Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) (16872 Views)

Journalist Loyal To Adams Oshiomhole Brutalised At His Office Over N5m Loot(pics / How SARS Police Brutalised Comedian In Ozoro, Delta State [PHOTOS & VIDEO] / Soldiers Shoot Olajideide Sipe In Festac (A Lawyer) - Gaphic photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Islie: 8:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
My ordeal in police hand, by lawyer

The lawyer also alleged that the policemen removed the N150,000 he kept in his car’s pigeonhole.

He said he was driving by the Onipanu Police Station when he was stopped by Corporal Alonge, who accused him of using a fake tinted glass permit.

Elemihe said: “On my way from Lekki where I went to check a property with my client, I decided to use the Onipanu Police Station Road, by Apata.

“Immediately I drove into the street close to the station, one Corporal Alonge stopped me, demanded for my vehicle particulars. I gave them to him, then he demanded for my driver’s licence, which I also gave him.

“When he discovered I did not commit any offence, he asked for my tinted glass permit, which I gave him. He told me I was using a forged tinted glass permit. I told him I could not have forged a police document as a lawyer.

“He became furious and said he was going to arrest me. He jumped into my vehicle and insisted I must give him N1,000 to bail myself. I said I was not going to give him any money since I have not committed any offence.

“He pounced on me and cocked his gun, threatening to shoot me if I make a move. A policewoman who sighted us came and dragged the gun from him.

“The policeman, after being disarmed, descended on me and gave me the beating of my life. He pushed me into the cell and another policeman came inside, locked up the cell and beat me for 30 minutes.

“I see this as intimidation of the highest order, not because I am a lawyer, but because I am an average Nigerian. I was humiliated like a common criminal.

“This is oppression. One of my eyes is partially blind. I have been vomiting blood since yesterday. It was the intervention of a good policeman in the station who warned them not to kill me that save me. I would have been dead by now,” he said.

Police spokesperson Dolapo Badmos, a Superintendent (SP), said: “We are aware of the incident and the leadership of the command is looking into the matter.”

It was gathered that Police Commissioner Fatai Owoseni has summoned the Onipanu officers to the command’s headquarters in Ikeja for interrogation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ordeal-police-hand-lawyer-2/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by babdap: 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
National embarrassment. In P Square voice " Oga police oooooo, wetin be dis oooooo, you just dey stress me .........."

5 Likes

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Slickest(m): 8:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Omo, God just bless u wit betta beatin

On a more serious note, ur a lawyer now, u can deal with them!!!
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by sotadegrt(m): 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
Shakingmaheaddisgustingly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by ashjay001(m): 9:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
Won't be surprised if d policemen start trooping his hospital bed with their wives, kids, parents, pastors, alfas, siblings et al to beg!

There will always be consequences, in d short or long run!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Olarajee(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
naija
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by DaBullIT(m): 9:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
As a lawyer first thing he ought to do was press record on his phone even voice recording is enough

1 Like

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by pet4ril(f): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
Gosh what is this These animals wearing uniforms and disguising themselves as police need to be cautioned before things get out of hand
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
weed at work
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by freeze001(f): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
DaBullIT:
As a lawyer first thing he ought to do was press record on his phone even voice recording is enough

Are you serious? Who told you they would allow him access to his phone?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by DaBullIT(m): 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
freeze001:

Are you serious? Who told you they would allow him access to his phone?

He has a right to use his phone

The sooner Nigerians learn that, the better the quality of service we'll get from all sectors

Besides voice recording is just epic
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by steppin: 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
Naija and lawlessness be like beans and plantain.
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by braine(m): 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
Lawyers are good Liars. Dont forget.

2 Likes

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by eleko1: 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thank God,I leave that shit b4 dey turn me to criminal.Thnk U inspector Ajayi of area F command embarassed.Sorry Lawyer sad That goat Alonge shud be lock up

1 Like

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by AntiWailer: 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
case of two thieves.

That Lawyer is not being truthful with his story.

No police man will tell you to pay 1,000 for fake tint permit.

Infact, they don't ask you for money first. They will make sure you start begging before telling you your offence is 50,000 in their office but that you should pay 20,000.

The 150,000 in pigoen hole is another lie pre planned.

My guy don run his mouth and Police deck him. This is just a story to get back at the Police man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by lekjons(m): 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
lol.. the police own don bee ; angry
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Karlovich: 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
When u have a dullard as president, then such things are bound to happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by houseofphreedah: 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Chibaba247(m): 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
An ordinary 50 naira addicted policeman intimidating and beating up a honorable lawyer.. Dis can happen only in Nigeria sha

2 Likes

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Bollinger(m): 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
Islie:

My ordeal in police hand, by lawyer

http://thenationonlineng.net/ordeal-police-hand-lawyer-2/

This is Nigeria. It is normal. In a civilized country it would be abnormal, but this Nigeria.
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by linearity: 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
Slickest:
Omo, God just bless u wit betta beatin

On a more serious note, ur a lawyer now, u can deal with them!!!

O boy, Nobi all lawyers bi lawyers, some na just charge and bail lawyers...from his own narration, he must be a real estate lawyer, but hopefully he have friends on the civil prosecution side of the trade that can go to bat for him.
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by atilla(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
Annhaaaannh this is too bad
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
May God severely punish the useless Nigerian police.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
Even though am on my right, i wud av given him d N1k than subjecting myself to such brutal beatings which cud partially affect my eyesight, am so sure dat N150k wil never get back to him

1 Like

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by mackhunter77: 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
we need forensic science in Nigeria now that Buhari seeks to cover his small boys dat run around misbehaving........ imagine what the lawyer is going thru today

1 Like

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Banks92(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
naija...anything goes. fundamental human right no be for wia naija ekelebe dey
Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
THE POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND
Majority of them are criminals

angry

3 Likes

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
DaBullIT:

He has a right to use his phone

The sooner Nigerians learn that, the better the quality of service we'll get from all sectors

Besides voice recording is just epic

You talk so cos you have not been in such issue! The 1st thing they do I take ur phone when they realise you bring it out to even use. Like seriously.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
braine:
Lawyers are good Liars. Dont forget.

Even when u see his picture above? He couldn't have harmed himself that much just to attract sympathy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onnoghen: ‘CCT Boss, Umar, Has No Pending Criminal Charge’ ~FG / Meet Lagos State Infrastructure Asset Management Agency (LASIAMA). PICS / Christian Arrested Attempting To Board Hajj Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.