Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now (1412 Views)

Top 5 Dental Health Mistakes You Should Stop Now / Cancer And Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder / Johnson & Johnson Has A Baby Powder Problem. Ovarian Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by DrAda(f): 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
I don't know if you all aware of this but just 2 months ago, the health giant company Johnson & Johnson was ordered by a USA court to pay millions of dollars as compensation to a poor lady that has been using their baby powder for years and developed ovarian cancer as a result of it.

It turns out that the baby powder contains talc which actually is known to cause ovarian cancer. The company knew about this side effect but was silent on it.

Apparently, other mothers are also suing the company as well for that same reason. I am appealing to all moms to please desist from using not just Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder but any powder that contains talc. Better still, avoid all powders,talc or no talc. The safety of our kids should come first, and other things second.

www.kiddiesmatters.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by Iolite(f): 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Thank you. We've been warned several times at the hospital to desist from using powder on our children. I hardly use powder on my kids and if I must, I wet the skin before application.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by sinaj(f): 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
Wow!
Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by Danfuster(m): 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
This is front page worthy
Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by greatgod2012(f): 6:39am On Apr 11, 2016
So, we shouldn't use powder on our kids again, what do we use especially at this heat period when heat rashes are all over their bod
Thanks
Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by ajuwarhodes(f): 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
greatgod2012:
So, we shouldn't use powder on our kids again, what do we use especially at this heat period when heat rashes are all over their bod
Thanks

Just be using ori(sheer butter)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
Interesting...
Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by FINA4804(f): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
Thank you very much doctor, but pls for the benefit of millions of people who will read this information.
Talc do not cause Ovarian cancer that is to say Johnson powder do not cause ovarian cancer, from my little research, it will be better if you post the link of this your information.

1 Like

Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by FINA4804(f): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
Immediately I saw your post on the other trend I had to Google. Talc is a naturally occuring mineral, sometimes from where they mine it Abestors may be there or close to it. NOTE:Abestors is also a naturally occurring mineral , that is not used in making cosmetics. So people assume that abestors is being used or the Talc used is not pure, people feel it has mixed with abestors but this is not true.
Johnson's powder among other cosmestics company where investigated and certified free from using abestors in their product.

You can Google for yourself, this is my own understanding from reading.....

1 Like

Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by DrAda(f): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2016
FINA4804:
Immediately I saw your post on the other trend I had to Google. Talc is a naturally occuring mineral, sometimes from where they mine it Abestors may be there or close to it. NOTE:Abestors is also a naturally occurring mineral , that is not used in making cosmetics. So people assume that abestors is being used or the Talc used is not pure, people feel it has mixed with abestors but this is not true.
Johnson's powder among other cosmestics company where investigated and certified free from using abestors in their product.

You can Google for yourself, this is my own understanding from reading.....
My dear, while reading around today, I discovered that in USA, parents are advised to avoid using any powders on their babies. It certainly goes beyond ovarian cancer since powders also leads to respiratory problems and worsens allergies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by FINA4804(f): 1:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
DrAda:
My dear, while reading around today, I discovered that in USA, parents are advised to avoid using any powders on their babies. It certainly goes beyond ovarian cancer since powders also leads to respiratory problems and worsens allergies.
doc but this is not the information you earlier carried. Then concerning Talc do you know that most powder contain Talc including Adult powder, and Talc is also used in food products and drugs. There are many information about Johnson product and this made me to know that are all false. Please edit your previous post. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder? This Is The Reason To Stop Now by healthserve(m): 7:08am On Feb 22, 2020
DrAda:
I don't know if you all aware of this but just 2 months ago, the health giant company Johnson & Johnson was ordered by a USA court to pay millions of dollars as compensation to a poor lady that has been using their baby powder for years and developed ovarian cancer as a result of it.

It turns out that the baby powder contains talc which actually is known to cause ovarian cancer. The company knew about this side effect but was silent on it.

Apparently, other mothers are also suing the company as well for that same reason. I am appealing to all moms to please desist from using not just Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder but any powder that contains talc. Better still, avoid all powders,talc or no talc. The safety of our kids should come first, and other things second.

www.kiddiesmatters.com

What's wrong with your website?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hepatitis B Can It Be Cured / Kidney Infections (pyelonephritis) - Causes And Possible Remedies / Crisis Looms In Health Sector As NMA Moves To Stop FG/JOHESU Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.