solutions you have put or is putting in place to checkmate the unfortunate crises in the short, medium and long term. The crises was an opportunity for the president(who also doubles as petroleum minister) to address the nation. It would have been an avenue to plead to us all(those of us that would understand and those that would refuse to understand) about the problems at hand, and the solutions to solve it once and for all. The people needed a reassurance, they needed a direction from above. So many who believed Nigeria is on the right path would renew their hope if only they heard from above. Sadly, the entire media team including Mr president failed yet again on this important parameter.

In the midst of the madness inflicted by the hardship, my team and I would like to commend three fuel service stations who resisted the Nigerian factor during the crises which thankfully with the distribution ongoing around the nation would end the pain/queues before the weekend. Those three service stations are
(1) BOVAS PETROLEUM
(2) PETROCAM OIL & GAS
(3) ETERNAL OIL.
In the madness of the increase and greedy gains that most Nigerians want to capitalize upon, the aforementioned service stations never increased their pump price from #86.50.

The government need to find out the model adopted by these patriotic companies, especially Bovas who stood firm and eliminated the crowd factor by refusing to sell into kegs. We should ask why and how they were able to maintain that discipline up till this very moment. If at all something is clear to the discerning mind, it already shows that the government can and should go ahead to fully deregulate the oil sector.

I personally carried out a survey, speaking directly to many Nigerians that I don’t know across several fuel stations. The anger in some people would make you dare not whisper(for real whisper not even scream) ‘Sai Baba’. You just have that feeling that if you are alive to tell the story, it would be a disfigured you with POP telling it from the hospital bed. Only few understand the root cause, only few. Many blame the present government even when they say that they voted for change. To some funny historically amnesia Nigerians, this was the first time they would queue for hours at the fuel station, it never (according to them)happened like it is now during their favorite administration. I only corrected gently with facts as many as I could(I didn’t raise my voice one bit correcting ooo, before they divert the visible anger towards me..yes the anger was visible, you could see the Redman in the eyes of the people).

The junior minister(who truly must be commended for the many wonders he is performing despite the quantum of challenges inherited) must ensure that true to his words, such break down once it fully disappears never reoccur again. Nigerians don’t want to know the WHO, HOW, WHY or WHAT caused, they only want to know ‘WHERE’. Where they can buy fuel without hassles. This government must double or triple it’s efforts to ensure that it’s plans are communicated and solutions are provided to prevent future re-occurrence that shall make everyone ask ‘Buhari, where is the fuel?’. It is the responsibility of the government to provide answers to that question. We see your efforts Mr president, but your people want no excuse, no stories, they want results. I strongly believe you would deliver.

May the president succeed in his genuine quest to better the lives of all Nigerians.

More .. http://.com/2016/04/07/president-buhari-where-is-the-fuel/

Re: President Buhari, Where Is The Fuel? : A Must Read For All Nigerians by marshalcarter: 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
Dats wah hapun wen nigerians elect sum1 who doesn't knw the full meanin of APC as fresident fa

Thinkin of time i'll leave 2mao to goan queue
Re: President Buhari, Where Is The Fuel? : A Must Read For All Nigerians by pendusky(m): 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
My question is

Why is APC supporters creating new NL usernames?
Re: President Buhari, Where Is The Fuel? : A Must Read For All Nigerians by Emekamex(m): 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nigeria hasn't gone to the dogs yet, it is just that this present government seem to be learning on the job and were not prepared beforehand to tackle our numerous problems. I do hope they get things right.

(1) (Reply)

ECOWAS Citizens, Including Nigerians To Be Allowed Entry Into Ghana Without Visa / Rebel:Ife Get Zero Project each year, price paid for rebellion / Presidency Lied, No Lagos-calabar Rail Project In 2016 Budget — NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.