Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Obatala Igbo Originating In Igboland - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obatala Igbo Originating In Igboland (1059 Views)

Centuries Between Obatala And Oduduwa / Ooni Of Ife Spotted At The Spiritual Obatala Temple In Osun State. Photos / Obatala Festival 2017 - Trinidad And Tobago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obatala Igbo Originating In Igboland by Esugbami: 12:08am On Apr 10, 2016
Good afternoon dear friends.

I 'm new to the group. I have little doubt that wanted to clarify in the forum.

Many point out that Obatala has an Igbo origin .

This being the King of the Igbo ethnic group at the time Oduduwa reaches Yorubaland

1 Like

Re: Obatala Igbo Originating In Igboland by ChinenyeN(m): 1:29am On Apr 10, 2016
Those who point that out must be poor students of history. There is no anthropological evidence for this (i.e. no historic or oral traditions to corroborate it). Long story short, there's no need to pay attention to those people on this matter.

4 Likes

Re: Obatala Igbo Originating In Igboland by bigfrancis21: 5:19am On Apr 10, 2016
It is quite interesting to think that Obatala means 'he/she has entered' in Igbo language.

2 Likes

Re: Obatala Igbo Originating In Igboland by macof(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2016
bigfrancis21:
It is quite interesting to think that Obatala means 'he/she has entered' in Igbo language.

so are you saying obatala has igbo origin? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Alaafin Sango V.s Marcus Garvey: What's In A Name? / Yoruba Girls Can't Speak English. / PICTURES: The Moment Oba Of Benin Shows Off His Football Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.