Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,010 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. (4583 Views)

How To Make Spicy Isi Ewu: Spiced Goat Head Recipe / The Best Place To Chop A Well Prepared Isi-ewu [spicy Goat Head] in Uyo / Nkwobi, Isi-ewu, Abacha, Ugba, And Pepper Soups Video Sharing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. by seangy4konji: 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
Good evening food lovers. I have a problem with both above and need clarification.

I don't eat outside unless hungry but I have addiction to Igbo made meals. For example draw soup and thia ur llyellow garri. With that fish like round about. Dry fish. I have always been confused about this isiewu and latter

Sometimes I ask for ikwobi they will give me flesh of goat head and so Isi
Ewu they will give me something that looks like ponmo(cow skin).

This is what I asked for tonight as Isi ewu and they gave me goat head part and hides in d sauces and all. With onions and butter leaf. Madams dat know wats pup lease clariffy me which Is which cos sometimes I like that ponmo of a thing if pepperish. I like pepper.

Ps. If I want to do this on my own how do i

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. by vicstar(m): 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
chaii undecided

Re: Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. by seangy4konji: 11:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
The reason why Yoruba men deh lock up with Igbo women na because dem sabi cook no be small. My step mum is Igbo from ogwachi and do old man confided in me that apart that she cooks good?ait down they sit down.

Oh boy me I don't know about you oo but this food don full and tomorrow I going for now obu and will paste pics.

Ibile lawa eleyi. Nkan to ye ko towobo. O wa Lon wa shibi. Kilo de na only u waka come.

Ibile lawa eleyi.

Eat well good for the body.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. by seangy4konji: 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
Ok. Ur bus ticket and location can never be the same. Even twins from same we. There will be dumb and dumber.(Jim Carey) smokey
vicstar:
chaii undecided
Re: Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. by vicstar(m): 11:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
seangy4konji:
Ok. Ur bus ticket and location can never be the same. Even twins from same we. There will be dumb and dumber.(Jim Carey) smokey

gibberish cry
Re: Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. by seangy4konji: 12:02am On Apr 08, 2016
Alaye swerve..i no get your time///sorry..got better thing to do than you in mentions...smokey...bro you dont even know dumb and dumber.never watched it when you were young?Jim careh?
vicstar:

gibberish cry
Re: Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. by seangy4konji: 12:31am On Apr 08, 2016
since you dont know know then i can help...

vicstar:

gibberish cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. by LikeJesus: 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
isi-ewu literally means goat head. So the famed isi-ewu delicacy is simply made with goat head in potash sauce with other orishirishi. While, nkwobi is traditionally made with ponmo or d foot of a cow plus d tail etc aka cow leg with sometimes with same sauce as isi-ewu.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Ikwobi And Isi Ewu. by lyly911(f): 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
LikeJesus:
isi-ewu literally means goat head. So the famed isi-ewu delicacy is simply made with goat head in potash sauce with other orishirishi. While, nkwobi is traditionally made with ponmo or d foot of a cow plus d tail etc aka cow leg with sometimes with same sauce as isi-ewu.
you have said it all..isi ewu is the goat meat while nkwobi is the kpomo

(1) (Reply)

The Worst Food Combination You Have Commited / Zoborodo (aka) Zobo Drink / How To Cook Nigerian Egusi Soup With Bitter Leaf (ofe Egusi/obe Efo Elegusi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.