Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko (14565 Views)

Edo Bans Night Grazing And Carrying Of Arms Because Of Herdsmen/Farmers Clashes / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes / Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Godstraight(m): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2016
oshiomole should just prepare to be booted out of Edo state with his b*tch lara

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Opharhe: 9:18am On Apr 12, 2016
Why is the Buhari-led FG doing this? The problem may go out of hand. I think it's high time we follow FFK's advise, let's arm ourselves for the rainy day.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by seunny4lif(m): 9:20am On Apr 12, 2016
I'm loving this
I hate my governor but for this statement, I like him grin
Watching on 3D
OPC abeg make una start the wahala jooor
From Igoba to Owo- expressway
Kill them all cos I need Suya grin

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by yinkus204(m): 9:22am On Apr 12, 2016
Whenever the igbo call yoruba slave or coward i wil just laugh at them nw take a look at both governor speech and tell me who is the coward among them

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Alokendra(m): 9:22am On Apr 12, 2016
Listened to classic FM this morning. I couldn't believe that the analysts spent more time discussing grazing areas rather than the heinous acts perpetrated by these marauding Fulani herdsmen. I think we southerners are the one enslaving ourselves. This our cowardice is legendary.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by anyaekekehinde(m): 9:27am On Apr 12, 2016
Alokendra:
Listened to classic FM this morning. I couldn't believe that the analysts spent more time discussing grazing areas rather than the heinous acts perpetrated by these marauding Fulani herdsmen. I think we southerners are the one enslaving ourselves. This our cowardice is legendary.

Legendary is the word my brother.
Gradually this people are dominating us
They know our terrain, all our bush parts, in case of full blown war, southerners are finished, they can even start planting landmines along this forest path and round us up. .

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by ovie99(m): 9:28am On Apr 12, 2016
oshomole u are a coward n a foolish man. who does not know dat d fulani herdsmen are d one drawing d first blood? Let's call a spade a spade!
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by thiagoneves: 9:31am On Apr 12, 2016
This Osho slowpoke is simply saying nonsense. If these herdsmen try any nonsense on our lands, we will behead each and every one of them. Okada and iguobazuwa incidents are just child's compared to the one that would befall these fulani herdsmen this time around. It would be a total annihilation of the fulani tribe once and for all.

I would rather dying fighting for the lands of my ancestors than to be allowed to be slaughtered in my soil by fulani herdsmen.

Proudly From The Bronze City.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 12, 2016
yinkus204:
Whenever the igbo call yoruba slave or coward i wil just laugh at them nw take a look at both governor speech and tell me who is the coward among them

What about the one Abia State Governor said which appeared on FP yesterday? Mimiko's own speech is a learner compared to Ikpeazu's own
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by TOPSHINE: 9:37am On Apr 12, 2016
GRAZZING SHOULD BE STOPPED NATIONWIDE. IRREGATION FARMING CAN ASSIST PRODUCE FEED FOR THE COWS. WE HAVE COWS IN WESTERN WORLD NOW
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by yinkus204(m): 9:41am On Apr 12, 2016
ilawanson44:

What about the one Abia State Governor said which appeared on FP yesterday? Mimiko's own speech is a learner compared to Ikpeazu's own
look my brother am yoruba and u ar igbo but to say the true let everybody started forcing there governor to speak out and let see the once that is supporting the fulani blood sucker after there speech people shud start attacking the governor house and office until he support his poeple will
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by juman(m): 9:43am On Apr 12, 2016
The country goes down the drain as expected.

One nigeria is a waste of time.

The apc government is too incompetent to fashion out solution to the problem.

The government that cannot provide ordinary fuel.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by obaino860: 9:47am On Apr 12, 2016
searchng4love:
The Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, has warned Fulani herdsmen and local farmers in the state to maintain the peace or face the wrath of the law.The governor said the state would neither ban grazing nor farming.

This was contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Edo State Governor, Peter Okhiria, on Monday.He quoted Oshiomhole as saying this at a stakeholders’ meeting, which was convened to find lasting solutions to the clashes between the herdsmen and farmers in the state.The governor said if not properly managed, the crisis “can escalate beyond what we can manage quietly.”

He added, “Edo State Government will prosecute any rapist, any kidnapper, any rustler, who takes people’s cows. I think listening to all the stakeholders, whether royal fathers, farmers, Fulani herdsmen, everybody agreed that neither rape nor robbery, nor destruction of farms, nor rustling of cattle is acceptable.

“I think we are all committed to ensuring that we put an end to any of these practices so that all of us can continue to live together in peace, harmony and in security.“In every conflict, you will find someone you can describe as the oppressor. Somebody might be blamed, but every conflict can be resolved if all the parties approach the solution with honest intentions and whatever agreement reached, we faithfully try to implement. That way, there will be peace.

“Like the migrant Fulani representative said, ‘you cannot decree a solution, but we can work towards a solution.’ And we have to use both carrot and stick approach.”Oshiomhole said the state would set up about 19 committees, one committee in each of the 18 Local Government Areas of the state to resolve the recurring clashes.

He explained that the membership of the panel would include traditional rulers, farmers, community leaders, youth leaders and the representatives of the Fulani herdsmen.

[b]Meanwhile, the Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, has declared that the incessant attacks on farmers by Fulani herdsmen in the South-West and some other parts of the country must be checked.Mimiko feared that if the attacks of the herdsmen were not curtailed urgently, the development might lead the country to the precipice.

The governor called on President Muhammadu Buhari and other stakeholders to be more proactive about the attacks in order to stop them from degenerating to a serious crisis in the country.

Mimiko stated this on Monday after a meeting with the members of the Oodua Peoples Congress in his office in Akure, the state capital.The Fulani herdsmen allegedly invaded the farm of a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae, last week and killed a guard, identified as Ayodele Ige, who was one of the leaders of the OPC in the state.

The herdsmen had earlier in September, 2015 invaded the farm, where they kidnapped Falae, a former finance minister, and only released him after three days after collecting a ransom.The governor said he had met with the security agencies in the state over the issue, assuring the OPC members that the killers of the deceased would soon be fished out.

Mimiko added, “We are moving towards the precipice and the earlier we pull back… and it requires all the stakeholders from the President and all major stakeholders to come together on how to resolve this issue.

“These herdsmen must be cautioned, these wanton destruction, audacious incursions into other people’s territory cannot continue for too long.

“We have put in place a lot of fire-fighting efforts in the last 48 hours to ensure that there are no retaliatory attacks from the OPC. “The Ondo State Coordinator of the OPC, Mr. Pius Ogunsanya, appealed to the government and the security agents to arrest and prosecute the killers of Ige. He vowed that the group would avenge the killing of the OPC leader if the government failed to arrest the perpetrators of the heinous act.

“We are appealing to the governor to beg the Federal Government to find solution to the activities of these herdsmen. They must find the killers of our man; if they do not find him, we too may go after the herdsmen,” he stated.[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/herdsmen-farmers-clashes-may-cause-national-crisis-oshiomhole-mimiko/

Note the differences in Mimiko and Oshiomole's approach...

oshiomole's brain need to be cross examined

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by henrysam(m): 9:55am On Apr 12, 2016
GEJ was accused of not nipping the activities of boko haram in the bud on time
Same thing is happening to buhari now on te issue of fulani rearers
It's becoming a time bomb waiting to explode
Thinking aloud

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by ricebeans668: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Ipob wont split this country.....

The fulani's will.
The worst is that the native animal and riff raff called Buhari is enjoying the killings across the country. Buhari who was very foolish at 40 is even worse foolish even at 73 plus. He is not even bordered flying all over the world like ''oley fowel''

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by koxi: 10:03am On Apr 12, 2016
Honestly, this herdsmen menace is wreaking havoc. Their activities along Benin/Auchi is terrifying. Worse still is that they are fully armed wit AK47s, and I begin to wounder who gave it to them. May God help us.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by macaranta(m): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2016
True talk
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Legbo6: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2016
waho, this change is going so long nd deep, that even the heart of NIGERIANS IS TOUCHED.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Ballmer: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Oshiomole is a fool
Imagine the statement from a governor
Oshiomole is so dim-witted,the light of his wit cant get beyond his eyes
Any governor that signs any useless pact is supposed to be stoned to death

For your Igbotic mind you think every Nigerian will willingly chose to be as foolish as you.

Everyone is not sick in the head and they would rather find a solution than threaten the peace which is unlike what ipob Biafrans have been programmed to do.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Ballmer: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2016
Ioannes:
Let the herdsmen who perpetuate violence and lead their animals to destroy people's farms be destroyed completely with their cattle. the president's annoying silence over this matter casts a shadow on his integrity. angry

What was Jonathan's comment on the same issue when he was the president ?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 12, 2016
DaBullIT:
Nobody can divide this country

Fulanis are presently gathering reputation

and that breeds hate , and anger

If something is not done , It will be a massacre on herdsmen , not the peace loving fulanis' no one will go to thier state or cities , but those of them in other regions stand a lot of risks
poppycock

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Reference(m): 10:33am On Apr 12, 2016
winningwinner:
I saw only one man talking sense (Mimiko), the other man (Oshiomole) is talking rubbish, blaming his own people for the sins of the fulanis.

Oshiomhole has to be politically correct....when your principal has not taken a stand on the matter.....sigh....we make governance so difficult for ourselves. I tell you. 99% of Nigerians identify first with their ethnicity before their country. This nation sore needs restructuring. No other way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by vislabraye(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Oshiomole is a fool

Do you mind him ? Is he trying to tell us he doesn't know who the aggressors are ? Should fsrmers fold their arms and allow herdsmen to raid their farms ?
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2016
Alokendra:
don't mind Uncle Jimi. I feel disgusted listening to an old man playing partisan politics with everything.

Try Smooth Fm by 7:30 am and you will have cause to LOL if Cheta Nwanze is on the shoe

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by vislabraye(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2016
Ballmer:

What was Jonathan's comment on the same issue when he was the president ?

During Gej's era did you hear about Fulanis wiping out a community as they did in Agatu ?
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by donstevoz(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Oshiomole is a fool
**** Dialogue is the best way of resolving crises. Stop making a fool of yourself and ask Mimiko to do something too like Oshiomole instead of waiting for FG
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by donstevoz(m): 10:43am On Apr 12, 2016
vislabraye:

During Gej's era did you hear about Fulanis wiping out a community as they did in Agatu ?
It was even worse. Hundreds (if not thousands) were killed in Plateau, Kaduna south and Nassarawa by herdsmen during GEJ
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by vislabraye(m): 10:45am On Apr 12, 2016
yinkus204:
look my brother am yoruba and u ar igbo but to say the true let everybody started forcing there governor to speak out and let see the once that is supporting the fulani blood sucker after there speech people shud start attacking the governor house and office until he support his poeple will

I like what the Ondo state governor did. He banned grazing in his state. If all Southern governors can do same, it will be good.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by vislabraye(m): 10:50am On Apr 12, 2016
donstevoz:
It was even worse. Hundreds (if not thousands) were killed in Plateau, Kaduna south and Nassarawa by herdsmen during GEJ

It's an exaggeration. Buhari has spent less than one year in office, and I can't even count hos many people Fulani herdsmen have killed.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by ChinonsoDike2: 10:58am On Apr 12, 2016
This is absolutely insanity. This whole scenario sounds like something out of the onion. What gives them the right to trespass on the property of others?! These entitled idiots go out if their way to destroy crops they had no part in planting. Fulanis have practiced this nomadic bullshit for centuries. For centuries they haven't been able to find a solution to their grazing woes?! These unintelligent dirtbags can't even come up with irrigation that was practiced over 1000 years ago in ancient Mesopotamia! I think it's time to do some cleansing;these guys are too unintelligent to live.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes May Cause National Crisis – Oshiomhole, Mimiko by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2016
Bro, if people die without the directive of the president, i bet u they will sack the IG, in fact in which people will not die because the police will support one party and leaving the other party helpless
Rexnegro:
it's only in This con3 everything is The president, the president...wetin we get IG of police for, state commissioner of police, let The ig spring into action without order from The president.. if You no shit na president cos am Why?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Speaks At 20th Anniversary Of The International Criminal Court / Again, Court Denies Abba Kyari Bail / Ogun: Reconstruction Works On Lafenwa-Rounda Road (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.