Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Love Doesnt Exist - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Doesnt Exist (3070 Views)

Love Doesnt Extend To The Issue Of Fuel Scarcity ( Photo ) / True Love Doesnt Care If You Are In A Relationship!! He's Fair Game Until....... / D Girl I Love Doesnt Do What I Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Doesnt Exist by saintsam(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2006
I dont believe in romantic love,I believe it doesnt exist.I have been convinced beyond reasonable doubt,it doesnt exist.

1 Like

Re: Love Doesnt Exist by donmayor(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2006
What are u reasons for conviction? Of course romantic love does not exist, it is another name for lust.But true love exist and if u believe that does not exist, i feel sorry for you as you are unable to experience the grandest gift in life.
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Oracle(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2006
Saintsam, if you have a problem with Love, go and settle it, but please leave us that believe in Love
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by drrionelli(m): 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2006
@Topic:
Actually, this has the potential to be a fascinating thread.  In fact, I started one similar to it, elsewhere.

@saintsam:
How do you define "romantic love?" 

@donmayor:
How have you come to view "romantic love" (your definition would help, here) as being synonymous with "lust?"

@Oracle:
Again, a definition of "romantic love" from you might help us see why you believe in it, by explaining what it is in which you believe.
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by osegwu(m): 10:25am On Dec 10, 2006
It appears to me like you have never experienced love before and if you
are of age and this never happens to you then oblige me to say i am deeply
and truly sorry for you. Know it now and know it always that true love
exists and just like precious ornaments it is not easy to come by that is
why they are so cherished when we do find them.
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by drrionelli(m): 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2006
Beautifully phrased, osegwu, but the question remains as to what "love" actually is. What are your thoughts on that?
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Busta(f): 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2006
@ topic

took u this long to finally realise that?
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Eurphoria(f): 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2006
hi osegwu wink
damn this feels like de ja vu, you know we chatted about this love thing before lol. Ok still i want you to tell me what it is , This love
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2006
thank you point noted cool
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2006
Saintsam, love doesn't exist? Ok!

Next?
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by LetterGirl(f): 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2006
Greeting, Everyone
Good morning,mid-day, and evening to all. I know we each live in different continents and parts of this world. The lord has brought to my attention that each one of us not neccessarily but we tend to forget the Greatest love story of all. That is his unwavering love for each of us. When everyone walks out on you even if they don't mean it he's there. When the Doctor comes in the room and diagnosis is Cancer, Heart failure that little voice that whispers and says cling to me. I am here, I love you. You ask yourself is this voice possible real. He says yes i am very real. When your husband or wife says goodbye for no reason or all the reasons you feel like your life has ended. He says i am the beginning and the end. Come to me my child, you shall thirst or hunger no more. You are a movie star, everyone tells you're beautiful, surrounded and rub shoulders with the best people in the business your succes is unbelievable you seem to have it all. No one know you are so so lonely and hurting deeply inside. Turn to God and say father i need you your love. You have been dumped by so many people in your life every relationship always fail. You always find yourself saying God why me? You call your mom she won't pick up she's at the store. Your sister is with friends or her kids, Your father is at work he'll call you right back. WHAT GOD is saying to us is he is always here and YES we do know this. But this is our problem we know this. So we take it for granted. He is such a treasure, more beautiful than the prettiest peace of jewlery in the world. More gorgeous than the biggest fully furnished 18 karat gold house. He is so precious words can described him. His definition goes out into infinity his love is endless and so is his love for us. I am speaking to myself very much so as well. We have to learn how to love him endless out into infinity the way he loves us. No his love is unmatchable but we take him for granted i know i have many time. Today i am saying lord forgive me. For walking pass your open arms many days. When i think of how many people walked out,betrayed,decieved and plotted but god was there every every every single time to say babygirl. I'll help you pick up the pieces or how about this he said i'll put it together for you. You just sit there and meditate on my love for you and draw nearer to me. Thirst for me more. His frewill for us is so beautiful so calming. Just as calming as Jesus voice is, just as strong and powerful is my father's presence. On this day let's begin to tell someone of how we received our Victory. Yes the victory is great. But the spirit. The Holy Spirit that held you through the storm. Well that is priceless. Godbless, Narriated by God's Daughter. The Greatest love story never told! God is the most romantic story i have ever had. I am not just saying that I used to say it, i use to treat him so bad. But when i realised how much he loved me in all my nastiness well I just shout in him is every everything i and the world you will ever need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by drrionelli(m): 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2006
LetterGirl:

Your words are truly eloquent and your sentiments certainly lovely. I wish to thank you for sharing your thoughts on this topic.

However, what neither your words nor sentiments do is define the word "love." Yes, you have given us examples of its manifestations. But, to borrow a phrase from the old jazz tune, what is this thing called love?
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2006
Alright guys! I think this topic has been blown out a bit. I mean, WTF? Geeeeez!!!
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by LetterGirl(f): 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2006
I will apologize for if i came across were you guys could not understand. But i will not apologize for gods unwavering love for each and everyone on this earth. I did define L.O.V.E. Maybe it is hard for some individuals to accept. I don't know why. God put his sacrafice his son for us. That defines love beyond explanation. To the peson who said it was blown out of portion. Well god bless you, Keep living this life and you will realize just how much his love is everything, he is love he is life. This is a message board, sorry i could not give you what you wanted to hear. But i gave you the truth!
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2006
You telling me about God's everlasting love? U a joker!

Again, this topic has been blown out completely!!!
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by LetterGirl(f): 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2006
Dear, Radiant be very very careful with the things you says. Think before speaking. I am not being rude just helping you really. I do not joke about God at all, and i dont like to come across as knowing everything cause i dont. This message board asked what was each person opinon or definition of love this is mine. I have the right to express what i feel the realiest of love is. Just because it is not tangible does not make it not love. God is never blown out of proportion. His arms were stretched wide and he was hung high for you and me. Now that is some proportion for you. God bless you and your family. PS. i dont like to debate about this. We each have our opinions but god he is undebatable.
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2006
No one is disputing GOD'S love! You don't need to preach to me about that.

The poster doesn't believe "romantic" love exist and wants to talk about it.

When you start talking about Agape love/God's love, that's what makes me say the topic has been blown out.

Please leave my family out of this!
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by LetterGirl(f): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2006
God did say that we would be persacuted for his name sake. I did not put your family in anything. It seems as though you want to pick at me. As if i am speaking about something cruel. I have read some post on this site that have been mean and very painful. I get beat down for speaking on this. Lord have mercy. For some people do not know.
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2006
Please y'all can we go back to the topic?
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by drrionelli(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2006
OK, first of all, let's all calm down a bit.  Now, please let me clarify:

As noted, the topic of the thread concerns romantic love.  It is this that we should be addressing.  And, I'm sure that Seun would agree that all input is welcome.

LetterGirl, I categorically respect your views and I embrace and defend your right to express them.  As I indicated, I feel that you've done so with great style and class.

What I do not see in your post, however, is a definition of the nature of the topic.  I read marvelous manifestations of said topic.  I read exemplary expressions of said topic.  I see conceptually things that could exist only because of the beyond-human aspect of God (or any other deity). Unfortunately, because I am a human, what to you "defines love beyond explanation" (your words) is somewhat vague, I feel.  And, please note that an "explanation" and a "definition" are not really the same thing.

I ask only for a definition of love.  It need not be phrased in lofty, posh words.  It only needs to be empirical.  The simpler the better.

We can try to do this.  And we can get along in the process, can't we?  wink
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2006
This is what I call. . . "polite slam in the face" grin grin grin
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by LetterGirl(f): 11:50pm On Dec 12, 2006
Sure, I would like to do nothing better than get along. I have not been rude to anyone or impolite. I still stick to what my definition of love is cause that is my right. I say this with humbleness. @ Radiant, I have not been slapped in the face. Unfortunately God and his son has been. Cause we can't even give it up to them just a little bit. But the lord says in his word every knee shall bow and confess he is lord jesus christ. He is love. Sorry i have nothing more to say on this topic. I'm starting to feel as though after a while i'll be wearing a crown of thorns. But i decided that i would when i took up my cross and love for him. I hope the scales will fall off all eyes in jesus name i pray. Amen!
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 11:54pm On Dec 12, 2006
ROMANTIC LOVE!!!
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by drrionelli(m): 1:51am On Dec 13, 2006
Indeed, my previous post was not, is not and shall not be a slam (polite or otherwise) to anybody.  I regret that I cannot seem to convey with clarity what it is that I seek.   cry 

I hope I have not offended anybody with my posts, for indeed, offense is not my intent. 

I very simply seek a definition of the word love.  No anger, vexation, flaming or sarcasm. 

Come on, folks.  How about it?

What IS love? Not what it does, what it feels like, who experiences it and how. Just what it IS.
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2006
lol. . . English language
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Free(f): 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2006
Love exist ,
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Raymand(m): 12:24am On Dec 14, 2006
I gave up on love a LONG time ago. . . undecided
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by gianni(f): 1:33am On Dec 15, 2006
it does exist.

my sis and her hubby are madly in love

they chat way into the night

he serves her meals sometimes

they spend long hours on the phone cooing sweet words

the're sooooooo close

i look at them and wish i find such true love.
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by iice(f): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2006
I look @ my brother n his gf. Yeah i can see that love exists in them
But i have not illusions of everlasting love nor am i looking to find love even. Too damn realistic!
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2006
lol. . .
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Dime(f): 7:46am On Jan 26, 2007
I think it does, but it is not meant for everybody, I heard to be Loved is a true blessing. sad
Re: Love Doesnt Exist by Radiant(f): 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2007
lmao. . . Poor Dime smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Seriously U Have To Do Away With This Way Of Thinking. Not Cute At All! / ATTENTION SEUN: Caution The MODS In Romance Section / Guys, How Does It Feel Dating a Lady Taller Than You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.