Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Has Evolution Ended? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Evolution Ended? (4233 Views)

Today is 22-12-2012 And The World Has Not Ended. Praise God. / Tithing Ended And Abolished In The N.T - An Exposition On Hebrews Chapter 7. / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Evolution Ended? by jamiru(m): 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2009
please athiest, has evolution ended its evolving or are we still in the process?
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by jagunlabi(m): 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2009
Although i am not an atheist,i can contribute here.
The answer to the question is,NO,the evolution is neverending.The universe will keep on evolving to new heights,reaching new peaks,opening new doors,new possibilities.
That is why the universe was never meant to be perfect and it will never be perfect,so as to enable continuous evolution.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by jamiru(m): 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2009
hi
thks but i prefer an evolutionist cum athiest to answer
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2009
jamiru:

hi
thks but i prefer an evolutionist cum athiest to answer
Following after noetic's steps, very good.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by redsun(m): 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2009
You can easily see the evolutionary process glaringly in the case of africa and the rest of the fast evolving world.For some reasons,we are at bottom of evolutionary process.

Evolution is changes and adaptations,it never stops.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by wirinet(m): 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2009
If you really want to know the above questions, i am sure if you Google evolution, you will millions of pages explaining any type of evolution you seek to know.

Evolution can never end, unless the universe comes to an end, just like a baby born would not stop "evolving" until it dies.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2009
wirinet:

If you really want to know the above questions, i am sure if you Google evolution, you will millions of pages explaining any type of evolution you seek to know.

Evolution can never end, unless the universe comes to an end, just like a baby born would not stop "evolving" until it dies.
Leave the dude he is playing dumb, david will soon rear his head here now.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by jamiru(m): 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2009
hi

thks for given me ur opinion.

but sorry i dont believe i am EVOLVING instead I AM GROWING!
evolve: develop via evolutionary change: in evolutionary theory, to develop from an earlier biological form
Microsoft® Encarta® 2008. © 1993-2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

grow: to become larger in size through natural development
Microsoft® Encarta® 2008. © 1993-2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Krayola2(m): 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2009
what are u expecting to see, a monkey give birth to a human?
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2009
Krayola2:

what are u expecting to see, a monkey give birth to a human?
LWKMD this dude is really funny I am not sure he knows what 1 million years is, he wants to detect the change with his own very eyes, monkey driving an escalade ( even if Kardinal ofishall looks close, grin grin).
Who even told him atheism is synonymous to evolution?
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by jamiru(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2009
since u evolutionist has accepted that dinosours which by thier fossils, prove that they existed, question what did they evolve into before they died or did they not evolved? what are the descendants of the dinosurs today?
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Krayola2(m): 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2009
jamiru:

since u evolutionist has accepted that dinosours which by thier fossils, prove that they existed, question what did they evolve into before they died or did they not evolved? what are the descendants of the dinosurs today?

We don't know.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by wirinet(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2009
jamiru:

hi

thks for given me ur opinion.

but sorry i dont believe i am EVOLVING instead I AM GROWING!
evolve: develop via evolutionary change: in evolutionary theory, to develop from an earlier biological form

grow: to become larger in size through natural development

Jamiru, your definition of evolve and evolution is just in one strict sense as applied to "evolution of species". Evolution itself in a more general sense mean a gradual change. If you have studied any discipline in a higher institution, i am sure you would have studied other types of evoultion. I for example studied evolution of various architectural Styles and element under architecture. Others studies evolution of Societies, some even study evolution of religions.

So if you want to talk evolution of Species on earth as proposed by Darwin, then say so.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Krayola2(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

LWKMD this dude is really funny I am not sure he knows what 1 million years is, he wants to detect the change with his own very eyes, monkey driving an escalade ( even if Kardinal ofishall looks close,  grin grin).
Who even told him atheism is synonymous to evolution?

hhaha grin grin
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Leave the dude he is playing dumb, david will soon rear his head here now.

Why? These people no gree leave me alone o! shocked
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by manmustwac(m): 8:37pm On Aug 02, 2009
jamiru:

Dinosaurs evolved into birds. I foundout thru a simple google. (Why couldn't u google & findout for yourself?)  smiley Click on the link below for proof  wink
http://www.sciencebuzz.org/blog/more_proof_that_birds_are_descendants_of_dinosaurs

And since you are now indirectly admitting that dinosaurs existed. Do u believe that they existed 250 million years ago before God created the Earth or do you believe that God created them when he created the planet? smiley
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2009
manmustwac:

Dinosaurs evolved into birds. I foundout thru a simple google. (Why couldn't u google & findout for yourself?) 

what you "found out" was someone's unproven opinion not that dinosaurs evolved into birds. Dinosaurs were gigantic organisms . . . for them to have become so small as to "evolve" into the sparrow means that someday birds will become so small as to virtually become extinct?  shocked

That is not evolution but DEVOLUTION! It makes no sense to insist that the horse "evolved" from a tiny ancestor while the birds took the opposite route.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by jamiru(m): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2009
ok good

1st krayola says WE dont know then manmustwac says birds hmmm! contradiction now its not bible but thier brains shocked shocked shocked shocked

MMW thx 4 d link so i d eat T.rex 4 shiken abi well that is nice
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by posakosa(m): 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2009
Evolution ends when humans/animals die.

In my opinion we are always evolving.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2009
manmustwac:

Dinosaurs evolved into birds. I foundout thru a simple google. (Why couldn't u google & findout for yourself?)  smiley Click on the link below for proof  wink
http://www.sciencebuzz.org/blog/more_proof_that_birds_are_descendants_of_dinosaurs

And since you are now indirectly admitting that dinosaurs existed. Do u believe that they existed 250 million years ago before God created the Earth or do you believe that God created them when he created the planet? smiley

this man sef . . . try using your brain before posting these kind of thoughtless links.

1. The T. rex collagen protein showed a 58% similarity to chicken collagen . . . thus manmustwac and his crew believe (by faith of course since they've never seen this with their 2 eyes) that the T. rex "evolved" into a nice fat agric chicken!

2. But the T. rex collagen is 51% similar to that of frogs . . . so did some T. rex evolve into frogs while the rest matched on to be chickens?

3. Human collagen and that of cows is 97% similar . . . thus manmustwac must have evolved from a cow! FACT!  See that was easy! grin
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by KAG: 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2009
jamiru:

please athiest, has evolution ended its evolving or are we still in the process?

Like has been previously stated, no, evolution hasn't stopped. The process of biological evolution is bound to continue with imperfect offspring replications.

Edit: on the dinosaur-birds issue. What are the differences between dinosaurs and birds?
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by jamiru(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2009
davidylan:

what you "found out" was someone's unproven opinion not that dinosaurs evolved into birds. Dinosaurs were gigantic organisms . . . for them to have become so small as to "evolve" into the sparrow means that someday birds will become so small as to virtually become extinct?  shocked

That is not evolution but DEVOLUTION! It makes no sense to insist that the horse "evolved" from a tiny ancestor while the birds took the opposite route.

kai david, i just laf anf i began to cry out of laft grin grin ;Da evolution to devolution  grin grin grin
t.rex ==> shiken ===>?
so gud 4 athiest
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by wirinet(m): 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2009
David, I still say you ignorance in issues of science is beyond belief.

Please read up again so you will know what the word dinosaur means.

1. Not all dinosaurs were gigantic like T.Rex., some were very small.
2. The Large dinosaurs were wiped our by a sudden change in tempt as a result of a cataclysmic event, most probably an asteroid that hit the earth 65million yrs ago. But the smaller ones were able to escape extinction and so was able to evolve into birds.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by jamiru(m): 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2009
david e bi like say i go just sit and laf myself from bed to the flow. really we are not the only one tha BELIEVE; kag and crew believe in tre becoming frog/shiken oh laf
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2009
wirinet:

David, I still say you ignorance in issues of science is beyond belief.

Please read up again so you will know what the word dinosaur means.

1. Not all dinosaurs were gigantic like T.Rex., some were very small.
2. The Large dinosaurs were wiped our by a sudden change in tempt as a result of a cataclysmic event, most probably an asteroid that hit the earth 65million yrs ago. But the smaller ones were able to escape extinction and so was able to evolve into birds.

ignore my "ignorance" (the best excuse when you know you dont even make sense).  grin

We were not talking about "all other dinosaurs" . . . we were SPECIFIC about the T. rex. According to wikipedia, the largest T. rex was about 43ft long and weighed over 6.8 tons.

The Science paper published makes nonsense of your claims that it was smaller dinosaurs that evolved into birds. It SPECIFICALLY mentions T. rex tissue was used for the comparison so there is no room to hide with lies here.

Now how did a 6.8 metric ton animal "evolve" into a sparrow?  shocked
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 02, 2009
In 65 million yrs, an elephant will "evolve" into a mouse. You heard it here first! grin
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by wirinet(m): 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2009
davidylan:

this man sef . . . try using your brain before posting these kind of thoughtless links.

1. The T. rex collagen protein showed a 58% similarity to chicken collagen . . . thus manmustwac and his crew believe (by faith of course since they've never seen this with their 2 eyes) that the T. rex "evolved" into a nice fat agric chicken!

2. But the T. rex collagen is 51% similar to that of frogs . . . so did some T. rex evolve into frogs while the rest matched on to be chickens?

3. Human collagen and that of cows is 97% similar . . . thus manmustwac must have evolved from a cow! FACT!  See that was easy! grin

I do not claim to be a biologist, but i know that the similarities between the DNA and collagen between all mammals is more than 95%, so it is very deceitful for you to use cow to buttress your point .

Please furnish me with a link that says it was T.Rex that evolved to birds. Because from what i know T.Rex did not survive the  mass extinction
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by jamiru(m): 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2009
u see the problem of not having a UNIFYING book they have contradictory ideas. if they could hav said no as one said, it would hav been better but never theless it is t.rex to bird/frog cheesy cheesy cheesy

thks for wat God says that He would make foolish the wisdom of this world and i am seeing it on black and white
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by jamiru(m): 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2009
Please furnish me with a link that says it was T.Rex that evolved to birds. Because from what i know T.Rex did not survive the mass extinction

manmustwac:

Dinosaurs evolved into birds. I foundout thru a simple google. (Why couldn't u google & findout for yourself?) smiley Click on the link below for proof wink

Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Krayola2(m): 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2009
@Jamiru. Why do u equate someone being an atheist with someone claiming to know everything. You don't have to know anything about evolution to not believe in God. You don't even need to know how to read / write.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2009
wirinet:

I do not claim to be a biologist, but i know that the similarities between the DNA and collagen between all mammals is more than 95%, so it is very deceitful for you to use cow to buttress your point .

Infact you just proved here that you know next to nothing about the science you trumpet. Now the above i put in highlights is MEANINGLESS. How can you compare DNA and collagen?  grin On what basis?

It also shows you:

a. NEVER read the paper manmustwac's link cited and
b. never even looked through manmustwac's link.

The link clearly specifies what was tested . . . antibodies raised against chicken collagen did pick up collagen protein from unfossilized T. rex tissue, allegedly indicating some simliarity between collagen found in both animals.

The paper (a science paper which i will NOT link here so as not to aid lazy pple like wirinet who only know how to bleat) claims that the comaprison was made using Mass Spectrometry . . . which if wirinet knows anything about does NOT determine DNA content but amino acid content of a protein!

So if the T. rex and chicken link is based on 58% similarity in collagen from both samples . . . it makes perfect sense to wonder if man evolved from cows since they have a 97% similarity in collagen too.

No that isnt deceitful . . . that is just being realistic.

wirinet:

Please furnish me with a link that says it was T.Rex that evolved to birds. Because from what i know T.Rex did not survive the  mass extinction

No i will not . . . you people are way too lazy and empty-headed. We are always "furnishing you with links" even though you come here to post and insult us as if you even knew what you were arguing about in the first place.
Re: Has Evolution Ended? by KAG: 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2009
jamiru:

It didn't say T-Rexes evolved into birds. Instead, they share a remarkably close phylogeny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Were Ruth And Naomi Lesbians? / FAITH In Mathematics / His Holiness Olumba Olumba Obu Appeared And Set Me Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.