Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi (841 Views)

2019: Why Tinubu Shouldn’t Depend Heavily On Buhari / An Open Letter To Youths...especially Those Who Want To 'die For Nigerian Politi / EFCC To Arrest Ex INEC Chairman Over Oil Baron Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by sirchikero: 8:41am On Apr 12, 2016
I was on my way to the #Island one day when it dawned on me that the real reason there is a mad rush to live and work on the Island actually can be traced back to the White Men and early Nigerian aristocrats who made the Island the abode of the high and mighty. The Island was where the envied lived and operated from.

When the White Men left, Nigerian big boys took over full time. Now if you are rich and living on the mainland, you are considered an upcoming rich man. They turned the island to a place where only the filthy rich express their wild dreams.

It is only on the island you can see a young guy driving a G-Wagon or any other luxury vehicle you can imagine and tell you it belongs to me or his father.

Island is that part of Lagos where a young man spend a million naira in one night in a pub or night club and smile home.

The Island as now constituted is populated with drug barons, corrupt politicians, big time Fraudsters, corrupt civil servants and also successful business men and women, #celebrities, expatriates and great Nigerians.

The corporate bodies too jumped into it too and moved their head quarters to the Island. The best and tallest buildings and hotels in Lagos are found on the Island. Everything beautiful, adorable and extravagant migrated to the island part of Lagos State.

This created a #life style that only #Fela’s ‘suffering and smiling’ song can truly explain. Every morning, there is a huge surge of human beings moving from the mainland to the island to work and back in the evening after work. Most of them would have preferred to live near their offices but a lot of factors prevent this from happening. So they are left with no other choice than to suffer the deadly traffic the island is cursed with.

continue reading here : http://www.pas360.com/reviews/why-you-shouldnt-move-to-the-island-if-you-are-not-a-drug-baron-corrupt-politician-and-civil-servant-fraudster-or-mega-rich-celeb/

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by idupaul: 8:49am On Apr 12, 2016
True

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by tellwisdom: 8:49am On Apr 12, 2016
92.1% of people on the island are corrupt people.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by niyiduke01(m): 8:51am On Apr 12, 2016
True yarn bro

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by Justycxx(m): 8:56am On Apr 12, 2016
i'm corrupt too. can that get a free house there?
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by Destined2win: 9:14am On Apr 12, 2016
tellwisdom:
Where did you get this outrageous figure from?
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by Destined2win: 9:15am On Apr 12, 2016
E remain small, na banana island I go build cool
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by tellwisdom: 9:18am On Apr 12, 2016
Destined2win:

Its an undisputed fact. You can make your findings to matchup my claim
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by thesicilian: 9:20am On Apr 12, 2016
Destined2win:
Nigerians like throwing figures around. They are mostly ignorant of the fact that behind every authentic figure are months & sometimes years of research and analyses. Here you just see 40% this or 95% that without even a single thought given to it... smh

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by MaziOmenuko: 9:53am On Apr 12, 2016
tellwisdom:

Una go dey pull out statistics from una left nyash.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by DaBullIT(m): 9:56am On Apr 12, 2016
You never corrupt do

You for no dey beg free house

Corrupt more grin grin grin
Justycxx:
i'm corrupt too. can that get a free house there?

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by billyoung: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2016
Destined2win:
He pulled it out his ass
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by Destined2win: 10:35am On Apr 12, 2016
billyoung:

He pulled it out his ass
grin
Re: Why You Shouldn’t Move To The Island If You Are Not A Drug Baron, Corrupt Politi by Destined2win: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2016
tellwisdom:

Its an undisputed fact. You can make your findings to matchup my claim
I ain't making any finding. If having mansions on the island will label me 'corrupt', then let me be 'corrupt'.

(1) (Reply)

I Never Heard The Word "Padding" Until This Year - Buhari / Subsidy Debate / Pic; Pensioners & Civil Servants Protesting Over Non-payment Of 5months Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.