Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport (4538 Views)

Nigerian Passport Ranked Among Countries With Least Powerful Passports / See The Official Cost Of A Nigerian Passport / Nigerian Passport Renewal Wait Time In The U.K Is A Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 8:48am On Apr 10, 2016
Good morning Nairalanders,
I need your advise, my Nigerian passport will be due for renewal next year (precisely March 2017) and the visas on the passport will expire this year (likely Dec).
I plan to renew the passport in January or February next year. Upon renewal and collection of the new passport, will my expired Nigerian passport be retrieved?
I still need that passport because it has history of all visas i had for 5 years.
Await your candid advise...
Thanks
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2016
No they won't.
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by iyb(m): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
they will just stamp it indicating it has been cancelled and return it to you some embassy will ask you to bring even your old passports cry
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
Thanks All for your contributions.
I recall during renewal of the old passport i had, one of the immigration personnel wanted to take the expired one, but i had a valid visa at that time so he couldnt. He kept on insisting that it was their property and was supposed to be returned.
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by evanstical: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
Can one staple the new one to the expired passport when travelling to boost ones travel history or would immigration personel collect it?
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by itstpia8: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
I dont think they collect it although I'm not sure.

The date usually shows its expired.
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by generalissimo(m): 8:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
I wanna travel too o. My head just dey swell as una dey mention visa, passport, immigration etc.

In Adekunle Gold's voice......Baba God o, emi na fe wo plane o. hardeymijuh o lori meji. Pick up my call o!
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
generalissimo:
I wanna travel too o. My head just dey swell as una dey mention visa, passport, immigration etc.
In Adekunle Gold's voice......Baba God o, emi na fe wo plane o. hardeymijuh o lori meji. Pick up my call o!

The general is simo,
That one no hard na .......na Dante and Otedola own we suppose dey pray olorun oba oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 6:23am On Apr 11, 2016
evanstical:
Can one staple the new one to the expired passport when travelling to boost ones travel history or would immigration personel collect it?

@evanstical, just use a rubber band to bind both passports together

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 6:23am On Apr 11, 2016
itstpia8:
I dont think they collect it although I'm not sure.
The date usually shows its expired.

Thanks

More suggestions plssssss
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 11, 2016
hardeymijuh:

Thanks

More suggestions plssssss

Why more suggestions?

You have the answers here already
If your passport expires its expired. Immigration has no need of it. Its cancelled without prejudice.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by sholextron(m): 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
Pls I beg u, DO NOT drop your old passport with the immigration officer on renewal. I made the same mistake and it cost me the refusal of my wife's U.S visa.
I renewed my passport in PH and they collected both me and my wife's old passports.
I just left the U.S interview dis morning and my wife was denied U.S visa just because we could not prove that she has travelled out before. The consular officer could not believe that we dropped our old passport with the immigration office. He kept insisting that every other person has got their old passport. Unfortunately, we could not convince him enough.
Now, I'm planning to go back to the immigration office and see if can retrieve it or better still make a photocopy of all the visas.
Pls learn from my mistake!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
sholextron:
Pls I beg u, DO NOT drop your old passport with the immigration officer on renewal. I made the same mistake and it cost me the refusal of my wife's U.S visa.
I renewed my passport in PH and they collected both me and my wife's old passports.
I just left the U.S interview dis morning and my wife was denied U.S visa just because we could not prove that she has travelled out before. The consular officer could not believe that we dropped our old passport with the immigration office. He kept insisting that every other person has got their old passport. Unfortunately, we could not convince him enough.
Now, I'm planning to go back to the immigration office and see if can retrieve it or better still make a photocopy of all the visas.

@ sholextron,
Sorry about your visa denial, it is the PH immigration office that wanted to collect my old passport the first time, Fortunately i had a valid visa on the passport so they couldn't collect it.
I pray you get it back

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 6:44am On Apr 12, 2016
What if the immigration officer insist on collecting the old one?

@sholextron,
Pls keep us posted ....

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by cosade(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
hardeymijuh:
What if the immigration officer insist on collecting the old one?

@sholextron,
Pls keep us posted ....

NIS should not keep your old passport booklet on renewal, whether you have an unexpired visa in it or not. However, it is instructive to note that photocopies of the pages of the old passport should be attached to your renewal application. So it is possible that where the required photocopies are not attached, the NIS officer mischeaviously insisted on keeping the old booklet.

I have five expired passport booklets with me and travel mostly with the immediate old one and the current booklet, because of the unexpired UK visa in the old one.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2016
cosade:

NIS should not keep your old passport booklet on renewal, whether you have an unexpired visa in it or not. However, it is instructive to note that photocopies of the pages of the old passport should be attached to your renewal application. So it is possible that where the required photocopies are not attached, the NIS officer mischeaviously insisted on keeping the old booklet.
I have five expired passport booklets with me and travel mostly with the immediate old one and the current booklet, because of the unexpired UK visa in the old one.

Thanks for the info.
Do I photocopy all passport pages or only the pages with visa?

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by cosade(m): 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
hardeymijuh:

Thanks for the info.
Do I photocopy all passport pages or only the pages with visa?

Sorry, I cannot readily recall if it was all pages I photocopied or not, but to be on the safe side you can do all.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by itstpia8: 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
hardeymijuh:

The general is simo,
That one no hard na .......

I wonder o.

the prayer should not be make someone enter plane but make plane arrive safely.
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 6:11am On Apr 13, 2016
itstpia8:

I wonder o.
the prayer should not be make someone enter plane but make plane arrive safely.

Bros i agree with you oooo....with all these one wey plane dey miss for air. May God dey protect person
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
sholextron:

Any update yet....

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by itstpia8: 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
hardeymijuh:

Bros i agree with you oooo....with all these one wey plane dey miss for air. May God dey protect person

May God have mercy.
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2016
itstpia8:

May God have mercy.

Yes ooooo...
I
cosade:

Bros i still dey wait your reply ooo
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 6:34am On Apr 15, 2016
am planning to go to PH immigration office soon to make some enquiries....ignorance they say no b excuse...
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by cosade(m): 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
hardeymijuh:

Yes ooooo...
I

Bros i still dey wait your reply ooo

I have answered already.

"Sorry, I cannot readily recall if it was all pages I photocopied or not, but to be on the safe side you can do all."
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
cosade:

I have answered already.
"Sorry, I cannot readily recall if it was all pages I photocopied or not, but to be on the safe side you can do all."

Thanks, will make those copies.....

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by hardeymijuh: 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hello,
Anyone renewed his or her passport recently?
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by Ugosample(m): 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
generalissimo:

Don't worry bro, your time to see the world is near
Re: Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport by Lolawells: 6:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Hello .. my own passport didn't expire .. I lost it and found it again and it contains a valid us visa...but I already applied for an emergency passport which was out within the recovered time frame...I went back to the immigration and was told that they will need to cancel the former passport and return it back to since it has a valid visa .... And I was told to travel with both passport . I hope this is good and wouldn't encounter any problem at the POE ?

Note : I never made any stolen report to the embassy

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerians In Calgary Alberta Canada In Here? / What Country Can I Travel With 4-5 Milion Naira. / Intrested In equatorial guinea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.