Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger (681 Views)

Please What Does Sharing A Comment Mean/do? / Omg:see What Was Shared On Facebook As A Comment / How To Add Links To Nairaland Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by haconjy(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2016
By simply looking at the number of comments appearing for a post on a blog, one can simply tell how popular that post is. The more the comment count, the more interesting and eye catching the post will be to newer visitor who are simply looking for posts to read in a blog that others consider as interesting and helpful. By default, Blogger displays the comment count in a blog immediately after the post. This means that a visitor will have to go through the post or simply scroll to the bottom of the post to know the number of visitors that have left a comment on the post.

The major aim of a good blogger is to make sure he/she meets up with the expectations of his/her blog visitors. Adding a comment count to your blog posts is an alternative way of letting your blog visitors know which post other visitors find interesting and so are more engaged in. In this post, I am going to show you guys how to add the comment count icon next to your posts title so that it will be one of the first things visitors will see once they visit your blog and want to view a post.
To add this to awesome feature to your Blogger blog, simply follow the steps below;

Login to your Blogger Dashboard .
Go to Template >>> Edit HTML .
Click anywhere inside the Edit HTML page and with the help of Ctrl + F , search for
]]></b:skin>

Copy the CSS codes below and paste just above/before the ]]></b:skin>
.easytins-commenticon {
float: right;
width: 48px;
height: 48px;
background: url(http://1.bp..com/-qSdsACw80UM/VEZYAFWSKCI/AAAAAAAACvI/b-GLgFXOxpw/s1600/easytins_commenticon.png) no-repeat;
font-size: 18px;
float: right;
margin-top: -15px;
margin-right: 2px;
text-align: center;
position: float;
text-align: center;
}
Next search for
<b:if cond='data:post'>

When you search for
<b:if cond='data:post'>
in your template's code, you might get more than one of it. All you need to do is locate the one that has <h2 class='post-title entry-title' itemprop='name headline'> above it.

Copy the code snippet below and paste just above/before the <b:if cond='data:post'> code i.e. in between <b:if cond='data:post'> and <h2 class='post-title entry-title' itemprop='name headline'> in your blog's template HTML codes .

<b:if cond='data:post.allowComments'>
<a class='easytins-commenticon' expr:href='data:post.addCommentUrl' expr:onclick='data:post.addCommentOnclick'><data:post.numComments/></a>
</b:if>

Finally click on Save Template and you are done.
For questions relating to this post, kindly use the comment box below. For other questions not related to this topic, simply use the Contact Us link to send me a personal message which I will respond to as soon I get the message.

if not so clear to you, visit
www.themafrica..com
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by BossDanniee(m): 10:42am On Apr 12, 2016
Visit And Comment On ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by waltermeyer: 12:30pm On Mar 16, 2020
A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up flyttstädning leksand
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by waltermeyer: 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2020
Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing check here
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by waltermeyer: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2020
pleasant post, stay aware of this fascinating work. It truly regards realize that this subject is being secured likewise on this site so cheers for setting aside time to talk about this! lynda streaming course free
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by Salatavor: 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2020
Very insighful post.

Computerized Diagnosis and Professional Vehicle Repairs in Abuja @
CarFix Vehicle Solutions Workshop
Address: 34B Katampe Rd, beside Daylight Complex & Platinum Plaza, Kado, Jahi1
Phone: 0810 066 1236
Appointments: https://carfix.ng

We are currently offering 40% off all Automobile Air Condition Services.
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by ColtonAngel: 2:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. Foxy bingo
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by ColtonAngel: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
In this video I will tell you a method to download ShutterStock images without watermark online. Using this method you can download ShutterStock images for free. So watch the video and download from ShutterStock without watermark 2020.Subscribe my channel and click the bell icon for more amazing videos.. shutterstock images without watermark
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by ColtonAngel: 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. provacyl GNC
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by ColtonAngel: 8:10am On Jun 06, 2020
This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually, the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff. Bilder fürs Büro
Re: How To Add A Comment Icon Beside Posts Title In Blogger by ColtonAngel: 8:57am On Jun 06, 2020
We are a Canadian cannabis brand based out of British Columbia that sources, produces, and distributes the highest quality THC & CBD products for clients all across Canada buy weed online

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:cbn Takes Over Skyebank / Tension In NLNG As Eafarer's Wages Are Cut By 50%. Office Staff Salaries Increas / Success Recorded In Exploration Of Oil In North As British Firm Steps In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.