Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,050 members, 7,825,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Memoirs Of Attending Both Public And Private Uni In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Memoirs Of Attending Both Public And Private Uni In Nigeria (431 Views)

Public And Private University Students Battle On Twitter For Supremacyy / 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria / Advantages Of Attending A Military School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Memoirs Of Attending Both Public And Private Uni In Nigeria by Jazzlite: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2016
as a fresh jamb candidate I had two admissions into FUTA Akure 4 Biochemistry and UDU Sokoto for Medicine... I chose Medicine ...but alas family especially my dad would have none of that because of the instability in the north. Hence I got to study a negotiated/compromise course at the Ondo State University Ado Ekiti..... Great Osuaites... members of the 10,001 Tantan forces, greatest gbagba, greatest gbigbi, greatest wawawowo....

hence my journey into oblivion began...at LT7....sciences am sure some will remember the combined class for year one Sciences and Engineering students then.... it was hell the class was made for about 300 students but had a population of over 1,200 students yee!

lectures usually started by 8 am and by 8 30 am you will be practically soaked in sweat no matter the harmattan...it was "Oroku" at its peak. More so, the lecturers who were in the Sciences beefed all Engineering students and struggle to retain them in the Sciences by ensuring they never pass the pre requisite courses needed to move into engineering. Most of the year one students you only get to know during exams or tests... as they just gave up hope of attending classes due to limited space of 300 shared by over 1,200 students.

It was hell....we failed en masse.. as expected and planned, lecturers cared less... frustration grew in leaps and bounds and aggression of students was out of this world.... you struggle to get buses to school and from school, it was in this school that I saw a student dive into a moving starlet car through the window his notes going in first... a freaking moving car! Then at times we students trekk back home a distance of over 10 kilometres on an untarred road... I think Funsho Adeolu the nollywood actor will remember this well.

In summary people were damaged....completely damaged.....I remember in ENG 205, Thermodynamics class handled by Engr Bassey, I purposed to improve and determined to achieve that encouraged by Gbolahan one of the best students in my set who unknown to me at that time was attending classes at OAU to pass in OSUA!!!! I entered class early sat in the 4th row and listened to lectures taking notes...lo and behold the lecturer Engr Bassey came in and his voice was like a pocket radio inside a busy market place as only the first three rows could hear him audibly ..... hence I summoned courage and asked him to speak up as I could not hear him at all.... he came close to me and said "my brother you have to manage because that's how my voice is".... tears rolled down my cheeks hot tears cos I saw my academics going to pieces before me and I could not do anything..... to make matters worse students who did NOT come to classes at all were making the good grades.... cos they had funds "some steal" to settle the lecturers. It was hell.

By 400L I could not cope anymore and without telling anyone at home I obtained a JAMB form and sat for another exam and by now I was completely disgusted with anything sciences that I only picked Economics and chose OAU and Unilag.......... I will be back to complete the memoirs.... lalasticlala take note.

copyriight Jazzlite 2016.
Re: Memoirs Of Attending Both Public And Private Uni In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
So where is the private university experience?

Flogging a dead horse, I see. Good luck. Let's see if this post hits frontpage.
Re: Memoirs Of Attending Both Public And Private Uni In Nigeria by Jazzlite: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
It is coming...just cool down.... both have their ups and downs....it promises to be very interesting...

charix:
So where is the private university experience?

Flogging a dead horse, I see. Good luck. Let's see if this post hits frontpage.

(1) (Reply)

ESUT Loses Accreditation Over Sack Of 153 Lecturersk / Cooperative Society / Application Letter That Will Shock You (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.