Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo (25401 Views)

Edo Bans Night Grazing And Carrying Of Arms Because Of Herdsmen/Farmers Clashes / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes / Sultan To Buhari: Take Firm Action On Herdsmen And Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by dre11(m): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday said it is not the responsibility of President Muhammadu Buhari to address the lingering clashes between herdsmen and farmers.

Obasanjo also decried the increasing level of hunger in the country, stressing that it was sad to note that about 65 per cent of Nigerians were faced with food insecurity.

The former president spoke during the 23rd Annual LAPO Development Forum with the theme, ‘Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in Nigeria: Challenges and Opportunities’, organised by the Lift Above Poverty Organisation in Abuja.

Obasanjo said, “Some of the words that have been coming from our leaders, particularly from state governors are not helpful! This issue is not a federal issue and another thing, I don’t like about it is that when you talk of Fulani herdsmen, people talk of the President.

“Now because the President of Nigeria is a Fulani man, you expect him to solve the problem immediately, that is not his job. And when people make comments like this, it annoys me.

He noted that during the colonial era, there were grazing reserves in most parts of the North, but wondered what had happened to them.

Obasanjo said, “I need to state that it is the responsibility of local governments to take care of them. Now, states should have even done better, but they haven’t, and then when you have cattle rustling, herdsmen and farmers conflict, you try to make it a national issue. It is not really a national issue.

“For me, the herdsmen are entitled be able to look after their animals but they are not entitled to destroy the crops of the rural farmers, it is unacceptable.”

http://punchng.com/herdsmenfarmers-clashes-not-buharis-responsibilty-obasanjo/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
Our elder stateman we know

The wailers will soon be here

Just watch out

Oya

Come in

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by TippyTop(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Now because the President of Nigeria is a Fulani man, you expect him to solve the problem immediately, that is not his job. And when people make comments like this, it annoys me.

Buhari is not just the President of Nigeria, he is also the Grand Patron of Miyetti Allah. (Assoc of Herdsmen)

Assuming Buhari wasn't the Nigerian President, the onus still falls on him as the leader of their association to call his members to order. .

Anyway fear don catch Obj grin grin
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom, ask Mr Yellow Teeth Tinubu.

195 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
I think its State Governors.

"I need to state that it is the responsibility of local governments to take care of them." - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

CLICK "like" if you think it's State Governor's responsibility and "Share" for Local Government undecided

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Keneking:
I think its State Governors.

"I need to state that it is the responsibility of local governments to take care of them." - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

CLICK "like" if you think it's State Governor's responsibility and "Share" for Local Government undecided

You are absolutely right

It's the Governor

The local Govt Authority

Above all the community involved

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by TippyTop(m): 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
[s]
sarrki:

You are absolutely right

It's the Governor

The local Govt Authority

Above all the community involved
[/s]

Had Ijaw Youths gone on rampage during GEJ's time, you and your people would have gone ballistic blaming Dr Jonathan.
For God sake Bubu is not just the President, he is also the Grand Patron of Miyetti Allah.

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Clerverley2(m): 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
Another Yoruba slave. How is it supposed to be Local government responsibility when the Fulanis get the federal military to assist them when communities organise themselves

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Progressive01(m): 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2016
Now because the President of Nigeria is a Fulani man, you expect him to solve the
problem immediately, that is not his job. And
when people make comments like this, it
annoys me.
EXACTLY!!! Thank God someone else is seeing what we have been seeing.

That notion of "hold Buhari responsible for every crime committed by a Fulani man since he is also Fulani" is the demonic notion the bastard hateful children of the Fallen Angel have been trying to force Nigerians to accept.

It has not and will NEVER stick!

They can continue radicalising themselves as they please- when the bow breaks, they shall be rightly tagged the terrorists they are and treated as such.

God bless you Baba for speaking the truth, and God bless the President FRN (GCFR), Mohamadu Buhari. smiley

Edit:

Please, if you feel sad about my comment, go kiss the asss of a skunk. Better yet, go to hell and remain there. smiley

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by phemmie06(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
And that was why Fayose protected his people cos he knew it was his duty

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
Another Yoruba slave. How is it supposed to be Local government responsibility when the Fulanis get the federal military to assist them when communities organise themselves

Spotted

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Jokerman(m): 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
Progressive01:
EXACTLY!!! Thank God someone else is seeing what we have been seeing.

That notion of "hold Buhari responsible for every crime committed by a Fulani man since he is also Fulani" is the demonic notion the bastard hateful children of the Fallen Angel have been trying to force Nigerians to accept.

It has not and will NEVER stick!

They can continue radicalising themselves as they please- when the bow breaks, they shall be rightly tagged the terrorists they are and treated as such.

God bless you Baba for speaking the truth, and God bless the President FRN (GCFR), Mohamadu Buhari. smiley

Onenka buh u expected Jonathan to solve Niger Delta problem because he is an ijaw man...

Isn't it??

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
EternalTruths:
Afonjas are the most useless people on earth. angry

Is it my responsibility to solve the problem angry

Senior Advocate of wailers

Is on the loose

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
There is nothing worse than being Yoruba.

The thing pain am

He enter am well well

grin grin grin

Is a bad thing to be a wailer

It's not curable

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by iconize(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
Obasanjo is right. State governors should arm these farmers.
Heck, Fulani herdsmen also bleed like every other person.

16 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
TippyTop:

Buhari is not just the President of Nigeria, he is also the Grand Patron of Miyetti Allah. (Assoc of Herdsmen)

Assuming Buhari wasn't the Nigerian President, the onus still falls on him as the leader of their association to call his members to order. .

Anyway Fear Don catch Obj grin grin
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom, ask Mr Yellow Teeth Tinubu.

A wailer is better than a confused wailer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by ycat: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
Right on Obj! There are things elders can't just say out like that so as not to heat the polity, but only the smart can deduce the coded message. But will the stupid Nigerians understand this? It's like being beaten by your mate on the street and you went to your mate's father to report him. If you can't stand for yourself and fight back, I support that your mate to beat you everyday. When I was a kid and got beaten by a girl a little older than me and went home to report to my grandma, that was the only time my grandma ever raised her hand to beat me. She said next time , she would love to hear from others that I defended myself to death. I learned that day that only a wimp goes to report injustice that can be taken care of right there.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by TippyTop(m): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
sarrki:

I'd rather be known as a Wailer than be thought of as an unrepentant Zombie like yourself.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by kingphilip(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
If this is so we should really be holding the right people responsible from now onwards

I hope all Governors are taking notes of this and the local government chairmen too because we'll surely come hard on them if they fail in their responsibility of protecting the lives of the citizens who voted them in or who the robbed of the right to a better leader through rigging

May God continue to protect us throughout the remaining days and months of this year

Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by tdbankplc: 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
sarrki:

People kept avoiding your f00lishness and you kept running after them like a naked kid. Why?

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by borntosuccess(m): 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
just imagine, whose responsibility is it?.Abeg na charm dem use hold ppl mouth, wats happening, we need to push dis criminals out b4 2019

7 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
tdbankplc:

People kept avoiding your f00lishness and you kept running after them like a naked kid. Why?

BOT chairman of wailers

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ojiofor:
The disease of the Yoruba man is selfishness-Sen Okurounmu.

Windows 7 application required for formatting

It will boot naturally once installed

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
borntosuccess:
just imagine, whose responsibility is it?.Abeg na charm dem use hold ppl mouth, wats happening, we need to push dis criminals out b4 2019

No way

Baba continue to be your

Commander in chief till 2019

So cheer up bro
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Sealeddeal(m): 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2016
Fulani herdsmen constitute a security problem to the country and I do think that Federal government, being in charge of security of the country, should also take responsibility in handling the Fulani herdsmen terrorism. Nevertheless, I do agree with Obasanjo that state government must also have an input.

8 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by ycat: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
Yet you will give everything to be Yoruba.
OgbonnaUbani:
There is nothing worse than being Yoruba.

7 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by ycat: 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
Foolish coward, fight for yourself and stop giving excuses. Real men stand up and fight, not whine.
OgbonnaUbani:

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by clefstone(m): 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
Who needs the opinion of this senile man called OBJ, abi na objective

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by galaxy4rep(m): 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
sarrki, pls visit other blogs, facebooks and twitter to see who is been declared wanted by police! hahahahaa! guess what? I have devoted all my time and energy to nab that criminal.... pls help me to get him arrested life or dead------

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by galaxy4rep(m): 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
SARRKI! I believe so much that u will come across dis.... Pls I need ur help, inbox my email, gat a job for u my friend. there is dis criminal that must
b arrested, d picture has been flagged ,perhaps u must have seen it in other news forum, blogs ,Facebook
or twitter owing to ur vast news hunt ! pls, he is wanted by all mean, once seen report to d nearest police
station, thanks.. guess u understand what am talking about....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sule Lamido Visits Obasanjo For Consultation Over Presidential Ambition / DSS Invites Ten Edo APC Chieftains / Oshiomhole Picks Edo North Senatorial District Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.