Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,351 members, 7,850,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:38 PM

Do We Need NCC Certificate To Import Smart Watches? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do We Need NCC Certificate To Import Smart Watches? (588 Views)

NCC Raids Bank, Others Over 9mobile’s Service Disruptions / Please How Can I Get An NCC Certificate. / FG Raises Import Duties On Luxury Goods, Food Items That Have Local Alternatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Need NCC Certificate To Import Smart Watches? by ogene70: 12:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
Good day my Good people of Nairaland.

Please I have come to lay a complain against the men of state security service (sss).
I ordered for some smart wrist watches via DHL but was surprised when I got a mail from DHL telling me that sss detained my watches because the watches have gps tracking function and as such I should provide a certificate granted by Nigeria communication commission(NCC) before my watches are released.
And I have been wondering what sort of new scam is this because the watches have no sim card slots .
And I also keep asking if we need NCC certificate to import Mobile phones because most mobile phones have Gps tracking functions.
Unfortunately I'm out of Lagos for an official duty and can't go to confront these men.

Please has anyone been through this before and how did you handle it?

Thank you all for your anticipated responses.
Re: Do We Need NCC Certificate To Import Smart Watches? by Millionjeff: 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
DHL boys at work.report this matter to higher authority in DHL and DSS office at ikoyi.

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Places To Bank Your Money In The World / Is It Really Hard To Live Well If You Don't Work For Yourself? / My Friend's Paga Dilema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.