Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,970 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:03 PM

Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 (33699 Views)

Jega: Politicians Are Nigeria’s Greatest Threat / Oby Ezekwesili Describes Buhari's Speech As "Case Of Missed Opportunity" / Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Emmysteve(m): 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
Saying we need another party is too lame. Do you think another party can emerge in Nigeria? You better free yourself from self delusion. PDP is coming back in 2019.
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by shugaboy6102(m): 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
SageTravels:

Your one of the problem of this Nation called Nigeria. Somebody will spot a problem in this current government and your referring him back to the past administration you kicked out. What nonsense. APC as a whole Hate truth and they dont no that no matter now far lie goes truth will surely overcome it.
thanks for that comment...
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by persius555(m): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
Too many nigerians can analyze the problem of nigeria, but very few can profer solutions because many are part of the problem. I dont envy the APC govt at this point. They made too many unrealistic promises at a time when the outgoing govt made a mess of the economy. Martin Onovo himself is part of the problem. He complains about borrowing to fund a 70% recurrent expenditure budget and turns around to blame the govt for promising 100,000 security jobs and delivering 10,000. How does he expect the govt to pay the salaries of 100,000 police officers if it doesnt borrow.
Matins Onovo himself is a personality who knows how to fault others but cant proffer solutions to the challenges on ground. This is art we nigerians have mastered over the years.
The same way reuben abati use to dissect economic issues and blame the govt of the day back the on his tv show "patitos gang" with pat utomi.
GEJ brought him in and what was his contribution? Nothing.
Nigeria is in dire need of solution providers not complainants.

2 Likes

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by zheroes(m): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
Seenyo:
Spots on! CHAINge is a colossal scam! I regret voting pmb.
please can you hold this statement until the end of 2017? If not what are your reasons for regrets?
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by shugaboy6102(m): 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ebukaobi:
Another IPOB sympathizer
Buhari is the best thing to happen to Nigeria
He will rule you and your family till 2023 AND BEYOND
Sai Baba
please how much do you buy fuel in your Area?
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by zheroes(m): 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
persius555:
Too many nigerians can analyze the problem of nigeria, but very few can profer solutions because many of them are part of the problem. I dont envy the APC govt at this point. They made too much unrealistic promises at a time when the outgoing govt made a mess of the economy. Onovo himself is part of the problem. He complains about borrowing to fund a 70% recurrent expenditure budget and turns around to blame the govt for promising 100,000 security jobs and delivering 10,000. How does he expect the govt to pay the salaries of 100,000 police officers if he doesnt borrow.
All i see in onovo is a personality who knows how to fault others but cant proffer solutions. The same way reuben abati use to dissect economic issues and blame the govt of the day back the on his tv show "patitos gang". GEJ brought him in and what was his contribution? Nothing.
one bottle for the road for you!!!!!
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Coolcube: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Reyginus:
So a Buhari is smarter than a Martin Onovo?

Dont mind the Ode jare! I voted for Onovo at the last election and I never regretted doing so. From the presidential debate organised for all the presidential aspirants, his reasoning stands out. The PMB he claimed to be what we need was even ashamed to come and present his ideas to the generality of the populace, he prefers to talk to his party members who have been brainwashed and cajoled to the campaign rallies with goodies. For someone like me who does not follow a politician or a party, I would rather make my choices based on how well an aspirant can clearly enunciate his proposals and tackle questions that are real, not people of promises.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Nusaf: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Very shallow analysis. Where was he when this country was being milked dry? I just dislike all these laymen analysis. If you cannot satisfactorily convince me how GEJ is better than PMB in terms public expenditure and revenue, u are simply what u are, a wailer.
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by nwatiti(m): 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
undecidedthe man spoke the Gospel truth,this government is depreciating our economic prestige.. this is just the Genesis una go suffer for this country..... bugari carry go....ur doing one side ....the great siblings of urz are killing one side... I respect the Hausa nation very strong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Coolcube: 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
persius555:
Too many nigerians can analyze the problem of nigeria, but very few can profer solutions because many of them are part of the problem. I dont envy the APC govt at this point. They made too much unrealistic promises at a time when the outgoing govt made a mess of the economy. Onovo himself is part of the problem. He complains about borrowing to fund a 70% recurrent expenditure budget and turns around to blame the govt for promising 100,000 security jobs and delivering 10,000. How does he expect the govt to pay the salaries of 100,000 police officers if he doesnt borrow.
All i see in onovo is a personality who knows how to fault others but cant proffer solutions. The same way reuben abati use to dissect economic issues and blame the govt of the day back the on his tv show "patitos gang". GEJ brought him in and what was his contribution? Nothing.

I watched his previous interview on Channels some months back and he DID proffered solutions. Kindly find the video on Youtube, and see the solutions he proffered. I tell you, from the Presidential Debate, he has been proffering solutions, just that not many Nigerians see political debates as something worthwhile in making informed choices.
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Goke7: 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
I watched the interview and onovo was just his usual self, over emotional:

1. He brought out the manifesto where he said APC said they will create millions of jobs per year, he said instead we are seeing job losses, onovo forgot to factor in the present state of the economy with respect to crude oil prices and the fact that the Govt is yet to have its own budget, he goofed there.

2. He said APC promised to recruit 100,000 police men immediately but he was quick to admit that plans are already on to recruit 10,000 already, so what is onovo's problem, has the Govt failed in that regard?

3. He complained about political appointments in favour of the north claiming that out of 38, the north has 30, the interviewer confronted with on whether PMB violated the constitution, onovo was jolted as he deceptively limited his grouse of the appointments to the six service chiefs and not the 38 he was earlier fuming about, chai onovo is not as smart as people think.

4. He talked about budget and the expenditure and his host asked him if there was no reduction in recurrent as compared to the 2015 budget, onovo said there was reduction in percentage in recurrent expenditure but no reduction in figures, I laughed at the so called onovo trying to dodge not to give some credit where it is due.

5. Onovo said [which is actually true] that Govt was borrowing 40% of the budget to finance 30% capital expenditure, yet he still claim Govt was financing wastages forgetting where we have be coming from with the previous administrations.

6. His host asked him way forward and advice for the Govt, yet he continued to rant that his party has already advised PMB but APC was doing as if they know it all which is a very childish response from Onovo.

In all, i saw a man who claim to be a patriot but he is none as his tone and body language is as if he wants the Govt. to fail perhaps because he never got the attention he needed. Only those who are bias against PMB thinks Onovo is intelligent.

3 Likes

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by francizy(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
obynocute:
dis man needs to lecture mr bubu nd all hiz ministers for a whole semester....

Even if you lecture Buhari for 10 years, are you sure he will pick anything meaningful from your lecture...? shocked shocked cheesy

He will only tell you: madallah madallah!! Before you know it, he will go back to do what you told him not to do... grin cheesy

Ask Modath, she will tell you more about Buhari... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by kingdvd(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
ONOVO IS THE WORST PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA.
ONLY HIM HAS THE ANSWER TO ALL NIGERIAN PROBLEM, THESE KIND OF MEN CAN NOT EVEN LEAD THEIR HOMES.
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by rusher14: 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
uzokingn:
how will u feel if some one wish your life will be as pmb is ruling Nigeria, will you say Amen?

Amen.
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by ozoemenaca: 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
I have said it earlier that APC government is all about deceit. The truth is that even the Zombies would in no longer time join the so called wailers whom I think are noble men who choose to call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by francizy(m): 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
kingdvd:
Buhari IS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA.
ONLY HIM HAD THE ANSWER TO ALL NIGERIAN PROBLEM BEFORE HE WAS ELECTED, THESE KIND OF MEN CAN NOT EVEN LEAD THEIR HOMES.

Hahahahahahaha! Fixed! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by dadexcel: 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
chynie:
pls is this a delivered zombie or a wailer spotted grin

too late to cry

just watching in my 3d glass cool
........... Please get wisdom!.......
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by bishop4life(m): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
Goke7:

1. He brought out the manifesto where he said APC said they will create millions of jobs per year, he said instead we are seeing job losses, onovo forgot to factor in the present state of the economy with respect to crude oil prices and the fact that the Govt is yet to have its own budget, he goofed there.

2. He said APC promised to recruit 100,000 police men immediately but he was quick to admit that plans are already on to recruit 10,000 already, so what is onovo's problem, has the Govt failed in that regard?

3. He complained about political appointments in favour of the north claiming that out of 38, the north has 30, the interviewer confronted with on whether PMB violated the constitution, onovo was jolted as he deceptively limited his grouse of the appointments to the six service chiefs and not the 38 he was earlier fuming about, chai onovo is not as smart as people think.

4. He talked about budget and the expenditure and his host asked him if there was no reduction in recurrent as compared to the 2015 budget, onovo said there was reduction in percentage in recurrent expenditure but no reduction in figures, I laughed at the so called onovo trying to dodge not to give some credit where it is due.

5. Onovo said [which is actually true] that Govt was borrowing 40% of the budget to finance 30% capital expenditure, yet he still claim Govt was financing wastages forgetting where we have be coming from with the previous administrations.

6. His host asked him way forward and advice for the Govt, yet he continued to rant that his party has already advised PMB but APC was doing as if they know it all which is a very childish response from Onovo.

In all, i saw a man who claim to be a patriot but he is none as his tone and body language is as if he wants the Govt. to fail perhaps because he never got the attention he needed. Only those who are bias against PMB thinks Onovo is intelligent.

You watched that program like one eyed Sunday. In Madonna's voice, "you only see what your eyes want to see".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by francizy(m): 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ebukaobi:

What facts?

That Boko haram has been rendered impotent?

That Corruption is being tackled?

Trash! What's the difference between the boko haram of those days and the Fulani herdsmen of today? Tell us another crap because apparently, all your posts are full of crap with no meaningful substance.. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
9 months is rather short a period to asses a govt, but not short to ascertain if a govt is ON or OFF course....Nig. Is largely OFF course!
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by ajebuter(f): 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ebukaobi:
Another IPOB sympathizer

Buhari is the best thing to happen to Nigeria

He will rule you and your family till 2023 AND BEYOND

Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by obynocute(m): 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
francizy:

Even if you lecture Buhari for 10 years, are you sure he will pick anything meaningful from your lecture...? shocked shocked cheesy

He will only tell you: madallah madallah!! Before you know it, he will go back to do what you told him not to do... grin cheesy

Ask Modath, she will tell you more about Buhari... grin grin
lolzzzzzzzzzz.......... my broda, as I ws readn diz ur mention, I nearly fell into a gutter....lolzzzzz... ur own no gud oooo.. broda.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by osita76(m): 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
chriskosherbal:
I think that is a personal opinion.
I hope the dullards will not go after this man as was their wont the man just took them to the cleaners and expose their incompetence and deceit only God can save Nigerians
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by 9jatatafo(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
Observing things
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Goke7: 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
persius555:
Too many nigerians can analyze the problem of nigeria, but very few can profer solutions because many are part of the problem. I dont envy the APC govt at this point. They made too many unrealistic promises at a time when the outgoing govt made a mess of the economy. Martin Onovo himself is part of the problem. He complains about borrowing to fund a 70% recurrent expenditure budget and turns around to blame the govt for promising 100,000 security jobs and delivering 10,000. How does he expect the govt to pay the salaries of 100,000 police officers if it doesnt borrow.
Matins Onovo himself is a personality who knows how to fault others but cant proffer solutions to the challenges on ground. This is art we nigerians have mastered over the years.
The same way reuben abati use to dissect economic issues and blame the govt of the day back the on his tv show "patitos gang" with pat utomi.
GEJ brought him in and what was his contribution? Nothing.

It is folks like you that are intelligent not the dumb fellow called onovo
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by DauraDullard0(m): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nusaf:
Very shallow analysis. Where was he when this country was being milked dry? I just dislike all these laymen analysis. If you cannot satisfactorily convince me how GEJ is better than PMB in terms public expenditure and revenue, u are simply what u are, a wailer.
Jonathan has long gone and **** like you can't stop dragging his name into every discourse. Buhari is incharge now and if he is unable to give a satisfactory account of his stewardship, then he has failed. So far, the Buhari Administration has proven to be a colossal failure.

And for the records, the 2016 Budget debacle and other unfolding events show the extent of pillaging the APC has subjected Nigeria's treasury to. A fraudulent and over-inflated budget drawn up for the sole purpose of stealing this country dry.

The sordid details of APC/Buhari misadventure into governance in Nigeria will be laid bare in 2019 when another administration will assume mantle of leadership.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Goke7: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
bishop4life:

You watched that program like one eye Sunday. In Madonna's voice, "you only see what your eyes want to see".
You just described yourself bruv
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by MrJah(m): 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
Goke7:

You are an educated ****. Onovo spoke the minds of many Nigerians.
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Omnisharp(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
Martin Onovo made sense. I wish more Nigerians can stand firm and speak the truth, we just need to grow up and help eachother #WeAreOne
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Goke7: 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
MrJah:

You are an educated fool. Onovo spoke the minds of many Nigerians.

I won't respond to your insult cos its no use but pls say onovo was speaking for you and your ilk rather, if you tryly watched the interview, try and dispute my facts.
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Realist2: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
I watched the program, how i wish men like this man will be given opportunity to rule this country, the man is sound. Unfortunately, when it comes to Nigeria politics,only those that does a dirty jobs including killing thing and threatening the cooperate existence of the country do have their way, no wonder we,re where we are today.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ajimobi, APC Reveal Plans To Sack Oyo Governor-elect, Seyi Makinde / Ganduje Launches Free School Feeding For Primary School Pupils / See How APC Intend To Fight Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.