Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,622 members, 7,840,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter (22312 Views)

Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire: Smell Of Burnt Human Flesh Filled The Air - Reporter / Top 5 Inexpensive Hotels To Lodge With Your Spouse On Val’s Day / 8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by KevinDein: 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
TruthTella:

God of Isreal.
And they wonder why people look down on them.
like the north cares what the South thinks grin grin
All you can do is rant here on nairaland. The average northerner doesn't give a fuuckk what you wayward Southerners think. cheesy
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

who are you calling a boy boy. what did i say that is wrong you blind yourself to sentiments how many reasonable single ladies have you found in hotels

I give it to u king of ignorance, you still live in 1000BC. So you are saying if ASA as a concert in kano, she should not stay in an hotel but sleep under the bridge because is single, All hail king of dumpness.

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by KevinDein: 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
Integrityfarms:
I think the North deserves their own nation!

What sort of undue intrusion to privacy and fundamental human right abuse Is this? In this modern world
modern world or immoral world.
Yes hopefully we get our nation. Abuja for capital wink
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
djlameco:

I give it to u king of ignorance, you still live in 1000BC. So you are saying if ASA as a concert in kano, she should not stay in an hotel but sleep under the bridge because is single, All hail king of dumpness.

go school you know gree what the Bleep is dumpness grin. Chai English Don suffer tongue
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iukpe: 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

Thats true but most are what will take a reasonable woman to go and stay in a hotel alone

Please can you advise, If a reasonable woman is traveling and for some reason while transiting cannot continue to her destination because of time what should she do?

Someone once told me that in some places in Asia you cannot check-in to a hotel in the same city where you reside. You must have a good reason for that, cos its illegal.

In our country, even the basic rules are not kept.
2 girls will check into a hotel room,
2 guys and a girl.
2 guys and 2 girls
An elderly man and a teenage girl etc

Most times no questions asked.
That is why it's so strange to us. However this rule would be cruel if there is no room for official declaration which can give exemptions to genuine needs.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by KevinDein: 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
djlameco:

Bro live and let live. If you Southerners think it's OK for your ladies to be whores, well good for you. We are having none of it here. Live with that cheesy
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
KevinDein:
like the north cares what the South thinks grin grin
All you can do is rant here on nairaland. The average northerner doesn't give a fuuckk what you wayward Southerners think. cheesy
Very good. God bless u
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by awa(m): 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
KevinDein:

Bro live and let live. If you Southerners think it's OK for your ladies to be whores, well good for you. We are having none of it here. Live with that cheesy

Bros, nobody is talking about whores here. The discussion under review is why a single lady cannot sleep in a hotel if she is on business trip.
I have spent over 20 years in the north and I think their ladies are not 100% better than Southerners when it comes to promiscuity.
Even in Saudi Arabia there is no such express law barring Western ladies on tour from sleeping in a hotel.

Why not get LADYs HOTEL seperate from MEN

2 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Jokerman(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
amokeme:
somethings I read online tho... so let's say I go to a state iv never been to before or know anyone for maybe an interview or a business meeting, please where is suitable for me to stay? Under the bridge Smh.

I can accommodate you in my hut! I ve a wooden bed...
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2016
awa:

So a single lady cannot embark on business trip to Kano and have genuine reasons to sleep in a hotel if she does not have any family in Kano. Stop sounding primitive and grow up. Promiscuity is even more rampant under the veil
What is ur concept of modernisation as opposed to primitivity? And do u compare promiscuity of the north with that of the south?
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by femidejulius(m): 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

Thats true but most are what will take a reasonable woman to go and stay in a hotel alone

Let me educate you. A single woman of 28 who lives in Port Harcourt has a job interview in a big company in Lagos. She knows nobody in Lagos. What will she do? Go to sleep on the road
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
kristisking:
Hypocrisy of the highest order. Does it stop them from molesting kids in the name of marriage. Christians can not emulate slavery and oppression against women, ok?
Last I checked your people have the highest number of rapist you can say that northerners marry young but we don't molest
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
awa:

Bros, nobody is talking about whores here. The discussion under review is why a single lady cannot sleep in a hotel if she is on business trip.
I have spent over 20 years in the north and I think their ladies are not 100% better than Southerners when it comes to promiscuity.
Even in Saudi Arabia there is no such express law barring Western ladies on tour from sleeping in a hotel.

Why not get LADYs HOTEL seperate from MEN
OK get it clear. In Islam, men and women that are not married to themselves are not allowed to mix when it can be avoided. These hotels are being lodged by men and women thereby allowing such and is not as if it is unavoidable. But in the south, a man and a woman not married to themselves may even decide to lodge in the same hotel room in the name of saving cost, that is your choice. Prevention is always better than cure.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by awa(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nusaf:

What is ur concept of modernisation as opposed to primitivity? And do u compare promiscuity of the north with that of the south?

While I am not here to correlate your concept of modernisation and primitivity, Primitive was used by me as being simple-minded(person) and not in chronological sense.
I said simple-minded because your narration was pointing at the demerit of a single lady sleeping in a hotel in a demoralised society.
I just wanted you to come to realities of this age that unlike before, number of single ladies who are into business surpass what we had before now hence; it would be distheartening to deny them accomodation because of laws made years back when it was most practicable to obey.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

Last I checked your people have the highest number of rapist you can say that northerners marry young but we don't molest
And in addition, ladies are treated with respect in the north unlike in the south where they compete with their male counterparts for survival.
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by awa(m): 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nusaf:

OK get it clear. In Islam, men and women that are not married to themselves are not allowed to mix when it can be avoided. These hotels are being lodged by men and women thereby allowing such and is not as if it is unavoidable. But in the south, a man and a woman not married to themselves may even decide to lodge in the same hotel room in the name of saving cost, that is your choice. Prevention is always better than cure.

Nusaf:

Islam is a religion I hold nothing against and whatever laws that suit its Adherents. However, considering the assumed secular nature of Nigeria and more importantly, Kano in its mega-City status; I sincerely believe that a kind of corridor should be provided to accomodate those single ladies who for genuine reasons find themselves in Kano without any family(ies) but have to pass the night there.

Well, it is not completely correct to think that in the North unmarried couple don't pass the night together in a Hotel. If you have been to Damaturu, Maiduguri, Yola, Gombe town and couple of other Cities, you will agree with me that the South is not having exclusive right to such claims you made against them.

2 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 5:23pm On Apr 09, 2016
awa:

Nusaf:

Islam is a religion I hold nothing against and whatever laws that suit its Adherents. However, considering the assumed secular nature of Nigeria and more importantly, Kano in its mega-City status; I sincerely believe that a kind of corridor should be provided to accomodate those single ladies who for genuine reasons find themselves in Kano without any family(ies) but have to pass the night there.

Well, it is not completely correct to think that in the North unmarried couple don't pass the night together in a Hotel. If you have been to Damaturu, Maiduguri, Yola, Gombe town and couple of other Cities, you will agree with me that the South is not having exclusive right to such claims you made against them.
Well, I must admit that I have no choice but to agree with you. Ur points are superior. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Anowax(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

If you check you will see that I said if she present an official letter from her workplace there is no problem and yes single ladies have no business in hotels we don't allow our ladies to goto hotels hausa man will rather she quit the job if it involves a lot travelling and lodging in hotels.
It is just the way things are in the north
Present an official letter ko. What if she doesn't have one? What if she's in the city for another purpose, say, holiday? She will then have to sleep under the bridge or beg any stranger around to accommodate her so that she wouldn't have any business with a hotel or maybe she'll have to go to her village pple to collect official traveling permission... Kai!!! Bros I wouldn't want to believe you are this daft
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by ideykwum: 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
nkemdi89:
It's been like that for ages, even alcohol are not allowed, but why are they bringing it up now to heat up religious bias or what.

I miss you

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by iyb(m): 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
Anowax:
Present an official letter ko. What if she doesn't have one? What if she's in the city for another purpose, say, holiday? She will then have to sleep under the bridge or beg any stranger around to accommodate her so that she wouldn't have any business with a hotel or maybe she'll have to go to her village pple to collect official traveling permission... Kai!!! Bros I wouldn't want to believe you are this daft
if you cared to read through the thread you will see i said it's not all hotels in kano that do that most don't it is the government hotels and a few private ones but most will allow her in without any problem chai learn to read before you call others daft undecided
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Anowax(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

if you cared to read through the thread you will see i said it's not all hotels in kano that do that most don't it is the government hotels and a few private ones but most will allow her in without any problem chai learn to read before you call others daft undecided
Haba! You're still here masturbating all over the thread and expect me to remain here with you. Nah! Sorry I had long gone to compose an 'official' letter for my cousin sis who will be visiting Kano very soon. Am sorry for calling you daft though

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Gboliwe: 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
The grammar on that form though. Queen Eliza will need an interpreter!
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Sicillian: 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
When the news comes from the north, its no longer surprising because they are full of weird and dumb things. It is better to be a prostitute from the south than to be a terrorist from the north... winkWhen the news comes from the north, its no longer surprising because they are full of weird and dumb things. It is better to be a prostitute from the south than to be a terrorist from the north...
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by justkebir(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
Many are without religion that's y day are talking like this..

A good move to avoid fornication and adultery

This are some of the reason. A nation don't succeed..too much sin.

We. All.know what happened to people of lot abi na lut una day call am for sodom and gomorah.

Let's be fair in our judgement
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by glossy6(f): 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
iyb:

.So if I am on official tour I should come & borrow you abi?

Don't be silly, you hear?

1 Like

Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by glossy6(f): 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
nkemdi89:
It's been like that for ages, even alcohol are not allowed, but why are they bringing it up now to heat up religious bias or what.

I don't think that it has been there because I slept in a hotel alone when I went to Kano some years back on official tour
Re: Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter by Nusaf: 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2016
Gboliwe:
The grammar on that form though. Queen Eliza will need an interpreter!
The most important thing is that information has been passed across. This is Nigeria. We are neither Americans nor English.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boeing To Lay Off Staff After $641M First-Quarter Loss / Car Rams Into A Parked Truck At Ojuelegba; Driver Trapped (Photos) / Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.