Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Nigerian Government Should Take The Lesser Blame In Our Plight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Government Should Take The Lesser Blame In Our Plight (318 Views)

Rashida Yahaya Bello On Lesser Hajj With Children (Photos) / Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. / Idps In Sambisa Camp Live Lesser Than Goats- Doctor Shares Heartbreaking Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Government Should Take The Lesser Blame In Our Plight by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
Everyday and Everywhere you turn to, you hear and read about people's anger towards the federal and state governments. Every abnormality, dissatisfaction, irregularity, cruelty etc is blamed on the government.
Buy a careful analysis of our attitude towards one other as citizens of this nation reflects a high level of inconsideration and indifference much more than the government show towards us.
We impose untold hardship on ourselves, all in a bid to make profit and we turn a blind eye to the needs of others.
My brother was taken to the General Hospital on Broad Street, Lagos Island due to a life-threatening infection and I saw man's wickedness to man first hand, in full glare. No nurse will attend to you unless you 'sort' them. It is an organized racketeering and everyone of them are part of it. Right there I saw people in pains who didn't get the required attention until their family member paid the nurse. This is in spite of the fact that you pay for everything from bed sheets to air fresheners and tissue rolls. Many patient have died simply because of this evil attitude bt the hospital staff. Thank God we took my brother elsewhere, else he might have died for lack of attention.

I then thought of all the other ways we are being mean to ourselves and then blame our government for indifference- imposing illegal taxes on ourselves (agbero, area boys, "by-force" trade unionism...), cheating each other, employing diabolical and cut throat means to get ahead of others, stealing what belongs to all...

We can,continue blaming GEJ and PMB for a thousand and one things they have done wrong to bring us hardship, but indeed we are indeed more wicked to ourselves than the government is to us, the citizens.
Re: The Nigerian Government Should Take The Lesser Blame In Our Plight by Flexherbal(m): 10:50pm On Apr 07, 2016
Na me and you be government!

(1) (Reply)

LG Boss Tasks NDDC On Koko-ogheye Road Project / 2016 World Press Freedom Day: Madumere Lauds Journalists, Task Them On Professio / Your Pet May Help You More Than You Know! - Newsphases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.