Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,503 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja (972 Views)

Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed / Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by lilfizzie: 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
So I ought to have written about this but PHCN has been fucking up.
This is a story of a wonderful and kind Nigerian army Lieutenant-his name is Liutennant Akinola M Stephen Aca. It all started on the 5th of April 2016 when I had to travel to Abuja for a meeting with a high profile individual but as a student I had limited cash so I thought, why not stand by the express so you could get a cheaper fare to your destination. So I stepped out around 9am hoping to get a car but the 'agberos' and their garage which had suddenly sprung up could not allow private owned cars to stop and pick us, in some cases, they stoned the cars, broke mirrors, deflate tires and etc just to get us to board their rickety 1992 model Toyota previa at a very expensive and ridiculous price of #4,500 (a fee I could not afford). So I walked far away from them but the farther I walk the more they chased me and others who were like me, along the line I met this beautiful young lady, a student from my school (OAU, Ile Ife) who narrated her plight and told me all manner of wonders performed by the so-called agberos, she felt tired at a point and eventually gave in, she boarded their vehicle but I refused, persevered and wished her a safe trip. After waiting and walking about 3km away from the garage, some vehicles stopped but unknown to us they stopped because of the nearby filling station to buy the expensive petrol at the rate of #250 per litre. God in his infinite mercy answered my prayers when Liutennant MS Akinola stopped but to my surprise they still found their way to us and threatened to even break his mirror. In my life I have never met a military officer so calm like him and he just gave them a thousand naira and we were so furious at him for giving out such huge amount of cash but he said not to worry that he did it because of the next time when he will have time to deal with them. 4 of us made it inside the vehicle after hussling for about 2 hours and the feel of the cold AC blowing in his Honda Accord car popularly known as Evil spirit made me forget the real life hussle and the sun which had tanned and burned my skin, I sat comfortably in the front sit like it was my car, stretched my like and couldn't relax more when I saw he had a car charger for which I used in charging my dead device, I said to myslef what a blessing this is. We started this wonderful journey, we talked and gisted as if we were family talking politics and of course we talked about the army-all 5 of us. To cap it all he offered us chilled Power horse to help with the stressful journey which lie ahead of us. The only lady in the car was on fone and we overheard her talking about the new Navy recruitment in town and like a nice fellow that he was he offered her advice that worth millions of gold and I could not but wow. We made a stop at a filling station before Akure, he was low on cash because he had spent heavily on repairing his vehicle and because of the high petrol prize, he had to charge us. When we were about to board his vehicle he asked how much we were willing to pay which is very unlike others who will state how much they would collect and then start to bargain_the 2 other guys shouted #2,500 but I didn't say a word(was only left with #3,200), along the line he said only to my hearing that he will collect just #2000, you can see that am very lucky but that's just the start. I told others what he said at the filling station since they didn't hear him and we could not but thank him greatly. We made a stop at Ibilo where we ate a hot pounded yam and to my surprise I met my beautiful young female friend who boarded the garage vehicle at Ibilo (Edo state) but they left 30minutes before us so I said to myself.
I was meant to stay with a senior colleague in abuja but he was in lagos at the time and said he would call a friend so I could stay with him but he bleeped up too. I was left with no other option than to stay in an hotel at a destination I don't know but the Liutennant offered to take me, eventually others stopped at their destination and I was left with him. Along the way he said to me-must you stay in an hotel? Is it not to just to sleep and wake up? Come stay at my place (Abacha Mogadishu cantonment), again I was filled with more happiness and knodded in acsertion to his offer. We got there and met his junior colleague and as he was leaving I asked him to help thank him for his friend was so kind to me. He told me that we should go get something to eat and along the way we stopped at a shopping complex where he bought normal provisions and drinks. We then proceeded to a barbecue joint where he bought a fish I knew we couldn't both finish. As we were going back I noticed I needed some medicines for my sore throat and he took me to where I coukd get it. We went back home and he asked If I needed shower but I hadn't offered my prayers so that was my priority at the time, he waited till I finished praying and we ate as we discussed afterwhich we went to sleep. The following morning he prepared hot tea for both of us and we ate, he then dropped me at a vantage point where I could get vehicle that would take to where I had the meeting since he didn't know where it was. That day I couldn't believe a Nigerian could be this kind to help someone he knows nothing of his background- an army offiicer for that matter, sincerely he rivaled what any of my relatives or long known associates could ever do for me. I couldn't thank him enough and even called my Mom to help thank him. So whenever you see Liutennant MS AKINOLA, thank him for me.
Pics below

1 Like

Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by lilfizzie: 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
mod, fp pls
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by greatbrian(m): 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
I guess z a colito z not a regular .... Anyway my dad z more humble and I will also be very humble as an officer ........ Last month I went to an atm I was on queue and some soldiers came jumped queue and collected money. They saw my dog tag and after the normal greeting they asked y I can't just go collect my money. Buh seeing the old men and my dads agemate in the sun. I couldn't do it.............. Military does not make u hrtless and tough. Been hrtless and tough z In d heart...... My dad died a general and he was the most humble man HV ever encouterd ......... Even my uncle z a brigadier and still n mfm pastor.......... God bless the lieutenant and me too

1 Like

Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by Justycxx(m): 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
but your mouth is large enough to have thanked him very well. no need for us to do that again. it'd be an overdose of thanks
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by YorubaWoman: 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
smiley

I can only smile smiley
And of course, I will say you well to him.

grin
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by harbyj1(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
Read Latest Naija News, Music, Video, News, Entertainment, Fun, Tech, Free Browsing, Gossips @ http://nairaland.com
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by obizzy(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
"kind" and "nigerian military officer" dont usually come 2geda in one sentence.

But here i have to make an exception.
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by Brigadier7(m): 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nice one! But must you upload his photo? Not everybodi likes this General public appearance though!
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by belloabd1914(m): 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
There are good Nigerians out there. God bless luitenant Akintola.
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by McCarlito(m): 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nice gestures Lieutenant Akinola M Stephen Aca
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by emmchi(m): 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
Whoever does a good deed will have tenfold of it.

Kudos to you lieutenant.
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by Tallesty1(m): 9:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
Are you the smiling militant?
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by Flexherbal(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2016
People like him, get their reward from both man and God.
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by Abyzan(m): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
op, he gonna bang your ass`
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by Cutehector(m): 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
Remind me to make him the chief of army staff wen I assume power as the youngest president of the federal republic of nigeria. shocked
Re: The Most Kind And Humble Nigerian Military Officer I Met Travelling To Abuja by flightz(f): 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
YorubaWoman:
smiley

I can only smile smiley And of course, I will say you well to him.
grin
you studied Yoruba in school?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Getting To Startzone – Plot 9 Gbagada Industrial Scheme From Ikeja / Africans In Israel Paint Their Faces White To Avoid Deportation / China To Build 16.2KM Underwater Bullet Train Route That Will Connect Two Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.