Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State (54558 Views)

Pictures Of Rain From The Sky / In Taraba, Goat Gives Birth To Baby In Human Form (Photos) / What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 11, 2016
Its either meteorite
Or solidified shìt from some aeroplane

Villagers
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by victorazy(m): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2016
Metrolite can't fall in Nigeria because of their sins.
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 11, 2016
psucc:
It must possess some super power.

#EndTimeStone

Meanwhile, didnt the reporter see the said stone as well? Cos the one posted there is faker than Buhari/APC's promises.
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Harold20: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2016
Omniknowest!!! u don see where meteorite fall before?
oloriooko:
If its a meteorite the effect of the impact will be more devastating than this and by the way that pic is fake
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 11, 2016
nobilis:
Fake news Fake pictures Fake blog And people are already believing
You called Vanguard News a fake blog?
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by gift01: 10:46am On Apr 11, 2016
nnadychuks:
This has happened at '1000 ways to die'. some guys threw large amound of cement particles from a plane to avoid crash.. These particles solidified through the humidity up there and it killed a guy who was molesting a girl... This stone is from cement not any planetry body
Watched the episode. It happened in China. Twas a military drill, trying to form artificial rain. The love-vendor locked up the girl in the passenger side of the car and as he was about opening the drivers side, the stone fell on him
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Onyeani5million(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2016
The gods are angry
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by profmallory(m): 10:58am On Apr 11, 2016
Why should people believe the story is fake, there is a scientific explanation to this nah, or are people that oblivious that things fall into our planet from outer space?. That a tiny bit of a meteor shower, lucky it didnt land on some one or something. Neverthelss, it could be an isolated event or a sign some bigger meteorite might be on its way to earth.
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by profmallory(m): 11:03am On Apr 11, 2016
You apparently have watched too many science fiction movies to think a meteor has to blow us all like a nuclear bomb. In reality meteorites land on earth regularly. However most of them are small in size and land in the sea as the earth has 75% water.

Almost every major advanced civilization in history recorded one form of meteor show or another. Nevertheless, the more intriguing part of this things is that those rock could be millions of years old, travelling through space of millions of light years

oloriooko:
If its a meteorite the effect of the impact will be more devastating than this and by the way that pic is fake
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
zoharariel have u seen this thread? Are they comming? shocked

Papa Gazzuzz. Yes, Planet X a.k.a Nibiru is getting closer & things are really heating up. There would still be countless meteors plummeting violently to earth as she sweeps through the inner solar system causing earth to undergo a physical pole shift.

The world's elite know this catastrophe is coming. This is Y they have prepared underground, shelters, sanctuaries & seed vaults in key part of the world.

Although there are rumours the Amerikan & the Russian government are planning to blow it up with Nuclear weapons once it comes close enough just to minimize damage.

Listen to this Youtube conversation below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTAx9hFbBxk

We are now in the preliminary stages of earth axis shift, and we're beginning to see the real evidence of what is truly happening in our world and 2017 is looking more and more like the time of arrival for Planet X.

There has been a barrage of disinformation articles and videos and even general confusion concerning what and where Planet X is. More and more articles seem to be equating Planet 9 with Planet X, as though one is the other. This just isn’t so! Planet 9 was “discovered” for a reason: to displace Planet X in the minds of truth seekers! The reason for the barrage of disinformation at this time is because the real Planet X is critically close to the inner solar system.

For those who do not know what we're talking about, watch the 2nd youtube video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfcBhlAS62g

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by freshvine(f): 11:13am On Apr 11, 2016
I've witness such incident before. This particular day in 1990 in Ogoja where the present Union Bank is situated in Igoli town Ogoja, around 5pm during a heavy down pour what happen to be lighting hit that particular spot like a huge ball of fire from the sky. Everywhere within the vicinity instantly became dark as the lighting cut power to low voltage.

Following day I was curious to know what happened. I stroll into the small bush housing the bank now. Lo and behold, a hole had been dug by the mystery object with the object sitting right inside the hole. I lifted the object, dark and heavy as a ball of steel. I immediately knew this was a property of the outer space and dump it right where I found it with no one knowing what I've observed till date. I guess whoever found it later will take it as a man made object.

Men, that thing was so heavy but a bit smaller than our regular soccer ball
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by MrFootball(m): 11:14am On Apr 11, 2016
henrydadon:
probably the stone was targeting buhari head..guy have finally answered our prayer
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Chrishandsome(m): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2016
End time stone
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by 100Cents: 11:17am On Apr 11, 2016
Dem don steal the stone..
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by PrinceAfo911(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2016
You mean to tell me that state govt is begging villagers to release the stone,so how come this pic?

you come go snap anyhow pic come give us.
bloggers ehhhh
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by krokroYansh(f): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2016
Analysis? Taraba again ¡!!!!
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Geofavor(m): 11:46am On Apr 11, 2016
Although this topic intrigues me, I am sorry to say that the story is false!
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by MrImole: 11:51am On Apr 11, 2016
I SUSPECT MAMA TARABA.
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Switup: 11:55am On Apr 11, 2016
freshvine:
I've witness such incident before. This particular day in 1990 in Ogoja where the present Union Bank is situated in Igoli town Ogoja, around 5pm during a heavy down pour what happen to be lighting hit that particular spot like a huge ball of fire from the sky. Everywhere within the vicinity instantly became dark as the lighting cut power to low voltage.

Following day I was curious to know what happened. I stroll into the small bush housing the bank now. Lo and behold, a hole had been dug by the mystery object with the object sitting right inside the hole. I lifted the object, dark and heavy as a ball of steel. I immediately knew this was a property of the outer space and dump it right where I found it with no one knowing what I've observed till date. I guess whoever found it later will take it as a man made object.

Men, that thing was so heavy but a bit smaller than our regular soccer ball
believe it or not my dear.... u touched a stone from outter space.... it's sounds awesome. wish it was in d movies, u wud have had some super powers n today u n I would have ruled the world together..... oh, d feel of power..... it sounds so evviiiiillllllllll......
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by flokii: 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
*reminds me of the ' a ni ki Nigeria ko pare' guy that was sitting on bus.. grin

hope we are safe sha... no facility to test that rock now (might be harmful like that)

awon ole.. na only to steal dem sabi
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by freshvine(f): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
Switup:
believe it or not my dear.... u touched a stone from outter space.... it's sounds awesome. wish it was in d movies, u wud have had some super powers n today u n I would have ruled the world together..... oh, d feel of power..... it sounds so evviiiiillllllllll......

Honestly I was discussing this with a scientist based in USA that return to Nigeria few months ago and he echo my suspicion saying I would've made a kill from it if I was still in possession of it.

Oh I forgot, it was luck warm ( a bit hot) when I lifted it and the light situation around the vicinity didn't improve until a week after due to the object landing.
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Switup: 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
freshvine:

Honestly I was discussing this with a scientist based in USA that return to Nigeria few months ago and he echo my suspicion saying I would've made a kill from it if I was still in possession of it.

Oh I forgot, it was luck warm ( a bit hot) when I lifted it and the light situation around the vicinity didn't improve until a week after due to the object landing.
that would have meant more evil powers hun! all wasted... now we are just mere Nigerians.... we can't control d world....
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by DECOtech(m): 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
oloriooko:
If its a meteorite the effect of the impact will be more devastating than this

Did you put the size of the meteorite into consideration?
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
Babzilla:
Its either meteorite
Or solidified shìt from some aeroplane

Villagers

nice grin
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by franklynsunny(m): 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
Alien invasion like d movies...thank God actor no dey die...kiddin
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by femynho(m): 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
slyIsaac:

Wikipedia at work.... Tat mean yhu go copy name join when yhu dey copy from yhur friend...

Tat said I don't understand why africans can be so dumb... Am sure some alfa or pastor haf already started given false prophesies about the meteor....sad... Smh

even d quotes, no ref...smh!!!
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by geniusgenes: 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
currently, an auction of meteors is going on in the UK wit some selling for as much as $1m. Please ow can i lay my hands on this?
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Shaw007(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
ajatim:
where are the geologists now

PastorFire:
Our own only know how to help white people carry drilling machines to a bole hole site
that's very funny ... I'm sure you've met one

Materials from outer space float into the atmosphere all the time . . . more times than you'd even believe. why you don't see them land is because they burn off (through friction mostly from air and other minuscule particles) combine that with the effect of the speed off free fall from such a great distance ... so many of those rocks are not massive enough to make it down

unless.... as in this case ... the meteorite is large enough to not entirely burn off.

and the eyewitness says they thought the end has come. which is understandable, because I deduce it probably must have looked like a comet... with a long fiery tail ( effect of the 'burning off')

it was shining like a mirror then turned pure black ... long story cut short, it was brazed( like I explained earlier) and the inner true color had to show( the 'shining' was cos of the deformation it went true before landing) .... and the it turned black as it cooled

so is it a meteorite . . . most likely
( an object dropped from a plane would not undergo the above processes)
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by philosopy: 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
oloriooko:

well, it depends on the size, this may be a very small particle,

but these things usually burn out on entering the earth surface,

they can travel as fast as over 70km/s.

Could it have burned down to this tiny bit that finally landed.?

Do we have more headed for us?

not sue about this pics authenticity, not seen a real one before.
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Trexnemesis(m): 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
End-time sign
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by leyitto(m): 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
nnadychuks:
This has happened at '1000 ways to die'. some guys threw large amound of cement particles from a plane to avoid crash.. These particles solidified through the humidity up there and it killed a guy who was molesting a girl... This stone is from cement not any planetry body

so because it happened on a tv programme like that, then it must mean that whenever something like that falls from the sky, some guys av bn busy dumping cement from a plane to avoid crashing... ur olodo deserves international recognition. u assessed the stone in the picture with ur eyes ( which by the way, isn't the real stone) and concluded it's cement... chai.... SMH...
Re: Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State by Justpassingby2(m): 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ope ooo... Thank God @last the aliens have come to our aid. Oya let's go there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why 536 AD Was ‘The Worst Year To Be Alive’ According To Researchers (Photos) / Teenagers Launch Locally-made Rocket In Imo, Causing Confusion / First Humans Acted Like Vegan Monkeys, 3 Million Years Ago - Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.