Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) (4089 Views)

What The Colour Of Your Urine Means / UNIZIK Bus Driver's Wooden Mirror (Photos) / Mirror Test: Ladies Take Note; A Mirror Or 2-way Glass? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by CrazyScientist: 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Did you know that the human eye can differentiate 10 Million colours?! But What Colour Is A Mirror you might say silver cause they are usually illustrated that way, and are made from silvery looking things like aluminium, BUT in reality, a mirror is… whatever colour you point at it…BUT WE’RE NOT THERE YET…

Things are whatever colour they are cause they absorb all other colours from white light and reflect that colour that you see them to be. But a mirror reflects all colours so you can also say a mirror is WHITE. But a mirror does not reflect light the way other objects do, it absorbs light at an angle and reflects it at a single outgoing direction, reflecting the image of the object in front of it, BUT WAIT A MINUTE… that is a PERFECT MIRROR, and we live in a world where there are no perfect mirrors (cause they all absorb a little bit of light).

If you look at a typical mirror, you’d find that it best’s reflects light within the 510 manometre range, which we see as GREEN LIGHT, so a mirror is a tiny bit GREEN!

This can be noticed when looking at a “MIRROR TUNNEL”, which is when you face two mirrors together and the scenes replay in each mirrors, you can see that as you look farther into the tunnel, it gets dimmer and you can see a little bit of GREEN, so you can say a typical mirror is….GREEN.

[img]http://nerdvarsity.files./2016/06/mirrtunnela.jpg?w=1108[/img]

Like and Share, drop your comments below.
SOURCE: https://nerdvarsity./2016/06/26/what-is-the-actual-colour-of-a-mirror/#more-83

VISIT nerdvarsity. for more interesting articles!

©NerdVarsity

Cc: lalasticlala

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by DesChyko: 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
Glass colour is green. You don't need a camera to see that.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Ronpet777(m): 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ok,Thanks for d research and exhibition,though still dont knw wot d application of d just acquired knowledge will be in Nigeria today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Tunechi1(m): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
I knew this even without this ur experiment

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Luckylife(m): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by druxy(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
thanks for this op

1 Like

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by haxorDelite(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
thumbs up OP,
topics lyk dis no dey reach FP nah see breast see yansh topic dey full dere

1 Like

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Neyoh90(m): 11:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
nice discovery @ OP. and to the bad belles who don't know before now but claiming they know GOD is watching you

1 Like

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:18am On Jun 28, 2016
undecided
Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by policy12: 2:19am On Jun 28, 2016
Hmm d mor u know is proportional to d ra8 of confusion...and convulsions.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Nobody: 2:37am On Jun 28, 2016
You can easily know all these by just looking into the cross section of a mirror. or any generic glass for that matter.

I used to do this when i was around seven. there were these louvers with glass panes, I would look through the cross section . . . it looked like this,

[img]http://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIawViKovZfy2qeRzP4Tx__WsCOh97T5TLppK11oaKfgz8y_di.jpg[/img]

. such a beautiful place.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by TDonald: 6:24am On Jun 28, 2016
Teempakguy:
You can easily know all these by just looking into the cross section of a mirror. or any generic glass for that matter.

I used to do this when i was around seven. there were these louvers with glass panes, I would look through the cross section . . . it looked like Heaven. such a beautiful place.

Werey grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 28, 2016
TDonald:

Werey grin
I'm not the one using Chinese signature on a forum designed entirely for English speakers now, am I? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by TDonald: 6:44am On Jun 28, 2016
Teempakguy:
I'm not the one using Chinese signature on a forum designed entirely for English speakers now, am I? grin grin

lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Youngsage: 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Teempakguy:

Hahaha this cracked me up grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Princealex1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
someone will soon refute this and give a researched based explanation for it,life and its mysteries.
Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by prof800(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
Borosilicate.
Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by Beamborla(f): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
I've always seen it but never noticed it.

Thanchuuu, OP

1 Like

Re: Did You Know This Is The Actual Colour Of A Mirror! -nerdvarsity (+PICS) by tdayof(m): 1:43am On Jun 29, 2016
The actual color of mirror isn't green. Mirrors just reflect green light better than other parts of the spectrum and this gives mirrors a slight greenish tinge.

First, the colour of an object is given by the wavelengths of the light it absorbes or reflects. An object which appears red absorbes the light of all wavelengths BUT red, which it reflects.

In theory, a perfect mirror would reflect all the light that comes to it. Therefore, since it doesn't absorbe anything, it has no color.

In practice, there aren't any PERFECT mirrors. Therefore most of them have a slightly green colour. And when I say slightly, I mean you cannot see it with the naked eye. But you can convince yourself of it if you have 2 mirrors which you can set face-to-face by looking in that infinite reflexion. You should notice that the furthest reflexion has indeed a green tint to it.

If you know about the electromagnetic spectrum, you will understand more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"I Made This Wonderful Drawing While Am Still In Jss3 / 20 Things I Have Learnt In My 20s. / Kwara State University Begins Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.