Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen (12829 Views)

Ondo Election: Mimiko Meets With Buhari Again / OPC Members To Transform To Snakes And Lions To Fight Militants In Ogun / Mimiko Meets With Striking Workers In Ondo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by neolboy(m): 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
The Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Mimiko on Monday said the federal government must act now to stop the incessant killings of people, particularly farmers, by Fulani herdsmen.
The governor added that if the government failed to act, the country may be heading towards a precipice.

Mimiko stated this while meeting with members of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) over the death of one of their colleagues, who was allegedly killed by herdsmen at the farm belonging to the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae at Ilado community in Akure North local government area of the state.

The deceased, Ayodele Ige, was the coordinator of the group in Akure North local government.

Mimiko also noted that if urgent actions were not taken, people may resort to self help.

While appealing to the OPC not to take law into their hands, he urged the government to collaborate with northern states governors to set up big ranches with dams, including schools for the herdmen.

Mimiko assured the OPC members that those behind the killing of their member will soon be brought to book by the law enforcement agencies.

The governor who picked holes in the proposed Fulani grazing reserves bill by National Assembly, said it would further aggravate the crisis between the farmers and the herdsmen.

His words,”these herdsmen must be called to order, these wanton destructions, audacious incursions into other people’s territory cannot continue for too long.

“I am again appealing to Mr President and all the major stakeholders in government in Nigeria that we should put heads together and sort out this.

“For me, I see the grazing reserves as aggravating the problem; though I’ve not read the law, I don’t see how that law can find comfort with the land user’s act; the control of land is vested in the governor of the state; I can’t see any federal law that will compulsorily acquire any land from any state government; in my state for example, it cannot work.

“The owners of these cattles, according to the information in my disposal are well to do people, they are elites and if cattle rearing is commercial venture, why should they not contribute in collaboration with state government or Private Public Partnership or whatsoever to set up ranches, so that if you want to graze on such ranches, you pay a fee, after all, they don’t sell these cattle for free.

“We have been talking about diversification and agriculture is the main focus, but in my state there is hardly any medium scale or large scale farmers that has not had any encounter or the other with the herdsmen.

“They just go to the farm and devastated it, some of the owners have been turned to perpetual debtors because some of them borrowed from bank , the herdsmen will just get there and destroy these farmlands and we are talking of diversification.

“I think if we don’t do anything about the activities of these herdsmen, I can see a threat to the security of this country so it’s a major challenge and I think the President and all major stakeholders should take this as a very serious challenge.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/11/mimiko-meets-opc-members-over-killing-of-colleague-by-fulanis-herdsmen/

18 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by demolinka(m): 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
Fulani herdsmen wey dey kill people anyhow, the trado-ethnic thunder wey go treat una fvck up still dey do kegel exercise. Badstars!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by cktheluckyman: 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2016

“For me, I see the grazing reserves as aggravating the problem; though I’ve not read the law, I don’t see how that law can find comfort with the land user’s act; the control of land is vested in the governor of the state; I can’t see any federal law that will compulsorily acquire any land from any state government; in my state for example, it cannot work.

I just love this man!! Any southern Governor that gives out an inch of their lands to these murderers in the name of grazing reserves should be hanged!! Igbos are predominantly traders and no one is talking about trading reserves for them.Anyone who wants land anywhere should raise money and pay for it

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by TheFreeOne: 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
It is high time every community resort to self-help since the FG is not ready to address incessant killings by Fulani herdsmen.

These herdsmen aren't willing to stop these murderous rampages so they had to be stopped by the people.

23 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by cktheluckyman: 4:24am On Apr 12, 2016
I wonder why thi thread is not on frontpage.Lalasticlala please come and do the needful
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Alawe(m): 5:20am On Apr 12, 2016
Samson Babalola come and warn Mimiko O, the life of Just an ordinary OPC does not what criticising the herdsmen in any of their activities in yoruba land. Yoruba is not a minority tribe in nigeria so if a yoruba is killed nobody should complain. In fact Mimiko needs to be taken to ICC for not supporting the fulani herdsmen.

Meanwhile, good one from Mimiko, the best I have heard in regard to the herdsmen activities.

12 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by ckmayoca: 5:49am On Apr 12, 2016
Every human has elastic limit, all these don't take law into ur is for a short time ppl can't keep watching their friends n family get slaughter without doing anything.

8 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by phemmie06(m): 6:08am On Apr 12, 2016
Pls when is the imported grass coming, since the killing has began how many of these herdsmen have been arrested. Or are they carrying out instructions from PMB?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by ORACLE1975(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2016
Good one
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by DaFlash: 8:42am On Apr 12, 2016
Karlovich:
Sophisticated slaves will always be slaughtered by their fulani lords
Grow up and quit being foolish.

It's high time the southern part of the country form a defensive coalition pact against this fulani guys. Because this are the stages of ethnic cleansing and suppression which ain't good for anyone.

7 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Pavore9: 8:42am On Apr 12, 2016
"The governor who picked holes in the proposed Fulani grazing reserves bill by National Assembly, said it would further aggravate the crisis between the farmers and the herdsmen".....Do the proceeds from these cattle rearing go to the Federation Account that grazing reserves must be provided across the Country?. The South has no business providing land for grazing as the North occupies about 80% of Nigeria's land mass!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by SageTravels: 8:42am On Apr 12, 2016
Welcome development
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by damton(m): 8:43am On Apr 12, 2016
This wanton murder and destruction by Fulani herdsmen is getting out of hand.

I pray a lasting solution is brought up by the government

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by diana158(m): 8:43am On Apr 12, 2016
gud
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by MadCow1: 8:43am On Apr 12, 2016
Hmmm!
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by seunny4lif(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2016
Huh?
Mimiko talk this one shocked
I'm impress o Oooh but please our governor pay us out money now angry
It's unfair ooooh angry

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2016
Government should not sit back & watch. They need to act fast & put an end to this incessant killings because it is now becoming worrisome.

May God grant the repose an eternal rest & comfort the bereaved family.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Lilimax(f): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2016
It appears these Fulani herdsmen madness is going on unabated. It's currently spreading to all the Southern states shocked
I hope the authorities concerned will rise up and do something about it.

Btw, who usually equip them with AK-47 riffle ?undecided>

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2016
Karlovich:

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN GOD WAS GIVING OUT COMMON SENSE

8 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by rawtouch: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2016
reading....

someone should tell those Fulani herdsmen A new sheriff is in town and he will not tolerate any more of their killings
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by 2sydoflyf(m): 8:46am On Apr 12, 2016
Is Mimiko still a PDP governor? He is hardly in the news like his two brothers from Rivers and Ekiti. And he happens to be the chairman PDP governors' forum. Meanwhile these restless fulani herdsmen are terrorists! They should be treated like one but unfortunately our baba is a fulani man.
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Ramanto(m): 8:46am On Apr 12, 2016
It's Time Nigeria Stopped Celeberating These Fulani Men And Spring To Full Action.

4 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by Jaycool18(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2016
Karlovich:
u ought not to say this, it's been happening everywhere even in our land.. So stop this hate, it's uncalled for

8 Likes

Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by princechurchill(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2016
i smell conspiracy the headlines misleads alot
Re: Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen by undisputed25(m): 8:48am On Apr 12, 2016
Karlovich:

so only the so called sophisticated slaves are killed by Fulani
bigotry won't help bro

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

37 Boko Haram Suspects In Lagos Arrested By Army / Kogi CoS and Philanthropist Asuku Celebrated By Nigerians on His Birthday / IKEDC Estimated Bill: We Travelled For Christmas, Yet We Were Still Billed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.