Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo (10378 Views)

Airtel Unveils New Data Plans- 50mb N100, 200mb N200, 350mb+700mb N300 / Airtel Unveils Free 1GB Weekend Plan To Subscribers / Airtel Unveils 11gb For N2000 And 22gb For N3000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by jorospet2(m): 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
whats the differnece?? Besides 1mb is 1024kb that means 10mb is 10240kb.. 10240÷100=102.4 .

Stop claiming i too know..and d nigga dat replied after you..apply sense too..
Okay, sah.
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by joey150(m): 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
martinkem:

I would if i was right
you where right man..

But it seems you just guessed
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by martinkem(m): 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
you where right man..

But it seems you just guessed

No i actually wasn't right. My math was off by a magnitude of about a 100.

I corrected it after it was pointed out to me.
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by Undisputed88(m): 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
ThatSameGuy:
Airtel Nigeria has unveiled "Smart Speedoo" , a new data plan which most internet-savvy Nigerians will find agreeable.
The service was unveiled at a press conference in Ikeja, Lagos state.
The telecoms firm said Smart Speedoo allows customers to experience real data while browsing at affordable tariff and enjoying free megabytes.
Interested subscribers can activate the new internet package by dialing *141# on their devices.

Vice President, Data & Digital Services at Airtel, Nitin Anand, explained how the Airtel Smart Speedoo plan works.
“When a customer uses up to 10mb at1kobo/kb, Airtel gives him 10mb free.
And when his usage gets to 50mb, the browsing rate drops to 0.5kobo/kb, then he gets 50mb free.
When the customer’s usage reaches 100mb, the rate drops further to 0.2kobo/kb and he is given 100mb free,” Anand' explained.

He further noted that this cycle continues every month, thereby giving Airtel customers the FREE SURF experience.
He said Smart Speedoo rides on the superfast 3G internet, which offers internet speed of up to 42mbps.
This speed is very close to the Long Term Evolution (LTE) speed.
“Almost 80 to 85 percent of all Airtel 3G sites in Nigeria are IP enabled so
they can give you the speed of 42mbps, this speed is similar to the speed you get on LTE network.
So, we can proudly announce that customers can
get real data experience on the Airtel 3G network, which is equal to 4G
speed,” Anand said. Airtel’s Head of Data & portals, David Umoh
added that Smart Speedoo gives pop-up notifications to show usage.

Hence users of the service do not need to remember USSD code to buy data or worry about their airtime being used up when browsing.
Airtel also noted that Smart Speedoo gives ‘free internet in everyone’s hand’ as it enables customers to be in control of their data usage
while also surfing at a very low rate.

It promised to continue to roll out more services to further empower Nigerians and offer the free surf experience.
Checkout this Free Browsing tweaks
http://adielem.com/2016/03/15/latest-free-android-browsing-cheats/
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by joey150(m): 7:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
martinkem:

No i actually wasn't right. My math was off by a magnitude of about a 100.

I corrected it after it was pointed out to me.
ohhhh ohhh....i see
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by LOVEGINO(m): 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
pinkiberry:
boring.
...and annoying undecided
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
MetaHuman:
Airetel the liar.
Their highest speed at 3oclock midnight still stood at 1.5mbyte/sec That less down 17mbit/sec..

I have only achieved 32mbit on Etisalat.. But that damn network is expensive.
But it's better than snail glo
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by Freelancer007(m): 4:35pm On May 05, 2016
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by Maximum83: 9:44pm On May 05, 2016
ThatSameGuy:
Airtel Nigeria has unveiled "Smart Speedoo" , a new data plan which most internet-savvy Nigerians will find agreeable.
The service was unveiled at a press conference in Ikeja, Lagos state.
The telecoms firm said Smart Speedoo allows customers to experience real data while browsing at affordable tariff and enjoying free megabytes.
Interested subscribers can activate the new internet package by dialing *141# on their devices.

Vice President, Data & Digital Services at Airtel, Nitin Anand, explained how the Airtel Smart Speedoo plan works.
“When a customer uses up to 10mb at1kobo/kb, Airtel gives him 10mb free.
And when his usage gets to 50mb, the browsing rate drops to 0.5kobo/kb, then he gets 50mb free.
When the customer’s usage reaches 100mb, the rate drops further to 0.2kobo/kb and he is given 100mb free,” Anand' explained.

He further noted that this cycle continues every month, thereby giving Airtel customers the FREE SURF experience.
He said Smart Speedoo rides on the superfast 3G internet, which offers internet speed of up to 42mbps.
This speed is very close to the Long Term Evolution (LTE) speed.
“Almost 80 to 85 percent of all Airtel 3G sites in Nigeria are IP enabled so
they can give you the speed of 42mbps, this speed is similar to the speed you get on LTE network.
So, we can proudly announce that customers can
get real data experience on the Airtel 3G network, which is equal to 4G
speed,” Anand said. Airtel’s Head of Data & portals, David Umoh
added that Smart Speedoo gives pop-up notifications to show usage.

Hence users of the service do not need to remember USSD code to buy data or worry about their airtime being used up when browsing.
Airtel also noted that Smart Speedoo gives ‘free internet in everyone’s hand’ as it enables customers to be in control of their data usage
while also surfing at a very low rate.

It promised to continue to roll out more services to further empower Nigerians and offer the free surf experience.
it's a useless plan, we don't need it as if we data hungry to go for this slavery called airtel data plan
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by wunmi2odun(m): 10:00pm On May 05, 2016
joey150:
whats the differnece?? Besides 1mb is 1024kb that means 10mb is 10240kb.. 10240÷100=102.4 .

Stop claiming i too know..and d nigga dat replied after you..apply sense too..
Guy you dey quick vex sha grin grin grin
Re: Airtel Unveils New Data Plan - Smart Speedo by freebrowsingtime: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
I wrote something similiar, but for all airtel subscribers searching for the best airtel data plans, visit http://www.airteldataplans.net/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where can I get Free Bulk Sms / Smartphones And Tablets Harbour More Germs Than A Toilet Seat / Gionee M5 13MP Camera Performace Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.