Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,545 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely (14242 Views)

FUTO Protest Update: How It All Started (full Story) / ASUU Bans UNILORIN From Academic And Non-Academic Activities / UNILAG Set To Resume Academic Activities On May 2nd,2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 08, 2016
Indefinitely....not good at all and i have been praying that we should even write exam and go on holiday....the stress is too much going from home everyday.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by mneedss(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2016
I think protest should have been last resort (if there is need for it at all) after all forms of communications with the management have failed.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Teespice(f): 9:38am On Apr 08, 2016
it has always been like this towards exams.
no electricity, no water. living conditions would get so bad.
let them protest, hopefully the school authorities will do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by GodblessNig247(m): 9:39am On Apr 08, 2016
Gracito:
But why? Why is Nigeria like this? Lots in abject poverty, few in millions. Education sector decaying, agriculture forgotten, but why? Very soon, another one would Come up, maybe ABSU. #smh

Do u school at ABSU?
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by otokx(m): 9:46am On Apr 08, 2016
Cutehector:
Thank God i'm in uniport cheesy

Yes o, we do not make such mistakes in UNIPORT, our students should graduate as and when due.
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2016
My Alma mata wetin happen again. This issue occur every session, even it happened last session but we just endured it.
In the next fortnight, academic activities will resume back.
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 08, 2016
Is it the school that awarded 5.00 CGPA in a behavioral science discipline?
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:51am On Apr 08, 2016
otokx:

Yes o, we do not make such mistakes in UNIPORT, our students should graduate as and when due.
So, Unilag don't finish her session at the right time. Guy, why u dey yarn Okpata like this. 5years is 5years in Unilag. I entered in 2010/2011 and graduated 2014/2015 session.

5 Likes

Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by tushd(m): 10:00am On Apr 08, 2016
dominique:
At the moment, very few areas can boast of steady power and other amenities. All I see is a bunch of lazy students who doesn't want to write exams decides to stage a protest. Now the serious ones are being affected
please just get of your high horse.. you are not in the system, hence you won't understand that even reading condition for we scholars is unfavourable.. We have less than 2hrs of electricity, inadequate water supply... Abeg just negudu
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by OBAGADAFFI: 10:11am On Apr 08, 2016
Some UNILAG students always behave like spoil brats,
They are protesting over everything as if the lager society is not going through the same pains.

Well, since their academic calendar is now affected, they will be begging the Senate to reascend their decision.
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by seanwilliam(m): 10:13am On Apr 08, 2016
bedspread:
Wen we said it should called MAULAG (MOSHOOD ABIOLA UNIVERSITY) YOU GUYS REFUSED! SEE WAT HAS HAPPENED NOW
emi ni sio mr.goat?
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by bedspread: 10:14am On Apr 08, 2016
seanwilliam:

emi ni sio mr.goat?
God bless u bro
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by OBAGADAFFI: 10:16am On Apr 08, 2016
tushd:
please just get of your high horse.. you are not in the system, hence you won't understand that even reading condition for we scholars is unfavourable.. We have less than 2hrs of electricity, inadequate water supply... Abeg just negudu

And what happens to students living off-campus, Akoka, Abule-Oja, Abule-Ijesha e.t.c

These off-campus students feel the pains more.
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by mediang: 10:20am On Apr 08, 2016
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 08, 2016
philosopy:
I understand Unilag remains the best " Greatest Akokites"
But It is not compulsory to live in the school hostels. U can stay around Yaba and environs.
The students should understand the cost of running diesel and the eratic power supply in the country coupled with the fact that universities are not well funded.
They should return back to school and lectures.
Unilag leaves on....Great Mariere hall, King Jaja kingdom.

Your funny!!! Can't believe you just made such comment! Can't the school provide alternative means of power? Can every student afford to live off-campus?
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 08, 2016
dominique:
At the moment, very few areas can boast of steady power and other amenities. All I see is a bunch of lazy students who doesn't want to write exams decides to stage a protest. Now the serious ones are being affected

i have seen you the hard-working student, why didn't you get a 5pt cgpa na!!!
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by philosopy: 10:32am On Apr 08, 2016
Ezechinwa:

Your funny!!! Can't believe you just made such comment! Can't the school provide alternative means of power? Can every student afford to live off-campus?

If you are a student there now, I understand how you must feel, we all went through that one time or the other.
Remember the budget has not been signed, no fund. Surely it is not the intention of the school to willing do this but something must have caused it.
Alternatives could also mean more funds.
The point is to endure and finish your exams and leave.

Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by thoosing(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2016
Lazyreporta:

The Senate of the University of Lagos (Unilag) have suspended academic activities following student protest over poor living conditions.

Students of the institution had on Wednesday 7 April, 2016, embarked on a protest to register their displeasure over poor living conditions occasioned by inadequate power and water supply.

In a circular posted to various notice boards this morning, the institution’s management gave students till 10am to vacate their halls of residence “in order to avoid further breakdown of law and order”.

Source...http://lazyreporta.com/unilag-protest-update-academic-activities-suspended-indefinitely/

Mynd44,Lalasticlala
UNILAG OR MALU(MOSHUD ABIOLA LAGOS UNIVERSITY). OAU PARTNER IN STRIKE

Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Ugosample(m): 11:01am On Apr 08, 2016
dominique:

Better save it there!!!!!!!!

I am an alumnus of this great institution, and I understand their plight 100% nobody is lazy here.

How can students cope without light and water? It's brutal.
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Gracito(f): 11:02am On Apr 08, 2016
GodblessNig247:

Do u school at ABSU?
no
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:03am On Apr 08, 2016
I think that Nigerians in diaspora should return to govern Nigeria, those living inside the country think like animals. I'm sorry father for including you but it's true.

Useless people inside blessed country.
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Donnetimmy(m): 11:08am On Apr 08, 2016
That facial expression an OAU student makes when reading this
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by imohrol(m): 11:27am On Apr 08, 2016
This is a bad news to sm serious students. wat is really hapening to giant of Africa? as the day go by things re geting worse. shal, great Uniuyo rounding up exam.......
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by dare9ja: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2016
dominique:
I'm not against what you just said...I guess you aren't a student there,so u won't know what's they are really going through... Unilag power supply has been very steady until some semesters back... (you should know how they are used to it). N in this current situation of our nation... Things are really hard.. No fuel, no light lamps are down, to even get water is very similar to that experiences at the fuel station... Its obvious it's beyond the school management...but dz factors are Really making learning very stressful unlike it has been
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by jlo247(m): 11:46am On Apr 08, 2016
God please help us
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by ola2unjy(m): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2016
I hope dey resume soon.

Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by GodblessNig247(m): 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Gracito:
no
but u mentioned ABSU. is OK
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by Adegbemigunjosh(m): 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
If na OAU some idiots go don come here dey talk past glory... Past glory n u guys cant stand us in competitions...nonsense
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by flaky66(f): 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
As at this morning,protesting students were not willing to go but can u blame dem??.... No light,pesin no fit cook as dem no allow stove,to baff now kon bcme wahala. Abeg dese students shuu kontinu until d vc cmes to address dem but dey shuu shaa cancel dis yeye indefinite strike as i am a victim :$ embarassed
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by nevi12(f): 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
philosopy:
I understand Unilag remains the best " Greatest Akokites"
But It is not compulsory to live in the school hostels. U can stay around Yaba and environs.
The students should understand the cost of running diesel and the eratic power supply in the country coupled with the fact that universities are not well funded.
They should return back to school and lectures.
Unilag leaves on....Great Mariere hall, King Jaja kingdom.
Ave u tried finding out d cost of living outside school .....its ridiculous not all students can afford it so most pple jst squat in school
Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by dAchieveRochukz: 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
Such decision by d Senate is too quick...what we need is solution not strike....other institutions in d country are also experiencing such but they have been able to manage it without going on strike...y UNILAG...abi lectures won go hussle to 4 street too..

Re: Unilag Protest Update: Academic Activities Suspended Indefinitely by mbhs139(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
sheyee:
I thought UNILAG do generate the power themselves

This is what everyone use to think, you're not alone in this. They think that tall building behind service area is unilag's own nepa. Sorry, it's not like that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Benin Orders Immediate Closure Over Impending Boko Haram Bombing / Lead City University Ibadan. / >ASUU To Call Off 2 Months Strike 20th August 2013??-VNTI ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.