Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Our Parents Need To Know This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Parents Need To Know This (529 Views)

Indomie Generation Won't Know This. / Nigerian Parents Need To Read This And Nigerian Principals To Learn From It. / Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Parents Need To Know This by iyamchee(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2016
Nigerian Parents and their nonsense mentality. They Want their children to be Doctors, Engineers And Lawyers Cuz Of The Money. One parent whose child scored below the cut off mark was asking me which course that could bring enough money so that her daughter could apply for. She had wanted her to study medicine. I Just told her that there was no course that wouldn't give money. Another thing not helping problems is the educational structure. In the south, most especially the south south, 90 percent of students go to science classes. The parents also have a hand in this. They want their children to get the oyel(oil) money. The People in the west value education a lot more. Since i started living in Ph, i don't think i have come a school with commercial arm of class. If you check most banks and auditing firms, you'll find out that most of their employees are either yoruba people or persons from other tribes who were educated in the west. Parents should learn to allow their children make career choices and guide them and support them.....
Re: Our Parents Need To Know This by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 09, 2016
iyamchee:
Nigerian Parents and their nonsense mentality.
They Want their children to be Doctors, Engineers
And Lawyers Cuz Of The Money. One parent whose
child scored below the cut off mark was asking me
which course that could bring enough money so
that her daughter could apply for. She had wanted
her to study medicine. I Just told her that there
was no course that wouldn't give money.
Another thing not helping problems is the
educational structure. In the south, most especially
the south south, 90 percent of students go to
science classes. The parents also have a hand in
this. They want their children to get the oyel(oil)
money.
The People in the west value education a lot more.
Since i started living in Ph, i don't think i have
come a school with commercial arm of class. If
you check most banks and auditing firms, you'll find
out that most of their employees are either yoruba
people or persons from other tribes who were
educated in the west.
Parents should learn to allow their children make
career choices and guide them and support them.....
The west are more educated because their founding fathers laid foundation for them. They provided free education even up to tertiary institution whereas the south south didn't if not off recent. As for parents choosing courses for their children, it's because of fame and monetary value of such courses during their time but now things as changed. We now see many unemployed doctors, lawyers e.t.c.

(1) (Reply)

#igbopeople Most Brilliant Black African Race - Academic Study / Test Your Algebra Skill / Importance Notice To All Unilag Aspirant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.