Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean (764 Views)

Pregnant Lady Illustrates Gluttony Associated With Pregnancy Via Maternity Shoot / Problem Associated With Recharging Phone Via Bank Account / 20 Pictures Associated With Ridiculous Reasons Why Kids Cry.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by DrAda(f): 4:03am On Apr 08, 2016
This is confusing right, I mean, how can being too clean ever be a bad thing. It protects against germs and all. Cleanliness is good and let's not forget associated with godliness.

Cleanliness can be good but being too clean to the extent that your home is literally a death trap for all germs that ever liveth can be detrimental to your kids.

We need certain germs to help train our bodies to learn to defend itself. Just like mothers who erroneously believe bathing their kids with disinfected water helps to fight infections. It really does not. Think about it, the outside world is riddled with germs. If your baby lives in a germ free environment, how ever can the body learn to fight and protect itself.

Being too clean is associated with diseases like asthma, skin allergies, and generally a weak body defense system.

So, how can we avoid being too clean? How about simply ditching the disinfectant for now to clean everything in your home including toys. Simple soap and water will do. Let your babies explore. Allow them to pick up random things to play with. Reject the urge to clean, clean, clean and your baby will be just fine.

www.kiddiesmatters.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by DrAda(f): 4:05am On Apr 08, 2016

Re: Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by fr3do(m): 4:20am On Apr 08, 2016
I concur
thats why you will never see a not so rich kid having asthma.
Re: Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by greatgod2012(f): 5:17am On Apr 08, 2016
Dr, you're right. That's how kids develop strong immune system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by DrAda(f): 8:14am On Apr 08, 2016
fr3do:
I concur
thats why you will never see a not so rich kid having asthma.
Come to think of it, in all my years of being a doctor, I am yet to see those in the lower social class having asthma.
Re: Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by DrAda(f): 8:15am On Apr 08, 2016
greatgod2012:
Dr, you're right. That's how kids develop strong immune system.
Totally agree, I let my last child play with dirt...so far so good, no allergies

(1) (Reply)

(PHOTO) Meet Dr. Tor Uja’s Five Children – All Girls, All Lawyers / Photos: Father Did This To His 4-year-old Daughter Because She Lost Her Slippers / Mother Refuse To Breastfeed Newborn Baby That Looks Like Masquerade (graphic Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.