Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. (11434 Views)

FFK Congratulates His Wife Precious, For Winning Most Influential Beauty Queen / 11 Most Influential Nigerian Women By Ovoko.com (Photos) / LIVE Photos From Edo APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
Every Nation or State has it most outstanding people. People whose lives and actions has shaped the states, whose contributions are so very visible, and whose achievements are so inspiring that it brings glory to the state.
These has made me to write this list of 20 ALL TIME MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE FROM EDO STATE.

NOTE: This list is of my own personal opinion and does not represent the general opinions of all Edolites in particular, Nigerians in general and the world at large.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
20. Chief Mike Oghiadomhen. He is a former Deputy Governor of Edo State (1999-2007) and former Chief of Staff to ex president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

19. Solomon Arase. He is the present Inspector General of Police (IGP).

18. Dr Michael Arumeni-Ikhide. A naturalized British Citizen. Dr Arumeni-Ikhide was born and raised in Nigeria prior to moving to the UK to pursue his secondary and tertiary education. Dr Michael was appointed to the board of arik air to serve in the capacity of executive director corporate strategy. Today he serves as group CEO and president of arik air limited, Nigeria and arik air international limited, Uk.

17. Rev Dr Omobude. Rev Doc Omobude is the president of Gospel Light Ministries and the general superintendent of New Convenant Gospel Church. Rev Doc Omobude is currently the president, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN).
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
16. Tony Kabaka.

15. Osamede Adun (Bob Izua, Lion of Ogbe).

14. John Odigie Oyegun.

13. Dr Raymond Dokpesi.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
12. Tom Ikimi.

11. Late Mike Akhigbe.

10. Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia.

9. Late Ambrose Ali.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
8. Rev Chris Oyakhilome

7. Late Benson Idahosa.

6. Late Augustus Aikhomu

5. Late Anthony Enahoro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by okosodo: 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
1 igbins 2 anenih 3 oshiobaba 4 oba of benin 5 obaseki 6 bob izua 8 tony kabaka 9 arumemi johnson 10 ize iyamu fact
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
4. Chief Gabriel Nosawaru Igbinedion (esama of the great Benin kingdom).

3. Chief Tony Aneni (The Okaku of esanland).

2. Comrade Adams Aliu Oshiomole.

1. OMO N' OBA, N' EDO, UKU AKPOLOKPOLO, OBA EREDIAUWA. The Great Oba Of Benin.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 7:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
What is tony kabaka doing there?My bad I spoke too soon. grin

1 Like

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
martha89:
What is tony kabaka doing there? What happen to Enahoro,Akhomu And Prince Godwin Shaka Momodu of Midwest politics.Okpere etc Chris Oyakhilomen.
Madam, I'm not through with the list. check again and you would see most of the names you mentioned as part of my list.

Tony Kabaka? The meaning of influential in the dictionary will help me answer your question.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Madam, I'm not through with the list. check again and you would see most of the names you mentioned as part of my list.

Tony Kabaka? The meaning of influential in the dictionary will help me answer your question.

Cheers!
Bishop okojie,Bishop Ekpu Etc ..No comment on Kabaka. Tony and Bob izua are only know in Benin city playing motor park politics well i guess being an APC influence this list.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
martha89:
Bishop okojie,Bishop Ekpu Etc ..No comment on Kabaka.
Bishop Olubunmi Okojie just like Dele Momodu is like a lost Edo child who doesn't know if he is from Edo State or not. They Both prefer been referred to as south westerners.

For Bishop Ekpu, he is known only by 0.1% of Edolites. So he is not worth been on my list.

I have replied your mail.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
Lalasticlala , mynd44 , whom among the both of you is an Edolite?
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Bishop Olubunmi Okojie just like Dele Momodu is like a lost Edo child who doesn't know if he is from Edo State or not. They Both prefer been referred to as south westerners.

For Bishop Ekpu, he is known only by 0.1% of Edolites. So he is not worth been on my list.

The Okojie family is big and there is one that approve the Oshiomhole University. Anyway Dele giwa was from Edo state.

1 Like

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
martha89:
Bishop okojie,Bishop Ekpu Etc ..No comment on Kabaka. Tony and Bob izua are only know in Benin city playing motor park politics well i guess being an APC influence this list.
Nah madam, been an apc member or apologist has nothing to do with my list, if not you wouldn't have seen names like Igbinedion, Aneni, Ikimi, etc.

And mind you, my list isn't about the most influential "good people" from Edo State. Its important and necessary I clarify this because I know the normal thinking of edolites that 'Bob izua and kabaka' are bad men is your singular reason of faulting them been on my list, I might be wrong though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by jonathanOz: 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Lost edo child? You got bad mouth bro. But you shouldn't really be hard on the Cardinal. It's always hard for Catholic Bishops to still maintain that bond with their place of origin once they are made Bishops somewhere else. His eminence is not alone in this. Archbishop Kaigama of Jos and Onaiyekan of Abuja also have same issue.
Never knew Dele Momodu is an Edo guy. Maybe he doesn't know too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
martha89:
The Okojie family is big and there is one that approve the Oshiomhole University. Anyway Dele giwa was from Edo state.
I know Bishop Okojie Family so well. We re not only from same place (Uromi) but also from the palace of Aslem Edenojie, the Enogie of Uromi. We re the Uwangue's of Uromi. *wink*

Mind you, his cousin whom you said approved oshiomole university (Edo State University) is presently a commissioner under oshiomole.

1 Like

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

I know Bishop Okojie Family so well. We re not only from same place (Uromi) but also from the palace of Aslem Edenojie, the Enogie of Uromi. We re the Uwangue's of Uromi. *wink*

Mind you, his cousin whom you said approved oshiomole university (Edo State University) is presently a commissioner under oshiomole.
What about the former minister of works under GEJ ?OK anyway you tried.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
jonathanOz:

Lost edo child? You got bad mouth bro. But you shouldn't really be hard on the Cardinal. It's always hard for Catholic Bishops to still maintain that bond with their place of origin once they are made Bishops somewhere else. His eminence is not alone in this. Archbishop Kaigama of Jos and Onaiyekan of Abuja also have same issue.
Never knew Dele Momodu is an Edo guy. Maybe he doesn't know too
I understand your point of view bro, but I feel that shouldn't be a excuse.

For Dele Momodu, his own is even worst.

God would punish him when he dare come out in future to seek for an elected office in Edo State. hehehe

His father is from Edo north and his mum from osun state.

1 Like

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:
Lalasticlala , mynd44 , whom among the both of you is an Edolite?
if was about human trafficking and weird news it will make front page!
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
martha89:
What about the former minister of works under GEJ ?OK anyway you tried.
He is from Uzenema, Esan North East Local Govt (Uromi), Edo State, but he is not influential. He would have been if Goodluck had won and he continues as a minister.

You re talking about Architect Mike Onolemenmhe.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

I understand your point of view bro, but I feel that shouldn't be a excuse.

For Dele Momodu, his own is even worst.

God would punish him when he dare come out in future to seek for an elected office in Edo State. hehehe

His father is from Edo north and his mum from osun state.
He finally claim Edo when he heard Oshiomhole was from Afemai and alll his kids are bearing Yoruba's names too.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
martha89:
if was about human trafficking and weird news it will make front page!
Don't mind their lives.
It pains me that seun might not even be aware of his mods deeds.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

He is from Uzenema, Esan North East Local Govt (Uromi), Edo State, but he is not influential. He would have been if Goodluck had won and he continues as a minister.

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Yes he is and he is the best minister of work for now. He is definitely better than those Agberos called Bob and kabaka lol.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
martha89:
He finally claim Edo when he heard Oshiomhole was from Afemai and alll his kids are bearing Yoruba's names too.
He is of no importance to Edo State, so he can claim even a Somalian and gives his children Eritean names. Nobody Cares.

1 Like

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
martha89:
Yes he is and he is the best minister of work for now. He is definitely better than those Agberos called Bob and kabaka lol.
Hehehehe, been better is diff from been influential.
Mind you, onolemenmhe is seen as a good man only in Esan
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Hehehehe, been better is diff from been influential.
Mind you, onolemenmhe is seen as a good man only in Esan
That is a lie and during the GEJ Administration he was praised not just by PDP. He did well and those that hate him are just being a bigot.You know tribal politics is still being played in Edo because of the rivalry between tribes. They hated Alli for nothing .
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
martha89:
That is a lie and during the GEJ Administration he was praised not just by PDP. He did well and those that hate him are just being a bigot.You know tribal politics is still being played in Edo became of the rivalry between tribes. They hated Alli for nothing .
Same thing happens all over the country. same way majority of esans hates oshiomole for no just reason or reasons best known to them.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Same thing happens all over the country. same way majority of esans hates oshiomole for no just reason or reasons best known to them.
Their hate is justified did oshiomhole work there?
AAU is a state University that belongs all Edolite and Ohiobaba has not really done anything there but he went ahead to build another University in his hometown. .He want to be like Alli so bad.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by gentleheart1(f): 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
@Op well done but I think you should do a list of celebrities and politicians from Edo State.

I have a list of top known Celebrities from Edo State and I hope to create a topic on them soon.

There are so many successful Edo people allover the world, just do your research well you will be amazed.
Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by mightyhazel: 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
@op,

U no see chris okotie, u no see sunny okosuns,u no see sir victor. Uwaifo,u no see dr osula of d osula royal family,u no see osayomore joseph,osaze odemwingie etc etc

5 Likes

Re: 20 All Time Most Influential People From Edo State. by martha89: 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
The National Universities Commission Executive Secretary is Prof. Julius A. Okojie

Dr. Omo- Ehijele Frank Odafen is the President, Association of General and Private Medical and Dental Practitioners of Nigeria also known as Nigerian Private

Dele Giwa

Prince Godwin Shaka Momodu of Midwest POLTICS

Michael Athokhamien Imoudu was a Nigerian labour union leader

FOREMOST Nigerian architect, Augustine Akhuemokhan Egbor
Career highlights:
founded Egbor and Associates,
Responsible for building a variety of buildings at many Nigerian Universities such as:
University of Benin,
Amadou Bello University in Zaria
University of Jos
University of Ibadan
University Calabar
the Nigeria Industrial Development Bank, a building a high-rise in Lagos,
Federal Ministry of Communication Transmission House, Lagos
Petroleum Research and Training Institute in Effurun-Delta State
the Presidential Lounge at Lagos Murtala Muhammad Airport and many other projects.
French Embassy in Lagos.

Anthony Ehigie Okpere, retired Air Vice Marshall, and former Aviation Minister

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Former INEC Staff In Kwara Sent To Seven Years In Jail / Ibrahim Magu Asks Bankers To Report Any Money Laundering To EFCC / Magu: We Are Probing Ex-Governors, Serving Governors, Fronts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.