Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. (68360 Views)

BREAKING: Niger Delta Avengers Call For Ceasefire, Ready For Dialogue / “Don't Dare Us” - Niger Delta Avengers Give Stern Warning To A.G.I.P / PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Ceasefire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by PhockPhockMan: 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2016

According to a statement issued by the spokesperson for the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), Brigadier-General Mudoch Agbinibo, the Niger Delta region has sustained Nigeria for a long time but has received little in return.Mr. Agbinibo’s statement lamented the neglect of the region by successive governments and emphasized that Niger Delta must be given the right to control its own resources and possibly be carved out from Nigeria.

“Since the day crude oil was discovered in commercial quantity and quality at Oloibiri in the present day Bayelsa State, what we have been asking from successive governments in Nigeria is potable drinking water in the midst of plenty of water mass, electricity, roads, employment, quality education/educational facilities, resource control, participation in the oil business and inclusive governance that would engender substantial freedom.

The statement continued by contrasting the living situations between local residents living lives of “terror of poverty, inhumanity, and desolate living conditions” compared to individuals who live at the oil facilities “operated by the multinational oil corporations, they are living like kings and presidents.”

Mr. Agbinibo elaborated by saying, “for over five decades, we have given the multinational oil corporations and their collaborator Nigerians peace, cooperation, and love for the crude oil to flow unhindered from our land. The continuous tranquility is only manifesting in the development of mountains, rock, valleys, deserts, and lagoon, while the Niger Delta territory continually alienated from all types of development and essence of quality human life.

Meanwhile, all successive governments worship the crude oil taken from the region. Our communities and the people are only good at securing the pipelines, oil and gas facilities.

"What a tragedy! We are calling on the international community, especially Britain, France, United States, Russia, China and European Union (EU) to speak up against this ongoing terror and come to the aid of Niger Delta as witnesses to the grave inhumanity and history of terror perpetuated against the people of Niger Delta on daily basis."

Excerpts of the statement are below:

“This history of terror, we the Niger Delta Avengers will resist and correct with every means necessary. We have nothing to lose in the battles ahead; justice they say is only found within the structure of a nation state, rather than provide this justice the Nigerian government has decided to mobilise her military might to intimidate, torture, maim, victimise and bombard a section of the nation state and her citizenry to allow the free flow of our oil. Some persons, groups, and commentators may ask, what do the people of Niger Delta want?
We are not like some of these personalities who run champagne parties or turn Rivers State Government House into a house patrimony of god-sons and prebendalism. They say the progress and success of a nation state is the reflection of her constitution that is not manufactured to favour some section and excludes the yearning and aspirations of others; but the indwelling spiritual and historical development of its people.

“Since the amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914 to date, our resources have been used to sustain the political, administrative live wire of Nigeria to the exclusion of the Niger Delta. Finally, we are calling on the international community, to come and support the restoration of our right to peaceful self- determination from this tragedy of 1914 that has expired since 2014.

“We want our resources back to restore the essence of human life in our region for generations to come because Nigeria has failed to do that. The world should not wait until we go the Sudan ways. Enough is enough.”

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/10/niger-delta-avengers-give-nigerian-government-condition-ceasefire-pipeline-bombing

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by eshietIntrepid(m): 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
Is that simple

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by buharifraud: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
This message was passed across yesterday. I don't know why Sharia Reporters is behind time. The article has been trashed out by Nairalanders.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by PRYCE(m): 4:38pm On Jun 10, 2016
Each time I hear Niger Delta Avengers, I think of Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Agent Romanov, Thor E.T.C grin grin

Well, Buhari should listen oo!...!

153 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by lordizak(m): 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
I understand their pain, but terrorism, vandalism, and threatening of war is not the answer.
Secondly, International community can't give us a swift solution, A case study is Syria, Pakistan, Russia, Secession is not as easy as you think. The major mistake of PMB's administration is the revocation of the pipeline guard contract. I believe, without violence, there's a fix. Together we'll achieve great things. For a ship to sail well, sailors will say ; All hands on deck. Give Nigeria one more chance.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by politricks: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
Ok
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Thewrath(m): 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2016
No be person wey no get ear infection dey hear word well?

21 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by PhockPhockMan: 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2016
lordizak:
I understand their pain, but terrorism, vandalism, and threatening of war is not the answer.
Secondly, International community can't give us a swift solution, A case study is Syria, Pakistan, Russian, Secession is not as easy as you think. The major mistake of PMB's administration is the revocation of the pipeline guard contract. I believe, without violence, there's a fix. Together we'll achieve great things. For a ship to sail well, sailors will say ; All hands on deck. Give Nigeria one more chance.

Please remove terrorism, they're no terrorists.

245 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by lordizak(m): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

Please remove terrorism, they're no terrorists.

According to Merriam Webster; Terrorism is the use of violent acts to frighten. the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal.
Someone may ask who's frighting who. The explosions, Fear of the the civilians; when the see the force men, low productivity, destruction of infrastructure, maiming of lives. We are destroying our own homeland. Boko haram did that in the North, let it not happen here. let's not let some individuals take our security away. Thanks.

259 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Jlow2: 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
lyk play, lyk play e don d happen,the day d gods declared d monkey must die, all d trees in d forest become slippery, f.g is still clueless on dis.

10 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by jamesharryson(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
H

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Rival(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
Which way Nigeria? Where injustice is promoted these things are bound to happen. If the country cannot see justice in taking deliberate effort to develop the region it depends so heavily on for survival now, is it when the economy is diversified and every region is self-reliant and the oil is of little or no value that it would be deemed fit to develop it? A country where a region is seen to be only good for exploitation is bound to have a date with societal unrest and anarchy. When you are on the ground already, you fear no fall anymore. Just hold on tightly to any part of your opponent that makes him uncomfortable.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2016
Their reasons for taking up arms are well understood. But nothing much can be done to address the issues with the path they have chosen. Violence is never a means to justice. It will only fuel more violence as can be seen in the splinter groups that have sprung up.

Since they have called on the international community to come to their aid, the West can as well mediate in the crisis by inviting both sides to the talking table.

But then, we are always quick to blame the West for our woes, yet we can't settle internal wrangling without calling on them....When will the black man really lose his chains?

13 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by 989900: 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2016
"What a tragedy! We are calling on the international community, especially Britain, France, United States, Russia, China and European Union (EU) to speak up against this ongoing terror and come to the aid of Niger Delta as witnesses to the grave inhumanity and history of terror perpetuated against the people of Niger Delta on daily basis."

Looks like what a toddler, or a nagging wife would do. Terrorizing the state and claiming victim in the same light. You think those multinationals you terrorize by bombing their facilities, kidanpp their staff and threaten day in-day-out don't know better?

They know how lazy you are. They know how much your leaders care about you. And they know you lot don't actually care about your people, rather, about your pockets.

LOL at oil sustaining Nigeria since 1914.
cheesy

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Splinz(m): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hmm. Dear NDA, be rest assured that your pains and frustrations are well perceived by your fellow country-men. But please, let us talk. Let me also assure you that Muhammed Buhari, the president, is poised to rectify these mistakes. Though he has his shortcomings, I think he's wise enough to read the handwriting on the wall. Give peace a chance!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2016
Bobs...try hide your face na.....even NDA where get moralsss dey cover their face shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked .....Abi you want make DSS nab you grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.....change your DP if you must make indicting comments like this lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

uupgrade:
That's d spirit of a real Niger Deltan. All hail my Uncles from different War boats All the ones coming from Ogbia, nembe, brass, okrenkoko, gharamatu, ogla,, warri. bomadi. akugbene, esanma, ayakoromor, to mention but few, who r risking their lifes fighting so I could secure a good job in my state, for fighting so that my next generation could afford Oxford University in my very own Delta state without necessarily traveling abroad. I say may d God that created this earth shield u from the attacks of NA. NAF, DSS. and all other Security Agencies Mounted against ur Genuine Struggles. May d late spirit of Isaac Adaka Boro shine light in ur endeavours. Freedom! Freedom!! Freedom!!!! Ahhhh Izon!!!!. we will die as heroes with our heads up high not like cowards.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2016
TrueSenator:
Bobs...try hide your face na.....even NDA where get moralsss dey cover their face shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked .....Abi you want make DSS nab you grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.....change your DP if you must make indicting comments like this lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

lol, kai guy na true u talk I just d vex as dem scrap d maritime Uni, I been d plan to work there 2019 ooh. dis thing d pain me am outta control.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Progressive01(m): 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
989900:

Looks like what a toddler, or a nagging wife would do. Terrorizing the state and claiming victim in the same light. You think those multinationals you terrorize by bombing their facilities, kidanpp their staff and threaten day in-day-out don't know better?

They know how lazy you are. They know how much your leaders care about you. And they know you lot don't actually care about your people, rather, about your pockets.

LOL at oil sustaining Nigeria since 1914.
cheesy
I just don't understand too oo!! Between them and the state, who's acting like a terrorist?? What a childish reverse psychology only meant for the consumption of the gullible miscreants who constitute the bulk of their supporters.

Let them keep blowing jor. Let Nigeria go the way of Sudan, and hopefully, they being the South would go the way of South Sudan.

What a useless set of idiots. cheesy

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Rival(m): 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
This should be a defining moment for the people of Niger Delta. They should keep personal interests aside and work in the common interest of all to achieve a better Niger Delta that we all can be proud of. Each passing day, the future looks bleaker for the average Niger Deltan as his resources are carted away to develop other regions while he wakes up only to be smeared in the face with the debris left behind! They take away your resources and tell you it's the decision of the majority! When you complain they tell you it's democraZy and that things go the way of the majority. When you do a cosmetic surgery on the truth and present it to a people, its effect won't last as its true nature will be discovered sooner or later. For the Avengers, as long as you stay true to your desire to see a better Niger Delta, you'll have sympathizers. God bless your struggle.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
I agree with you absolutely......nobody does anything for no reason....APC actually created this monster for everyone. The wisest thing to do is to undo everything that led to it.

We are praying and we know our prayers are not in vain....Praise to Jehovah for helping us smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

uupgrade:
lol, kai guy na true u talk I just d vex as dem scrap d maritime Uni, I been d plan to work there 2019 ooh. dis thing d pain me am outta control.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Horus(m): 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u_4yKrYt-8

[size=14pt]Bakassi Militants Ask Niger Delta Avengers To Stop Bombings[/size]

The Bakassi Strike Force has issued a warning to the Niger Delta Avengers over their incessant bombings of oil pipelines in the Niger Delta.

The Strike force stated that it was not in support of the Avengers’ activities as the bombings had a degenerating effect on Nigeria’s economy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Kingspin(m): 6:56pm On Jun 10, 2016
Very simple things to do.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by lonelydora: 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
Nobody should blame Buhari in future for not doing what he was suppose to do as president.
That's all I can say. NDA is fighting a selfish fight.

Quote me anywhere.

14 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Zico5(m): 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
We shall see at the end that these people are not fighting for anyone or region but their pocket. We shall see how it ends

13 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by qualityovenbake(m): 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
The mark of a great country is just how patriotic and prideful the citizen are to be part of it. Some of the comment here shows that Nigeria citizen practice Regionalism over Patriotism . Regionalism[ is like a scourge that begins to pit one region against another and take away the feeling of patriotism that should be present all over the entire country. Am against secession but in support of all State managing their resources.

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by tobex23(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2016
Continue bombing una Land....

Yoruba's would say: Ara lo n fabo si...

15 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Cherishing(f): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2016
Either the government listen to them or not, the only thing I know is that what's gona be gona be and we got nothing to do about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by Exponental(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2016
ok
Re: Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. by omolola15(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2016
Calling on international community. Are these people serious at all. After blowing up their pipelines and terrorizing their staffs. They are coming. The next plane that'll land in pothacort is their plane. Yeye people.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shasa Crisis: Northerners Leaving Ibadan In Droves / Who Will Be The Next First Lady Of Nigeria? / Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.