Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,742 members, 7,813,433 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed (11835 Views)

Facts Why Buhari Will Win 2019 Election - Kelvin Nwata / After The Missing Billions Buhari Seeks Fresh Loan / Buhari Will Go Back To UK In Few Weeks Time For Follow-Up Treatment -SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by OKDnigeria: 1:40am On Apr 11, 2016
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has said President Muhammadu Buhari would negotiate for fresh loans with the Chinese government.

Mohammed also said the government must resort to borrowing, in order to finance the 2016 Budget, noting that government revenue had diminished drastically, owing to the fall of crude oil in the international market.

The president who is on a working visit to China is expected to attract more investors from China to Nigeria.

The minister who spoke yesterday evening on a current affair programme of Channels Television, Politics Today, noted that the borrowed funds would be deployed into capital projects, such as road, power and agriculture.

“Borrowing will be used for capital expenditure, government must borrow, if you look at the situation we are in. Crude which used to sell for over $100 per barrel, now sells for less than $40, and our overheads are the same, infrastructures are increasing and we have to maintain them,” the minister said.

When pointedly asked, if the government is currently serving any loan with Chinese government, the minister said the loans are long term loans which are serviced within a period of 30 to 40 years.

“When we talk about Nigeria’s debt profile, it is the borrowing from 1960, these loans are not short term loans, they are loans serviceable for a period of about 40 years,” he said.
Speaking on the lingering fuel scarcity rocking the nation, the minister promised that the ugly situation would subside, as he said 1,300 trucks loaded with petrol would discharge fuel at filling stations from today.

“We have been able to bring the situation back to normal, 1300 trucks will supply fuel all over Nigeria,” he said.

The minister however, urged Nigerians to exercise patience with the government, as he assured that the change Nigerians voted for would manifest eventually.
“The change Nigerians voted for is real, the challenges we are facing is temporal, the change will come,” the minister said.

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/11/lai-mohammed-president-will-negotiate-for-fresh-loan-in-china/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by OKDnigeria: 1:46am On Apr 11, 2016
Why borrow again to fund the budget?
I tot we're told dat govt has recovered abt 3 trillion naira thro d TSA? can't dat money be used to fund d budget? or was it another propaganda from d stable of d APC??

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by ebiboy2(m): 2:28am On Apr 11, 2016
OKDnigeria:
Why borrow again to fund the budget?
I tot we're told dat govt has recovered abt 3 trillion naira thro d TSA? can't dat money be used to fund d budget? or was it another propaganda from d stable of d APC??
my dear you have not seen anything yet. Wait until the traveler comes back with nothing. that is when you will hear the main story.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by kindworld(m): 2:33am On Apr 11, 2016
Lie nwa omo mumuhamed again? make I Sidon here this one go make FP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Monimatic(m): 2:38am On Apr 11, 2016
grin grin grin
Who do APC think they are fooling
What of all the money Buhari led Government claimed they recovered from looters and from various sectors of the Economy, why can't the money be used to fund the 2016 budget.
APC is a Scam, Zombies can quote me anywhere.
Buhari and his "Saint Ministers" with their entourage are using the China Trip to go flex themselves and also bleep(wire) some Chinese punanny( Oloshos)...i repeat Zombies can Quote me anywhere

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by DrLee(m): 2:47am On Apr 11, 2016
Nigeria is sinking into debts! why have such a large budget when our income has dropped?

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Karlovich: 2:52am On Apr 11, 2016
By 2019 I'm sure nigerians must have gotten their senses back especially the zombies

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by eleko1: 3:08am On Apr 11, 2016
HIT THE GROUND RUNNING. SUPPort Baba DAURA cool wink. NIG ONI BAJE oooooo wink cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Achuwa1(m): 3:19am On Apr 11, 2016
I said it b4 & will always say same thing tht Dasukigate was just a mere revenge & propaganda,,,,
how can a govt be going to borrow when he has recovered loot,over 3trillion in TSA ,& budget is over 6trillion.
why not avoid mortgaging my future & tht of the generation in 30-50 yrs time when pmb would have being dead & i will still be alive.why not cut ur budget to the size tht will accomodate the 3 trillion in TSA & the recovered loot,then avoid borrowing.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Achuwa1(m): 3:21am On Apr 11, 2016
I said it b4 & will always say same thing tht Dasukigate was just a mere revenge & propaganda,,,,
how can a govt be going to borrow when he has recovered loot,over 3trillion in TSA ,& budget is over 6trillion.
why not avoid mortgaging my future & tht of the generation in 30-50 yrs time when pmb would have being dead & i will still be alive.why not cut ur budget to the size tht will accomodate the 3 trillion in TSA & the recovered loot,then avoid borrowing.
am already thinking IPOB coz i need a 'factory resetted govt',,,coz naija has expired & unrepaireable.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 11, 2016
The maths doesn't add up when it comes to APC..... They shut down all the forex gates...... They open a few later...... They make leg shooting policies and reverse them in the middle of challenges. angry angry

Now how can a true economist borrow to run an extravagantly padded budget.......just like a father whose salary has been slashed down, will borrow or take a loan just mend his fence or paint his house.

Nigerians can generate the required money if you give them the enabling conditions to operate...... Stop borrowing to look good....... It's a false alarm angry angry angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Scholes007(m): 6:18am On Apr 11, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by opalu: 6:19am On Apr 11, 2016
China go dey feel like one big oga for their mind now.
I once supervised a water treatment project handled by Chinese company for Lagos state government.
These guys don't know JACK. They packed their apprentices inside plane send them to Nigeria as expatriates. Can u imagine I caught them welding reinforcements head-to-head instead of lapping? And many other professional atrocities

Yet when they give our governments loans, they give us on the condition that we must give their companies the projects to handle. And if the project costs 20B, they charge us 42B and that we pay so so percentage before they release the balance. And the percentage will be equal to 20B! Hence Nigeria has been raped left right and center.

NB: No Chinese or Government person should call my line for this post. I am free to make my views known

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by chimerase2: 6:27am On Apr 11, 2016
Chai LIEnus mba is bn a while oh
Has ur probition expired grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Justycxx(m): 6:32am On Apr 11, 2016
lai mohammed show me photos or adonblivit
Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by LoveMachine(m): 6:36am On Apr 11, 2016
Too many armchair economists on NL.
Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by LMFashions: 6:43am On Apr 11, 2016
Liar "the leak mouth" Mohammed has finally spoken after a long time of losing his voice.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by omowolewa: 6:49am On Apr 11, 2016
Loans?! At what conditions?
What of the arms purchase loan, I hope it will be repaid with recoveryy from armsgate.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Sibrah: 6:50am On Apr 11, 2016
opalu:
I once supervised a water treatment project handled by Chinese company for Lagos state government.
These guys don't know JACK. They packed their apprentices inside plane send them to Nigeria as expatriates. Can u imagine I caught them welding reinforcements head-to-head instead of lapping? And many other professional atrocities

Yet when they give our governments loans, they give us on the condition that we must give their companies the projects to handle. And if the project costs 20B, they charge us 42B and that we pay so so percentage before they release the balance. And the percentage will be equal to 20B! Hence Nigeria has been raped left right and center.

NB: No Chinese or Government person should call my line for this post. I am free to make my views known
Put Nigerians in charge of their own affairs n they will turn it into inter-regional competition.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by OAFMods: 6:53am On Apr 11, 2016
opalu:

Any update about the Europeans and Americans or are they saints from God ? NA dem no all ba?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 11, 2016
its ok. Lets see how it all unfolds
Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Caseless: 7:20am On Apr 11, 2016
In God , I trust.

In BUHARI , I see hope!

Thank you God!
Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by RichYoungNigger(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2016
An oil producing country taking loans from a non oil producing country.

Do you know how rich Nigeria is ??
One day dog go begin eat grass for Nigeria.

I don't know what is really wrong with Buhari, his actions or the economy of Nigeria do not affect me in any way because i live in far away USA but sometimes i weep for my dear beloved Nigeria, i wish these old fools will die so that the young blood/youths will make Nigeria great again

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by chilass: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2016
sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by nnadychuks(m): 8:42am On Apr 11, 2016
Q
Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by opineflu(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2016
it been a while lai....
Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by DrChukzy(m): 8:43am On Apr 11, 2016
Choi! *in Falz voice* Hapc av scammt Hus ho. I regret ever supporting apcshit
Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by MadCow1: 8:43am On Apr 11, 2016
Loan again?
Re: Buhari Will Negotiate For Fresh Loan In China - Lai Mohammed by Segadem(m): 8:44am On Apr 11, 2016
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu:What American Media Have To Say About Their Former Chicago Resident / Olatorera Majekodunmi-Oniru Buys Ogun Central APC Senatorial Form / Labour Party Collapses Structure For Katsina State PDP Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.