Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,688 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence (1266 Views)

Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku / Buhari’s Health; Friday Declared As Public Holiday, It's Like Fayose Was Right / Breaking!!:fayose Was Right,Aisha Never Left Nigeria(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by Barselonia(m): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
A classified US document obtained by SaharaReporters has revealed that the American government in February 2009 banned Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State from getting a visa to enter the US. It is unclear whether the ban remains in force.
Mr. Fayose’s wife, Feyisetan Helen Olayemi Fayose, whose
date of birth was given as January 8, 1964, was also
targeted for the visa ban. The document showed that the US
Embassy recommended the cancellation of her existing
visa, which was supposed to be valid until February 2010.
Other members of the governor’s family recommended for
the 2009 visa ban included his first son, Oluwajomiloju
John Fayose, born on February 18, 1992. His B2 visa was
recommended for cancellation even though it was
supposed to be valid until July 27, 2010. Also covered by
the 2009 visa prohibition recommendation were Mr.
Fayose’s two others sons, Ayorogbayimika Mine Fayose,
born August 1, 1995, and Chukwuemeka Boluwatife Fayose,
born November 5, 1997. Both were to have their existing
visas rescinded, even though the visas were supposed to
be current till July 27, 2010.
An interagency committee at the US Mission in Nigeria
decided to target Mr. Fayose for visa ineligibility by asking
President Barack Obama to invoke Presidential
Proclamation 7750 (PP7750), after Mr. Fayose's
impeachment in 2006.
The classified document indicated that Mr. Fayose had
stolen as much as $81 million from the coffers of Ekiti State
during his inaugural tenure as governor.
Apart from the main allegation of corrupt enrichment, in
which Mr. Fayose was accused of using several companies
to steal from Ekiti State, he was also portrayed as having
“provided stipends to people to attend his rallies and paid
journalists to write favorable stories.”
In excluding Mr. Fayose from entry into the US, the US
Embassy also remarked that the governor was involved in
the “triggering of events,” citing him for using political
violence to corrupt elections.
The classified document provided a list of persons
murdered by associates of Mr. Fayose. The murder victims
include Tunde Omojola and Ayo Daramola, both of them
murdered by well-known aides or associates of Mr.
Fayose. Mr. Fayose was also suspected of involvement in
the attempted assassinations of Taiwo Fasuba, then
chairman of Ado-Ekiti local government area, and Afe
Babalola, a prominent lawyer who hails from Ekiti State.
In a text message to SaharaReporters, Mr. Fayose
suggested that the visa restrictions had been lifted or that
his immediate family members were never barred from
entering the US after all. “My family (wife and son) was in
the US last summer,” the governor stated in the text. His
text further stated, “I have only been to the US only twice in
my life. During my trial by EFCC between 2007 and 2014, in
2009 the court [asked] that my passport be deposited with
the court. I approached the American Embassy for renewal
[and they] said I can come back after the trial. I have since
won my case at the Ado Ekiti Federal High Court in 2014,
which discharged and acquitted me. I have not approached
the US Embassy since then.”
Mr. Fayose added he was not aware of any continuing visa
ban targeting him even though he admitted to our reporter
that when he approached the US Consulate in February
2009, he was told to go and conclude his corruption trial.
He stated that he had not applied to the US Consulate for
travel ever since he controversially became governor again
in a highly tainted election in 2014.
SaharaReporters learned that Mr. Fayose went into hiding
for several months after he was impeached as governor of
Ekiti State. He then approached the US Consulate on
February 13, 2009, seeking a visa to visit the US for an
“urgent medical issue,” but his application was denied.
http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/09/governor-fayose-was-banned-entering-us-over-corruption-political-violence

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by TippyTop(m): 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hahaha
Seems Saharareporters can't find anything incriminating to charge Fayose with.
Tinubu can still enter America even after being indicted on drug related charges but Fayose can't, abeg swerve ja re.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by tafabaloo(m): 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
Shooo!
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by tolexy007(m): 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
Sick plpp everywhere
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by sirthisthickkal: 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
in the next one year, i foresee fayose going down...

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by Flexherbal(m): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
Maybe he has repented.
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by fistonati(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
Sahara reporters, the official APC website

Lies, Sahara reporters got the info but forgot to ask if the so-called ban still holds.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by fistonati(m): 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2016
As APC has gone down in the last one year of governance. If Fayose is listed in the stock market today, he will be far ahead of APC because his market value is high. His govt is better than borrow borrow APC govt.

Your username said it all.

sirthisthickkal:
in the next one year, i foresee fayose going down...

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by fistonati(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
APC lies are beyond imagination

The classified document indicated that Mr. Fayose had
stolen as much as $81 million from the coffers of Ekiti State.

How much is Ekiti state put together??

Seems Saharareporters can't find anything incriminating to charge Fayose with.
Tinubu can still enter America even after being indicted on drug related charges but Fayose can't, abeg swerve ja re. [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by Caseless: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
That cow should be banned from entering anywhere there is 'civility' in the world.
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by Beremx(f): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
hmmmm! not a fan of Fayose.
I am waiting for his response to this.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by Caseless: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
chukwuemeka boluwatife fayose!
No wonder his fans or those that celebrate his madness are mostly the lost isrealites.
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by yomalex(m): 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hmm
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by mars123(m): 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
Fayose is an attention seeking mad man - GEJ (2013)
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by Rolings: 6:20am On Apr 10, 2016
fistonati:
As APC has gone down in the last one year of governance. If Fayose is listed in the stock market today, he will be far ahead of APC because his market value is high. His govt is better than borrow borrow APC govt.

And he owes workers salary? Better government indeed .
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by iyb(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
fistonati:

you are deluding yourself
Re: Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Ogijo Roads Linking From Ikorodu To Shagamu Pic / Alhaji Atiku Abubakar,Turakin Adamawa-The bridge builder / Abacha Gave Me $2million, Not 5million: Jerry Rawlings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.