Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans (1657 Views)

DJ Cuppy Interviews Jada Pinkett Smith / Zzini Model Sophie Augustine Dazzles With Sarah Smith Lifestyle Collections. / Charlyboy: 'Why I Stopped Sleeping In My Casket And Killed My Pet Python' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by JuicyGee(f): 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
A man was arrested Sunday in the shooting death of former New Orleans Saintsdefensive end Will Smith,who helped the team win Super Bowl XLIV, its only championship.
Smith was rear-ended while driving in New Orleans's Lower Garden District on Saturday night, causing him to hit a vehicle in front of him, police said. The driver of the vehicle that hit Smith, identified by police as Cardell Hayes, "exchanged words" with the former football player after the crash.
Hayes, 28, then drew a handgun and shot Smith several times, police said. He was arrested and charged with second-degree murder.
Smith's wife was also shot and transported to a local hospital. Police said her injuries were non-life-threatening.
Two acquaintances of Smith's witnessed the shooting, police said, but did not immediately identify them.
Police had no information leading them to believe that Smith and Hayes knew each other prior to the shooting, New Orleans Police Superintendent Michael Harrison said. A handgun was recovered from the area.
Smith, who was 34, was drafted by the Saints in 2004 and spent all nine of his seasons with the team. He last played in 2012.
The Saints revealed today that Smith was voted into the Saints Hall of Fame last month. The news would have been made public in May.
Smith posted a photo the day of the shooting, writing "Having a blast" at New Orleans' French Quarter Fest.
A statement on behalf of Smith's family said they were "thankful for the outpouring of support and prayers." Saints head coach Sean Payton and former Saints player Deuce McAllister both called his death "senseless."
Other Saints players, including Nathan Stupar and Cameron Jordan, also offered their condolences.
The Saints' Vice President of Communications Greg Bensel called for the end of all "senseless killings" in New Orleans.
"I am shocked and saddened by the tragic loss of former New Orleans Saints player Will Smith," New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu said. "My thoughts and prayers are with Will's family and those who loved him dearly.
"The senseless acts of violence have to stop," he continued. "Traffic accidents should not lead to someone losing their life."
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell called it "a tragic loss of life."
"Our thoughts are with Will's wife Racquel and their three children," Goodell said in a statement. "He will be missed by many teammates and friends."

Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by halfricanadian(f): 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
cry cry pls say its a lie

cry cry pls say its nt true
Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by Godyke(m): 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
OP, the title of your post is misleading. You made me believe it was the popular actor, the Will Smith we all know. My heart nearly jumped out of my mouth. Anyway this one is also important. May his soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by KingRex1(m): 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

Its nt the will smith you know
Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by JuicyGee(f): 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
halfricanadian:

Lol, its not the famous Actor Will Smith you know.. Thou shall not fear cheesy
Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by halfricanadian(f): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
KingRex1:
Its nt the will smith you know
It stil doesnt matter its a soul dats gone
Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by halfricanadian(f): 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
JuicyGee:

Lol, its not the famous Actor Will Smith you know.. Thou shall not fear cheesy

ok cheesy
Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by Julietcutie(f): 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
Godyke:
OP, the title of your post is misleading. You made me believe it was the popular actor, the Will Smith we all know. My heart nearly jumped out of my mouth. Anyway this one is also important. May his soul rest in peace.
me too o u need to see how I was shouting now thank goodness I finished reading d post... phew thank God... emm rip to dis other Will Smith

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by marveangel(m): 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
initially I feared it was the actor......but seriously someone would just shoot another because of an argument . what kind of mindless sociopaths are living in that USA self....if it was another country now.....mtcheeeew.....Americans
Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by Flexherbal(m): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
What a tragic loss!
Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by bluntspade: 11:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
Many people don't read post before they comment.. Jus take a look at those mumu above me..

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by dhensity: 11:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
chei so one death is less important than the other. this life sha
Re: Will Smith Shot And Killed In New Orleans by JuicyGee(f): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2016
marveangel:
initially I feared it was the actor......but seriously someone would just shoot another because of an argument . what kind of mindless sociopaths are living in that USA self....if it was another country now.....mtcheeeew.....Americans
Asin ehh! Na wa o.. Sometimes when i watch some of their documentary on tv, i wonder what kind of people they are.. angry

(1) (Reply)

The King Of Fashion Is Back Check It Out (photos) / Stormrex Shares Backstage Pictures From Top Stars Concert Sacramento, California / Miss Bumbum Of Brazil Begs Messi To Come Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.