Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

How Can I Make A Website Interactive? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Make A Website Interactive? (2233 Views)

Web App Have Evolved To A Point Where They Provide Levels Of Interactive / How Can I Make My App To Be Paid Version Without Playstore / How Do I Make Php Time() Static (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 09, 2016
hello guys.please i need a guide on how to make a website interactive,like creating a feature where users can add topics to any section and also coment and quote. more like a forum bt without installing smf or php bb.or any forum script..what scripting language would b best suited to achieve this? php or java script...am realy new to webdevelopment and havent gone far xo pardon any noobness...thanks
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by tuzle(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
javascript

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Jumbledwords: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
You'll definitely be needing database interaction so php is necessary.

You could learn NodeJS and do everything with javascript but php might be easier to go along with because it's been around longer than NodeJS and probably has a much stronger community that may come in handy for assistance at some point.

Since you're a beginner, I'm not sure how conversant you'll be with security issues so I'll suggest you use a framework to reduce your chances of getting hacked.

Some frameworks you can look at are yii, laravel, cakephp and elgg(this was created specifically for social networking), etc

For database, mysql would do just fine.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
Jumbledwords:
You'll definitely be needing database interaction so php is necessary.

You could learn NodeJS and do everything with javascript but php might be easier to go along with because it's been around longer than NodeJS and probably has a much stronger community that may come in handy for assistance at some point.

Since you're a beginner, I'm not sure how conversant you'll be with security issues so I'll suggest you use a framework to reduce your chances of getting hacked.

Some frameworks you can look at are yii, laravel, cakephp and elgg(this was created specifically for social networking), etc

For database, mysql would do just fine.
thanks sir. sounds like a lot of work am currently learning php bt still at the begining phase..ill add all your suggestions to my list..thanks again..n do i need to learn a different language for d framework stuff or jus install smtn??
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
tuzle:
javascript
only?
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by tuzle(m): 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
Akoja360:
only?
no but for a start u can use javascript together with html and mysql. u can also use php
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Jumbledwords: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Akoja360:
thanks sir. sounds like a lot of work am currently learning php bt still at the begining phase..ill add all your suggestions to my list..thanks again..n do i need to learn a different language for d framework stuff or jus install smtn??

You're welcome. The frameworks are written in php but you'll still need to understand their underlying architecture and learn how they work.
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
tuzle:
no but for a start u can use javascript together with html and mysql. u can also use php
tanks men..ill look into that..
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
Jumbledwords:

You're welcome. The frameworks are written in php but you'll still need to understand their underlying architecture and learn how they work.
alright sir i guess ill just dive deeper into php for now to get a more solid ground before inplementing all that..uv bn realy helpful thanks
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by iyb(m): 2:44am On Apr 10, 2016
Php is the man for the job you can't go wrong with php easy to learn,cheap hosting, lots of libraries and it is server side so all the interactivity you need is included though if you want to make the site visually interactive on the client side javascript or jquery must be used.
Php for the server side
Mysql for storage
Javascript for client side and boom you have an interactive site or you could go the easier path learn WordPress and click click you go interactive site ready in a matter of minutes
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Jumbledwords: 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
Akoja360:
alright sir i guess ill just dive deeper into php for now to get a more solid ground before inplementing all that..uv bn realy helpful thanks

That sounds like a good plan.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by sinkernet: 8:22am On Apr 11, 2016
You can do it with JavaScript alone. You can use a service like Firebase as the database. I built yhomer.com with JavaScript alone.
And am currently building a huge web app with forum & chat capabilities with Firebase and JavaScript libraries.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 21, 2016
sinkernet:
You can do it with JavaScript alone. You can use a service like Firebase as the database. I built yhomer.com with JavaScript alone.
And am currently building a huge web app with forum & chat capabilities with Firebase and JavaScript libraries.
thanks i will look into that too.
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by tr3y(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2016
JavaScript uhn?

Pardon me if I'm wrong JavaScript I know which is for frontend can't do what the OP wants unless you guys are talking about node.js.

How will the newly created persist after the page reload and how will other user see the new topics?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 20, 2016
tr3y:
JavaScript uhn?

Pardon me if I'm wrong JavaScript I know which is for frontend can't do what the OP wants unless you guys are talking about node.js.

How will the newly created persist after the page reload and how will other user see the new topics?
so what do you advice sir.? gettin real confused
Re: How Can I Make A Website Interactive? by tr3y(m): 5:38am On May 24, 2016
Akoja360:
so what do you advice sir.? gettin real confused

You need PHP or node.js

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With This Code / Developing Accounting Application Using MS Excel And Access / I Need Online Banking Source Code In PHP, MSQL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.