Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment (6892 Views)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb / Nine Courses That Can Make You Cry In Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Carlson001(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2016
And why didn't Computer Science make the list?
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by FunnyDude(m): 1:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
Lubbish!

1 Like

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by mamawin(f): 4:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
Idydarling:

spoken like a typical Nigerian, oga go to major secondary schools across the country, my aunt who's a govt teacher is receiving 147 thousand per month as only a vp in a sec skul.... major schools are paying close to 370 thousand a month, you're here brandishing ur mouth, better wipe it now.
abegi na which state your aunt dey work?
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by EmmySparky(m): 6:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
#team gEologists..geology is one of the best courses to study if u wanna be self employed...its diversified...
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by shurlar50(m): 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2016
Food Technology is still the best course to study, self employment wise

1 Like

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by alexis007(m): 12:20am On Apr 13, 2016
movicy:
law ke ? maybe if the list will be up to top 20
law have loose it. law firms are filled up and placements have shrink
and it seems most of their graduates lack dexterity
law is one of the career where their graduate look for job. I wonder maybe they can't even create sth
Bro, I should charge you with murder. You killed it completely.

As a pupil-lawyer, I'm worried about some prospects. Those arguing on the side of law in the notorious Law v. Medicine debate...as to which is superior, had better stop it. Think about it...the growing subscription to ADRs ( Alternative Dispute Resolution methods) in resolving disputes would render the legal practitioner almost redundant, by and by. People no longer depend on court justice process due to its infamous lengthy procedure, and would rather have their matter settled informally than wait upon a Justice-delaying-due-to-much-formalities institution.

Again, look around you...the number of trained legal practitioners living on means outside the entire scope of law and its practice is worrisome. What's Falz doing as a musician? You wanna tell me they now teach lyricology as a law course What's Fashola biz in politics? Is this why he spent a brainstorming five years in school?. Truth is this: lawyers, save for a privileged few, working full-time in the capacity of advocacy and solicitation, have little or no chance of making it 'big', in the financial sense of the word.

Some would come here to argue that lawyers are versatile creatures and thus can survive in any clime outside what they were trained for in school, hence the exodus away from the practice of the noble profession. Why that may be true to an extent and in some certain cases, a preponderance of me tells me that it is because they see no hope in practicing their profession, money-wise and otherwise.
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Angelsss(f): 3:00am On Apr 13, 2016
Pharmacy

1 Like

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by NigerianScholar: 5:49am On Apr 13, 2016
movicy:
unemployment is no more a news here in Nigeria, so I collate the best 6 courses you can study which will absolutely give you opportunity of self establishment after graduating

oya Lee go

(6) Education
it can definitely make you smile at end. You can organise tutorial lessons for those jambites and waec student when you can't buy yourself into government or private own school and you will be making your cool cash

(5) Engineering
shout out to the engine Niqqas, una definitely make the list
5yrs in school is not Easy but it's an opportunity to the engineering field. you guys are well equipped and trained
those calculations... hmm
studying engineering can be frustrating while in school but advantage aftermath, you guys are employers
you can set up things In d face of unemployment
I loud una dexterity

(4) Home Economics
lol....many will surely antagonise this as not to have make the list but it will, even ahead of engineering
you can employ yourself by engaging in
*interior and exterior decoration
*guidance and counselling
*catering and nd hotel services
*nutrition and die tics
*fashion and design and many more

(3) Medicine/health
though there are employment opportunities in these field but can still stand firm even when the job is no more coming
medical field is very tough and it's apparently the most competitive course to study in Nigeria
I still stand on my point; you can hardly find a poor medicine graduate., they are highly respected
the profession is just too cool and the best

(2) architecture and Estate management
very pragmatic and feasible .you can hardly find an architect submitting Cv here and there. They are well equipped and loaded
they make millions in their self established firm. when others are complaining of No job ; they create one and employ others

*(1) Agriculture
if not the most underrated it's still one of the most unguarded course, very prone to abuse
some people even argue it's not worth studying, why ?
many people are ignorant of what the course entails. many will define it as study of farming, it's more wide and broad to be tagged as farming alone
there are enormous fields under this profession. e.g
Metrologist,environmental,nutritionist, soil scientist, researcher,economist and many more
the course is practicable and feasible, you can at least be your own boss with a certificate of b.agric
you can engage agricultural business; it's very lucrative
*poultry ,agro-consultancy , fisheries, marketers
you can even venture into food supply and packaging

you are free to add yours
computer science nko. Cyber cafe. Web designing nd development. App development. Atm support. Limitless opportunities
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Crystalclara(f): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2016
Team Education
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by samfah2011: 7:47am On Apr 13, 2016
Every course is self-sufficient if one who studies it knows what he is doing. For instance, I studied English and Literature and I am not hungry. Though everyone myself included looks for greener pasture.
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 8:57am On Apr 13, 2016
alexis007:
Bro, I should charge you with murder. You killed it completely.

As a pupil-lawyer, I'm worried about some prospects. Those arguing on the side of law in the notorious Law v. Medicine debate...as to which is superior, had better stop it. Think about it...the growing subscription to ADRs ( Alternative Dispute Resolution methods) in resolving disputes would render the legal practitioner almost redundant, by and by. People no longer depend on court justice process due to its infamous lengthy procedure, and would rather have their matter settled informally than wait upon a Justice-delaying-due-to-much-formalities institution.

Again, look around you...the number of trained legal practitioners living on means outside the entire scope of law and its practice is worrisome. What's Falz doing as a musician? You wanna tell me they now teach lyricology as a law course What's Fashola biz in politics? Is this why he spent a brainstorming five years in school?. Truth is this: lawyers, save for a privileged few, working full-time in the capacity of advocacy and solicitation, have little or no chance of making it 'big', in the financial sense of the word.

Some would come here to argue that lawyers are versatile creatures and thus can survive in any clime outside what they were trained for in school, hence the exodus away from the practice of the noble profession. Why that may be true to an extent and in some certain cases, a preponderance of me tells me that it is because they see no hope in practicing their profession, money-wise and otherwise.
Bro . you have nail it
I wonder why most jambite still vie so hard for this law
maybe they only want to be call lawyer and still remain pauper
knowing the fact that some prominent actors and actress study this same course and cannot even survive for cash under it s sth else
funke akindele, falz and many more
Law ? hmmm
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by PaulWillbliz(m): 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
Lol
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by otunbakplu(m): 2:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
movicy:
agric Is very cheap that you can start with just 10000
you can buy 2 day old turkey or chicken,rabbits and many more
it's typically the most cheapest business you can engage in

Honestly,when is that going to be enough to buy a G.wagon ,Range Rover or build a 3 bed room flat in lekki...
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Engineermbugame(m): 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mehn archit roll,just heard from engineer ,he use half of a milion to draw building plan.studying biz administration in school ,after school i wil switch to engineering(were my passion dey.)
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by tdayof(m): 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
movicy:
unemployment is no more a news here in Nigeria, so I collate the best 6 courses you can study which will absolutely give you opportunity of self establishment after graduating

oya Lee go

(6) Education
it can definitely make you smile at end. You can organise tutorial lessons for those jambites and waec student when you can't buy yourself into government or private own school and you will be making your cool cash

[s](5) Engineering
shout out to the engine Niqqas, una definitely make the list
5yrs in school is not Easy but it's an opportunity to the engineering field. you guys are well equipped and trained
those calculations... hmm
studying engineering can be frustrating while in school but advantage aftermath, you guys are employers
you can set up things In d face of unemployment
I loud una dexterity [/s]

(4) Home Economics
lol....many will surely antagonise this as not to have make the list but it will, even ahead of engineering
you can employ yourself by engaging in
*interior and exterior decoration
*guidance and counselling
*catering and nd hotel services
*nutrition and die tics
*fashion and design and many more

(3) Medicine/health
though there are employment opportunities in these field but can still stand firm even when the job is no more coming
medical field is very tough and it's apparently the most competitive course to study in Nigeria
I still stand on my point; you can hardly find a poor medicine graduate., they are highly respected
the profession is just too cool and the best

(2) architecture and Estate management
very pragmatic and feasible .you can hardly find an architect submitting Cv here and there. They are well equipped and loaded
they make millions in their self established firm. when others are complaining of No job ; they create one and employ others

*(1) Agriculture
if not the most underrated it's still one of the most unguarded course, very prone to abuse
some people even argue it's not worth studying, why ?
many people are ignorant of what the course entails. many will define it as study of farming, it's more wide and broad to be tagged as farming alone
there are enormous fields under this profession. e.g
Metrologist,environmental,nutritionist, soil scientist, researcher,economist and many more
the course is practicable and feasible, you can at least be your own boss with a certificate of b.agric
you can engage agricultural business; it's very lucrative
*poultry ,agro-consultancy , fisheries, marketers
you can even venture into food supply and packaging

you are free to add yours
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
otunbakplu:

Honestly,when is that going to be enough to buy a G.wagon ,Range Rover or build a 3 bed room flat in lekki...
Bro
how many doctors can afford tgat too and how many lawyers
success is not restricted to when you can afford exotics cars and other luxuries. .
its wen you are able to meet standard means of living. get it ?
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by rosieluv(f): 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
Donnetimmy:
Law should be on that list, there are many things you can do with a law degree
lyk wat? educate me pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is The Easiest Engineering Degree /course To Study / WAEC Elects Ato Essuman As Its New Chairman / Oshiomhole Fires 41 School Inspectors, Demotes Principal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.