Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,184 members, 7,867,431 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) (1096 Views)

Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State / Ooni Of Ife Different From World Leaders And Kings I've Met - Arab Billionaire / You Are Wearing Fake Crowns- Olubadan Tells 21 Newly Crowned Kings Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) by duro4chang(m): 6:18am On Oct 20, 2022
HISTORY OF AIYEPE IJEBU: THE UNIQUE TOWN WITH SIX TRADITIONAL RULERS

Aiyepe Ijebu, is a town where 6 equally ranked traditional rulers reign supreme. Yet, there is no problem and there is no clash of interests. Aiyepe is located between Odogbolu and Ikenne, in Odogbolu Local Government Area of Ogun state and has an estimated population of 25,000 people.
Not many people know that Aiyepe is governed by 6 traditional rulers. All the rulers are rated 2nd class, except one who is yet to be promoted to that grade. And all are recognised by the Ogun State Government. The 5 second class Obas are also members of the Ijebu Traditional Rulers Council under the chairmanship of the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba S.K. Adetona.
To ensure that rancour does not tear apart the Aiyepe Traditional Rulers Councils to which all the 6 Obas belong, the Chairmanship is not permanent and it is rotational. The council’s meeting, held periodically, is chaired in rotation by the 6 Obas.
The Obas are as follows:
1 The Alakan
2 The Alayeaba
3 The Obiri
4 The Akalafo
5 The Olubusanwa.
6 The Olowu

The Alakan is an Accountant. He is an FCA. He is a retired CBN Assistant Director. The Alayeaba is an IT expert.
The Obiri of Aiyepe, was formerly a banker with UBA. He retired as DG, Nigerians - British Chamber of Commerce.
There are also the Akalako and the Olowu. The 2 stools are yet to be filled .
The name Aiyepe was derived from an Ijebu dialect Saju Aiye ne pe which literally means “The world is completely gathered here”
The amalgam of 6 Obas in just one town dates back to many centuries when Aiyepe was founded. The 6 prominent communities form Aiyepe Ijebu. The 6 villagers came together to be able to confront the incessant attack by the invading Remo warriors during inter tribal wars. Specifically in 1800, 6 homesteads –Aba, Idobiri, Idolowu, Ilakan, Afo and Idobusanwa held a meeting and agreed to live together in the same vicinity. Before then, they lived at a distance of about 10 to 15 kilometers apart.
Idolowu and Idobusanwa homesteads were near Ikenne Remo . The, Ilakan was very close to Shagamu while Aba settled close to Odogbolu. Ako and Idobiri homesteads were also not far from Shagamu.
Basically, their decision to live together was informed by the internecine wars and the regular disappearance of their folks particularly women and children at the time. Around this period, there were incessant civil wars in Yorubaland and many homesteads were raided where people were killed or capture. To stop their incursions into their territories and the 6 Obas met over how to ward off the enemies and find a lasting solution to the incessant attacks.
The outcome was a resolve to amalgamate, so to speak, with a view to providing a formidable rampart.
As was the tradition, the communities consulted the Ifa oracle for guidance on a new settlement for the union. The oracle picked Irapasogbesan which belonged to Odolowu. According to Obiri of Aiyepe, Oba Oreniyi, prior to the oracular consultation, there was a solid agreement among the communities that any where chosen would be regarded as belonging to all. They then moved to the selected land, apportioning space according to the direction of their original homesteads. Since the union of the 6 homesteads, there has never been any dispute among them. They are all peace-loving people and regard ourselves as one.
When the people founded Aiyepe, they walled the town and declared it a property of all. Nobody could lay claim to the land.
The 6 Obas in the town regard themselves as equals and so meetings are held and presided over by rotation. Although the palace of Ilakan is the secretariat of the town’s rulers council, a meeting is held in the palace of the convener. Oba Also the 6 quarters, do things in common. They have one big central mosque for the Juma’at service on a vast expanse of land and a mighty Anglican Cathedral Church for the people of Aiyepe.
The 6 Obas dine together and have more than 5 dresses they bought together.

2 Likes

Re: Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) by MuslimIgbo: 6:24am On Oct 20, 2022
What's their usefulness?
What values do they add to the society?

NONSENSE and INGREDIENT
Re: Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) by duro4chang(m): 6:49am On Oct 20, 2022
MuslimIgbo:
What's their usefulness?
What values do they add to the society?

NONSENSE and INGREDIENT
Your government at all levels you have been voting and fighting for what values have they added to your life? It is too early even reply to a person like you.
Re: Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) by MuslimIgbo: 6:56am On Oct 20, 2022
duro4chang:
Your government at all levels you have been voting and fighting for what values have they added to your life? It is too early even reply to a person like you.
If sense is not paining you, you won't ask this very SENSELESS question.
Re: Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) by duro4chang(m): 7:38am On Oct 20, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

If sense is not paining you, you won't ask this very SENSELESS question.
You must be out of your mind! You have started to misbehave as early as 6:00am I wonder how you will spend the whole of today. Take time.
Re: Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) by MuslimIgbo: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2022
duro4chang:
You must be out of your mind! You have started to misbehave as early as 6:00am I wonder how you will spend the whole of today. Take time.
You wake up early in the morning and started asking foolish foolish question... Na wa for you o
Re: Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) by duro4chang(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

You wake up early in the morning and started asking foolish foolish question... Na wa for you o
You started on a very bad note today. As early as six what you can think of is to write a negative comment.
Re: Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) by UnabashedIPOB: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

There goes me, FOOLISH MuslimPIG, an evil and devilish man doing what I know best. It is because of my devilish and wicked ways that GOD said, “I will blot out man, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—every man and beast and crawling creature and bird of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them.” ME AND MY ENTIRE GENERATION ARE CONDEMNED to ETERNAL DAMNATION!
Yes, you're a condemned BASTARD, and may GOD never have mercy on your soul!!
Re: Aiyepe Ijebu(A Town With Six Kings) by UNDFTD: 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Ex-President, Olusegun Obasanjo on BBC’s HardTalk reveals while TERRORIST MUSLIMS, are angry with Nigeria's leaders especially on other indigenous ethnic groups.

“My friends who are not MUSLIMS often ask me why there is so much anger amongst Muslims. Some wonder why, despite the famed their Islamic faith and all their wicked and terrorist acts all over Nigeria, the people still complain that Nigeria is unfair to them. Some insinuate that the anger comes from the garbage and brainwashing coming from their rag wearing and pedophile Othman Dan Fodio
And why is it that the current generation of Muslims are so angry as to contemplate carrying arms against the country? With lots following their terrorist brethren in the likes of Fulani herdsmen and Bokoharam .

Those not following Sheik Gumi may despise his antics and rhetoric but are sympathetic to his underlying message. And what is that message? That Muslim want to conquer and Islamize Nigeria.

The funny fact about the whole thing is that those WHORÈS, SLÚTS and HOOKUP girls you're seeing is that, they are not ghosts or strangers.
They are my:
MAMA SISTERS
COUSINS
GIRLFRIENDS
FIANCÉES
MY DAUGHTERS...

My usual prayers for them is that, IF THEY DON'T DIE BY STD DISEASES AND INFECTIONS, THEY SHOULD USE THEM TO DO RITUALS LAST LAST.

I completely concur because I am an EVIL and FOOLISH MAN. Amadioha will definitely STRIKE me, M0R0NIC MuslimPIG, MY OLOSHO MAMA AND DRUNKARD OLD FOOL FATHER, and my entire generation dead as you've wished!!

I AM still showing MY stupidity! I will NEVER get some sense and STOP committing INCEST! NOT until I STOP having sex with my mama, sisters, and my daughters, MY life would be as USELESS and HOPELESS as it's now. I forgot I AM already condemned to HELLFIRE.
I AM CONDEMNED FOR LIFE!

I AM A JOBLESS FOOL FOREVER
I am a Bastard!

You definitely are a bastard!

(1) (Reply)

What's Nigerian's View Of Unibrow? / The Most Populous Black Nation In The World - BBC / Igbos In Slavery.the Igbo Landing In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.