Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. (1886 Views)

. / 45K Dell E6500 Dual-core , 500gb Harddisk , 2gb Ram, Working Perfectly Okay / My DELL E6500 Keeps Blinking blue Light While I Plug It- Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Galaxypoduction: 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
I just bought this Dell latitude E6500 from a seller in computer village, though, he advertised it here on nairaland.
I sent money to my sister whom I know she is not the tech type to help me pay and access the system quality.
Unknown to me that the system is that so fucking big plus bad design, my sister payed and accessed it even, with the help of is co-worker, a lady. Though I don't know her capability.
After everthing has been settled, my sister forward it to me after 3 day of purchase here in Osun State.
On powering the laptop, I noticed all this.
1.So so slow, depsite having a 2gb ram and 160gb harddisk on intel core 2 duo proccessor.
2. It overheats too much, the rate at which it's hot, it can boil a water.
3. Gradually, I inserted nokia ovi suite as the first software to be installed, the dvd drive/ the system was so so slow to read the disc and install it, though it installed later.
4. I now insert Avast Internet Security Software, after installed, I run the software. Come see as how the antivirus they detect virus, blocking them. E.t.c.
Since then, the laptop starts malfunctioning till now.
My problem with the laptop now is that it HOTS, SLOW, and MALFUNCTIONS despite having 2gb ram installed on core 2 duo processor.
What can I do?
Help me because the seller no gree accept my complain.
Thanks.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by shawlxAk(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
Start by reformatting the system.

Galaxypoduction:
I just bought this Dell latitude E6500 from a seller in computer village, though, he advertised it here on nairaland.
I sent money to my sister whom I know she is not the tech type to help me pay and access the system quality.
Unknown to me that the system is that so fucking big plus bad design, my sister payed and accessed it even, with the help of is co-worker, a lady. Though I don't know her capability.
After everthing has been settled, my sister forward it to me after 3 day of purchase here in Osun State.
1.So so slow, depsite having a 2gb ram and 160gb harddisk on intel core 2 duo proccessor.
3. Gradually, I inserted nokia ovi suite as the first software to be installed, the dvd drive/ the system was so so slow to read the disc and install it, though it installed later.
4. I now insert Avast Internet Security Software, after installed, I run the software. Come see as how the antivirus they detect virus, blocking them. E.t.c.
My problem with the laptop now is that it HOTS, SLOW, and MALFUNCTIONS despite having 2gb ram installed on core 2 duo processor.
What can I do?
Thanks.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Galaxypoduction: 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Thanks.
Which Os do you recomend on that laptop?
Should I reinstal the Window 7 ultimate that is malfunctioning, or what? Thanks.
bedfordng , shawlxak, sameolg616 come and rescue me
shawlxAk:

Start by reformatting the system.

what about the hotness?
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by shawlxAk(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
You may choose to reinstall Windows 7 or go for a newer version. It's your choice, ultimately. I would recommend Windows 8.1.

After reformatting, see if it runs hot still.

Galaxypoduction:
Thanks.
Which Os do you recomend on that laptop?
Should I reinstal the Window 7 ultimate that is malfunctioning, or what? Thanks.
bedfordng , shawlxak, sameolg616 come and rescue me
what about the hotness?
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Chimapeters(m): 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
@Galaxyproduction; let's do some work around here to get your PC back on. There a lot of stuffs to check but basically,

1. Just as shawlxAk has suggested let's do a clean formatting, by making sure you delete all partitions but I will recommend you do this with a win7 ultimate definitely 64bits. I dont know how long youve had ur win7, but i would recommend a clean new formatting disc possibly the former could be corrupt or weak. Else get a new harddrive that shud ease the pain if the problem persists.

2. Malfunctioning, you will have to be specific
on the challenges you experience.

3. Hottness, it is obtainable your Dell E65000 came with an AMD motherboard, if it is my friend you just have to live with it because such boards are not built for out hot weather, it is built for those who live in the cold Nations. I always recommend an Intel motherboard to my clients.

If not, you should also observe if the fan is working, if not, change the fan, besides the fan could also be working but still comes hot, then I advise a proper clean of your internal parts off dust.

Finally, I dont think I know it all so therefore, suggestions are welcomed.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Galaxypoduction: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Chimapeters:
@Galaxyproduction; let's do some work around here to get your PC back on. There a lot of stuffs to check but basically,

1. Just as shawlxAk has suggested let's do a clean formatting, by making sure you delete all partitions but I will recommend you do this with a win7 ultimate definitely 64bits. I dont know how long youve had ur win7, but i would recommend a clean new formatting disc possibly the former could be corrupt or weak. Else get a new harddrive that shud ease the pain if the problem persists.

3. Hottness, it is obtainable your Dell E65000 came with an AMD motherboard, if it is my friend you just have to live with it because such boards are not built for out hot weather, it is built for those who live in the cold Nations. I always recommend an Intel motherboard to my clients.

If not, you should also observe if the fan is working, if not, change the fan, besides the fan could also be working but still comes hot, then I advise a proper clean of your internal parts off dust.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Galaxypoduction: 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
Chimapeters:

Thank You.
I observe placing an object beneath the laptop makes heat flows , thurs reducing hotness.
I will get new win 7 ultimate.
Thanks.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Galaxypoduction: 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
Chimapeters:

Thanks.
I'm back again.
I continued using the system to know how it goes.
I noticed it's becoming more faster and less hot though, I had to pad the laptop base to make heat moves freely. Later when trying to install app like Nokia ovi suite, photoshop cs4, "windows explorer has stop working" popped up.
What could be the cause?
*Now some applications are not opening/working again. E.g calculator.
*The avast on it is always dectecting virus, I had to even run a full scan, it dectected many virus delete some, BUT SOME REFUSES TO BE DELETED.
Fast forward to today, I bought a windows 8.1 x64bit installation disc as suggested here by you guys.
I changed the bios to boot from cd, restart the pc.
PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD, I pressed it, then the windows 8.1 logo appeared then the pc freezes there till eternity.
What can I do?
Thanks.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
Galaxypoduction:
What can I do?
Thanks.
I would suggest you convert it to hotplate.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Emeka71(m): 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
Galaxypoduction:
What can I do?
Thanks.
I experience similar circumstances on My DELL D630 LATITUDE laptop I purchase at Ile-Ife in June 2014.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Chimapeters(m): 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
Galaxypoduction:

Thanks.
I'm back again.
I continued using the system to know how it goes.
I noticed it's becoming more faster and less hot though, I had to pad the laptop base to make heat moves freely. Later when trying to install app like Nokia ovi suite, photoshop cs4, "windows explorer has stop working" popped up.
What could be the cause?
*Now some applications are not opening/working again. E.g calculator.
*The avast on it is always dectecting virus, I had to even run a full scan, it dectected many virus delete some, BUT SOME REFUSES TO BE DELETED.
Fast forward to today, I bought a windows 8.1 x64bit installation disc as suggested here by you guys.
I changed the bios to boot from cd, restart the pc.
PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD, I pressed it, then the windows 8.1 logo appeared then the pc freezes there till eternity.
What can I do?
Thanks.

Hmm I really like your option as regard padding the base, just as long as it works fine no problem.

As regards, Windows explorer stopped working, that is as a result of viruses in hard disk hence it crashes when you try to open it, it could also be a result of your weak disk. Usually this problems is solved by formatting, total PC scan as for antivirus I would recommend Avira, don't worry I can give you the license key. Avast is just a whistle blower with a very sexy UI...Mehn I hate that lazy program.

As for freezing during formatting, you will need a smart, sharp external CD ROM.

WARNING AT YOUR OWN RISK

Take out your hard drive and insert into a different PC with a sharp, smart CD ROM I am certain you will have a clean process.

MY BEST RECOMMENDATION

Bro, get a new hard drive this will ease this hassles. And you will be glad you did.

I hope this helps.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Galaxypoduction: 12:16am On Apr 13, 2016
Thank you guys so much.
I later had to wait till that eternity I previously mentioned and viola! The pc is now running windows 8.1.
No more hotness.
Na modem remain but no money.
Chimapeters:

Hmm I really like your option as regard padding the base, just as long as it works fine no problem.

As regards, Windows explorer stopped working, that is as a result of viruses in hard disk hence it crashes when you try to open it, it could also be a result of your weak disk. Usually this problems is solved by formatting, total PC scan as for antivirus I would recommend Avira, don't worry I can give you the license key. Avast is just a whistle blower with a very sexy UI...Mehn I hate that lazy program.

As for freezing during formatting, you will need a smart, sharp external CD ROM.

WARNING AT YOUR OWN RISK

Take out your hard drive and insert into a different PC with a sharp, smart CD ROM I am certain you will have a clean process.

MY BEST RECOMMENDATION

Bro, get a new hard drive this will ease this hassles. And you will be glad you did.

I hope this helps.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Galaxypoduction: 12:18am On Apr 13, 2016
Pls, what about the avira key?
Thanks.
Chimapeters:

WARNING AT YOUR OWN RISK

MY BEST RECOMMENDATION

I hope this helps.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Chimapeters(m): 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
Galaxypoduction:
Pls, what about the avira key? Thanks.
Leave ur email add
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by udemzyudex(m): 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
Don't use 64bit, format it and install 32bit window 7 ultimate.

If it take time to load then knw the hdd is bad, then the process will be very slow.

Concerning the too much heat, even though it's an AMD board, I'll advice u clean the heat sink, remove the fan and dust it very well, apply paste.
Re: Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. by Galaxypoduction: 6:06pm On May 25, 2016
Brandson@naij.com
Chimapeters:

Leave ur email add

(1) (Reply)

Usa Used Dell Mini 2120 + Extended Battery / Disguise Caller,sms cheat,calling cheat Software On Phone Read Details / How To Use Trial Softwares Forever Without Expiration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.