Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On (2323 Views)

What PDP Must Do To Defeat APC In 2019 – Jimi Agbaje / What PDP Leaders Discussed In Enugu / PDP Crisis: What PDP Governors Discussed With Jonathan - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by divinehand2003(m): 8:40am On Apr 09, 2016
By Ben Agande

When the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, lost the presidential election almost one year ago, even the most optimistic observer of the political climate did not give it any chance that it would survive in one piece to pose a serious threat to the All Progressives Congress, APC, which, against all odds swept the polls to set a record as the first opposition party to defeat an incumbent government in Nigeria.
Alimodu-Sheriff
PDP Chairman, Senator Alimodu-Sheriff

But one year after, there appears to be a resurgence of the PDP in a manner that only reinforces the saying that the only permanent feature in politics is change.

But while the PDP was still contemplating how it would rise from the ashes of defeat that it had been consigned to any level of relevance, the APC under President Muhammadu Buhari provided all the lethal weapons that would avail the PDP an opportunity to nail the party and government in the court of public opinion.

First, after several months of delay in constituting government, when it eventually did, many Nigerians believed that the long delay was not worth the wait because, rightly or wrongly, the names that eventually emerged were mostly recycled politicians some of whom had served in PDP government at one time or the other.

And for a party that came into power with the promise to bring about transparency in the conduct of government business, its first budget outing was a disaster. After the controversy about the swapping of the original budget as submitted by President Buhari with a fake one was about to die down, it was followed by another equally disturbing story of introduction of dubious figures into the budget by civil servants.

President Buhari had to eat the humble pie when he publicly admitted that some of the figures found in the budget were not the ones he submitted to the National Assembly.

As if the elements were conspiring against the APC to give the PDP another breath of fresh air, since the government took over, the price of oil which is the main stay of the Nigerian economy has been on a downward spiral. The value of the national currency, the Naira has been on downward spiral against the world’s major currencies at a point exchanging for as high as 340 and later to 400 to the American Dollar.

The APC government sadly had no answer to the plummeting value of the national currency and while Nigerians were still contending with the embarrassing fall in the value of the currency, the whole nation was thrown into an embarrassing shortage of fuel nationwide. For a country that is the leading producer of crude oil in Africa, nothing can be more embarrassing than this. It is even more so for a government that came into office with a promise to change the order of doing government business.

Rather than providing solutions or a road map to the solutions of the myriads of problems under its government, the APC continues to blame the previous government of president Goodluck Jonathan for them all.

But for an average Nigerian now this is being escapist and a subtle admission that it had no solution to offer. The tremendous support and goodwill they party enjoyed in coming to power has begun to wane faster than even the APC anticipated.

Sensing the disaffection of many Nigerians with the APC government as a result of the difficulties that they are going through, the PDP has quickly moved to take advantage of the sad situation in the country.

While inaugurating the members of its four committees in Abuja Tuesday, the national chairman of the party, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff took advantage of the general disenchantment by reminding the government that it was voted into power to solve problems and not to blame the failure of the previous government.

He said: “Nigerians have the opportunity of comparing the two parties. I read in a publication recently where the APC was blaming the PDP for the unavailability of petrol in the country. They said we are responsible for petrol scarcity after one year in office. They should stop blaming us. They told Nigerians they could do better and that’s why Nigerians voted for them. They should stop blaming us for their woes. I like to advise the leaders of the APC to stop blaming the PDP. We are now the opposition party, we would reposition our party to show that we can do better.”

For many Nigerians who have had to endure the biting difficulties since the APC government came into office, the inconvenience of living under a PDP government that is said to be massively corrupt appears better than the hardship that they have had to endure under the present administration.

It is a message that the PDP is ready to latch on to and to appeal to Nigerians that despite the mistakes of their sixteen years in office, it is worthwhile to give the PDP a second chance in 2019 since “the change the 2015 elections brought did not change the sufferings of the people”. PDP says they will base their 2019 electioneering campaigns on this premise.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/revealed-pdp-will-base-2019-campaign/
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by sdindan: 8:45am On Apr 09, 2016
PDP don't need any campaign.

APC and Bubu are already doing the campaigns for PDP.
Even in China ryt now.

17 Likes

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by divinehand2003(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2016
sdindan:

Even in China ryt now.

Lol

4 Likes

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by fulanimafia: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2016
Rubbish. The PDP can only dream of a comeback because any Nigerian that has forgotten the same suffering they endured under the PDP, not minding the fact that the failed party is the root source of the current challenges, will also forget these temporary inconveniences as soon as all is back to normal, due to the same short memory.

Is it the PDP led by Modu Sheriff, which has become a regional party like APGA that is dreaming of 2019? The same party that is considering Saraki and Fayose as flag bearers? Gimme a break.

Finally, asking Nigerians to stop blaming the PDP for its mess is totally senseless.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by Ehiscotch(m): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2016
Never again! Like u said OP the masses complained about the recycling of old PDP members.
This administration is still young. They still have the time to buckle up before 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by 100Cents: 10:20am On Apr 09, 2016
APC will be in ruins by 2019.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2016
PDP is winning the Office of the Presidency in 2019..
But first in Imo we must send Rochas and his Stooge packing in 2019....

Samuel Anyawu aka Sam Daddy for Governor 2019.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by tuniski: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2016
Apc is campaigning for pdp per second! For everyday they blame pdp and citizens groan under hardship unrivaled they keep pdp resurging.
Chanji is a disaster!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by Trex4(m): 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ehiscotch:
Never again! Like u said OP the masses complained about the recycling of old PDP members.
This administration is still young. They still have the time to buckle up before 2019.
you u lyke suffer o luks lyke dis fuel stuff is nt affecting u
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by kadree(m): 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
Surely, pdp no b d answer if apc no perform come 2019. Nigerians fit try another party.
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nigerians are not FOOLS and will never again become excited about Promises rather Credibility in delivering good governance. This is not Premier League where some people would say "Man Utd for Life!!!"....This is Life and Liveliness undecided No Nigerian should vote out of Sentiment!!

If I must choose between Lies and Corruption...... Then I choose Corruption in this sense........I will forgive a repentant corrupt Politician because I will put measures to check corruption but it's difficult to check a repentant Political LIAR shocked shocked shocked

I will rather forgive PDP than APC because APC took advantage of difficult situations and lied to vulnerable Nigerians. APC understood why they were voted into power but they jettison the consequences of not performing in office just because of pride and vengeance.....May the Most High God FORGIVE THEM!!! angry

They say POVERTY is a mindset and only in poverty will poverty be desired.....God forbid that I repeat a mistake!! angry angry angry Nigerians are not stupid nor foolish......We know who to vote when the time comes. undecided undecided undecided We dared Jonathan and removed him how much more every single office holder in APC.......Not even the office of Headmaster will they occupy .....because Nigerians aren't Stupid nor Foolish!!! angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by Remii(m): 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
sdindan:

Even in China ryt now.
FYI, present govt has 3 more years, if after this hard start they start getting it right, by middle of next year and results start coming. Nigerians are easily forgiven cum forgetting minded, they will align with performing APC.
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by HzRF(m): 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2016
fulanimafia:
Rubbish. The PDP can only dream of a comeback because any Nigerian that has forgotten the same suffering they endured under the PDP, not minding the fact that the failed party is the root source of the current challenges, will also forget these temporary inconveniences as soon as all is back to normal, due to the same short memory.

Is it the PDP led by Modu Sheriff, which has become a regional party like APGA that is dreaming of 2019? The same party that is considering Saraki and Fayose as flag bearers? Gimme a break.

Finally, asking Nigerians to stop blaming the PDP for its mess is totally senseless.

2 Likes

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by urbanmonk: 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
PDP's real strategy is a North-east/south-west ticket. No Jupiter can save APC from the permutation.

Dankwambo/Mimiko 2019 - done deal
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
One of the greatest fallacies fed to Nigerians today is that their political parties actually mean something. This is not America where one can say "8 years under a Democrat/Republican".

APC or PDP or NNPC or FIFA; nobody cares what you call it. It's the particular president, his tribe and his affiliations that matter (and his values of course). As if Obasanjo who made PDP didn't switch to APC later. Each party has no inherent value or meaning. The sooner people get that, the sooner more rational ppl can exist in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by Ovamboland(m): 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
urbanmonk:
PDP's real strategy is a North-east/south-west ticket. No Jupiter can save APC from the permutation.

Dankwambo/Mimiko 2019 - done deal

So no hope for the PDP abobakus to part of the ticket? Is this not use and dump, where's the reward of loyalty to a party? undecided
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
MrsPhyno:
One of the greatest fallacies fed to Nigerians today is that their political parties actually mean something. This is not America where one can say "8 years under a Democrat/Republican".

APC or PDP or NNPC or FIFA; nobody cares what you call it. It's the particular president, his tribe and his affiliations that matter (and his values of course). As if Obasanjo who made PDP didn't switch to APC later. Each party has no inherent value or meaning. The sooner people get that, the sooner more rational ppl can exist in Nigeria.

Error 404! All the rest are on point sha
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by senior123: 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
PDP is dead on arrival in Nigeria. If APC bleeps up, then we go back to military rule or better go back under the queen. Even Colonial Slavery is better than PDP. If they even rig and win no body will agree. Have you seen the candidate? ALI SHERRIFFFF.... Kiaaaaaaaaaa President of Me.
Awolowo is rolling in his grave.
Anyway I thank God Most Nigerians are now intelligent people and hopefully they know better than to return back to another decade of the mafia. Dead On Arrival. Me I wont agree.
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by senior123: 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
MrsPhyno:

What century do u live in? That was PDP mentality because of cuz they stood for nothing but their pockets. That is true for PDP. You see as APC released party agenda, ideologies, their point of view on politics and political systems, PDP can never do that bcoz most of them cannot even define the word "Politics".
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by senior123: 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
TrueSenator:
Nigerians are not FOOLS and will never again become excited about Promises rather Credibility in delivering good governance. This is not Premier League where some people would say "Man Utd for Life!!!"....This is Life and Liveliness undecided No Nigerian should vote out of Sentiment!!

If I must choose between Lies and Corruption...... Then I choose Corruption in this sense........I will forgive a repentant corrupt Politician because I will put measures to check corruption but it's difficult to check a repentant Political LIER shocked shocked shocked

I will rather forgive PDP than APC because APC took advantage of difficult situations and lied to vulnerable Nigerians. APC understood why they were voted into power but they jettison the consequences of not performing in office just because of pride and vengeance.....May the Most High God FORGIVE THEM!!! angry

They say POVERTY is a mindset and only in poverty will poverty be desired.....God forbid that I repeat a mistake!! angry angry angry Nigerians are not stupid nor foolish......We know who to vote when the time comes. undecided undecided undecided We dared Jonathan and removed him how much more every single office holder in APC.......Not even the office of Headmaster will they occupy .....because Nigerians aren't Stupid nor Foolish!!! angry angry angry angry angry

You PDP people are dreaming. You think Nigerians are blind. We should vote for PDP in 2019 right? In other words;

1) Vote Modu Sheriff, Allegerd sponsor of Boko Haram for President of Nigeria

2) Vote in another decade Of Saraki Oppression. As PDP has name him flag bearer

3) Vote for the CBN to continue employing their family members into public offices

4) Vote for the continued importation of toothpicks

5) Vote for the continued degradation of our industrial, mining, education, agric industries

6) Vote for the continued depriavation of our people for the benefit of a few old fools

7) Vote for a system of useless faceless unambitious uneducated disorientated selfish old fools with no sense of devotion to our nation.

cool PDP politicians are so stupid to the extent that they stole money and banked it!!!! Instead of creating wealth at least for themselves and their families they put the money inside bank. SMH.

I rather go back to slavery thanks. At least then I will know exactly what the problem is and strike it out.
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2016
This is not a football match where you can stay in a club forever!!! You quoted me out of context and that's why I'm correcting you so you can grow out of this level of thinking. The issue is not about APC nor PDP....... it's about you and I making the right choice. I will be more careful with a repentant Liar that the one who didn't perform better?

The logic is simple and I advise you and every well meaning Nigerians to focus on credibility and not promises. This is lesson learnt and mistakes should not be repeated.

It's useless fighting about party rather than solving problems and sharing ideas.....

I honestly don't care if you vote APGA or PPA or whatever.....but let it be done with common sense.

Common Sense applies to:

1. Listen and reason with what they say
2. Refuse to be excited about any campaign promise
3. Don't be tribalistic nor sentimental......vote the combination of Person and Party......because a good person can be corrupted by a bad Party....eg Buhari and APC (this is my perception only...keep yours to yourself).
4. Research on their past records, find out more about them at EFCC, social media, etc.
5. Above all.......listen to other opinions and suggestions dispassionately.......Please don't hate the perceptions of other people

Happy Sunday to you and I pray you continue to win in this challenging economy. wink

senior123:

You PDP people are dreaming. You think Nigerians are blind. We should vote for PDP in 2019 right? In other words;

1) Vote Modu Sheriff, Allegerd sponsor of Boko Haram for President of Nigeria

2) Vote in another decade Of Saraki Oppression. As PDP has name him flag bearer

3) Vote for the CBN to continue employing their family members into public offices

4) Vote for the continued importation of toothpicks

5) Vote for the continued degradation of our industrial, mining, education, agric industries

6) Vote for the continued depriavation of our people for the benefit of a few old fools

7) Vote for a system of useless faceless unambitious uneducated disorientated selfish old fools with no sense of devotion to our nation.

cool PDP politicians are so stupid to the extent that they stole money and banked it!!!! Instead of creating wealth at least for themselves and their families they put the money inside bank. SMH.

I rather go back to slavery thanks. At least then I will know exactly what the problem is and strike it out.
Re: REVEALED: What PDP Will Base Their 2019 Campaign On by senior123: 9:12am On Apr 10, 2016
TrueSenator:
This is not a football match where you can stay in a club forever!!! You quoted me out of context and that's why I'm correcting you so you can grow out of this level of thinking. The issue is not about APC nor PDP....... it's about you and I making the right choice. I will be more careful with a repentant Liar that the one who didn't perform better?

The logic is simple and I advise you and every well meaning Nigerians to focus on credibility and not promises. This is lesson learnt and mistakes should not be repeated.

It's useless fighting about party rather than solving problems and sharing ideas.....

I honestly don't care if you vote APGA or PPA or whatever.....but let it be done with common sense.

Common Sense applies to:

1. Listen and reason with what they say
2. Refuse to be excited about any campaign promise
3. Don't be tribalistic nor sentimental......vote the combination of Person and Party......because a good person can be corrupted by a bad Party....eg Buhari and APC (this is my perception only...keep yours to yourself).
4. Research on their past records, find out more about them at EFCC, social media, etc.
5. Above all.......listen to other opinions and suggestions dispassionately.......Please don't hate the perceptions of other people

Happy Sunday to you and I pray you continue to win in this challenging economy. wink

Oh yes we know this. APC, PDP, APGA whatever, same pot bellied old fools. I want all of them out and gone

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3 Photos That Shows Buhari And APC Are Becoming Unpopular / Dangote Will Solve Power Generation Problem In Nigeria Permanently / Buhari Finally Spits Fire On National Assembly Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.