Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation (23949 Views)

Buhari Personally Negotiated Lagos-calabar Rail Project Funding – Osinbajo / Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by ObinnaIzuora: 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
Firefire:
APC and her many melodrama. - SMH

Nigeria will surely get back on the right track... just one day and soon.

Shalom!

This thread is not for you, go and join your fellow kids in the kiddies section where you can scream PDP and APC. Unpatriotic paid kid.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by specimenC: 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
dechriscool:
Bravo,this was supposed to be the catch.Create a confusion among them to occupy them with it.Pitch members of the house among themselves and the people against the representatives at the national assembly.Why the sufferings of no light,no fuel will be forgoting.That not withstanding,the incompetence of this adminstraction stings.
What border me most is abinito non inclusion of the Lagos-calabar rail line project even when there was opportunity to include it after the dissapperance of the budget.GEJ had these projects in mind before leaving office.So the idea was at the public domain waiting to be utilized.That of Lagos-kano was not forgoting in error but Lagos-calabar was hurriedly omitted in error.
Somebody must be blamed for every executive nonchalant,incompetence,lack of direction and,adminstractive inadequacies.
The national assembly members from the south-south and south-east are supposed to box their northern counterpart to make them include the rail project that was abinitio not included into the budget.The south west wouldn't benefit from the project thus are absolved of their involvement in the struggle for the coastal rail project.By extention,the south west suppose to have a dual benefit from the projects.since it will linked their region to the north (Lagos-kano rail line) and the south south and south east.(Lagos-calabar rail line)
When we learn to stand up and face the Dragon confronting us.Then we will learn to be liberated from this CHAIN adminstraction.
The southern part of this geographical entity call Nigeria are the worst hit by this divisive tendency of the northerners.This is a deliberate attempt to continue to Lord over them. (the southerners )

The way you guys talk about northerners sometime make one start wondering, is it not the same north people say are backward, lack reasoning...how come you portray them here as some political geniuses. I thought they are mumu walai.
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by mapet: 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:
@ Tonye Barcanista thank you your partly objective write up. Even though your partisanship prevented you from being 100% objective

I dont know why you ignore Niger delta senators and house of rep members in your knock list. I blame our Niger Delta Senators the most in this saga. They are even more guilty than the appropriation committee. The role of senators is to represent thier region and constituency in national discuss. For something as important as Budget, our senators were suppose to take it very seriously. They were suppose to be up and doing in looking at the Budget b4 them and how it affects the people they represent. It is even thier job to lobby the NASS to add things that were not in the budget
that will benefit thier region. NASS has constitutional power to add and to remove items in the Budget. But it is the role of our Senators and house of rep members from Niger Delta to ensure this power of NASS is used to our favour and not against us.

Actually, what the Northern senators did could be seen as people doing their true Job as senators. which is to represent the interest of thier region. they saw a loophole knowing fully well the senators representing us are docile, they took full advantage of it.

However, I dont think the floating 54billion naira is an accident in Ministry of Transportation budget. The money is too close to what is needed for lagos-calabar rail to be by accident. I think the Calabar - lagos rail was already planned to be in the budget submitted to the NASS. But was mistakenly absent as item but was present in the total sum.

There is no way Rotimi Amaechi will be defending that project before the Senate without full Buhari approval. Also if the project was not very important to the president, I dont see how the president will delay his assent to a budget because of an Item he doesnt care about. However for the initial omission, the presidency deserve some blame. But atleast they tried to remedy it.

In addition, aside from the limited objectivity on TonyeBarcanista's part, some facts are sacred and have been twisted
1. The Erroenours (call it padded) was withdrawn, corrections (ammendements) made. These ammendments were sent by the budget office to the various committees. This was based on the agreement between the joint house and the presidency. The Budget Office has released a statement confirming that Cal-Lag rail line was part of the ammendment it sent to the committee on transport and committee on appropriation.
2. Amaechi when defending the budget to both committees highlighted to those ammendments. He specifically mentioned the Cal-Lag rail lines, state specifically the routes

From the above, Goje and Jibrin reference to the original budget is not only disingenous, but in bad faith. I shudder to ask, why is Goje and Jibrin, trying to hide under the "padded-budget" excuse? Are the two telling us that they were not aware of the ammendments? when Amaechi presented it at the committees, did they raise any objection? why didn't they say ahead that they were not going to recongnise the ammendments

Also, it shows that most of the Senators and HOReps were oblivious of the details of the budget and worse still were unconcerned. Imagine, Ben Bruce's excuse was to refer to a tweet by budgetIT? All the Senators whose constituencies are along the Cal-Lag route did not even offer any form of assistance or resistance. The presidency had taken its blame on the padded budget, but this time the presidency has no blame. Why the Jibrin and Goje send the budget to the presidency without sharing it with their colleagues in the committee, then later appologise to them with the excuse of time constraints? why did Jibrin send text, alerting his committee members to be ready in anticipation of PMB's refusal to sign the budget, to be ready to resist the FG.......

I can't even imagine why anybody will see altruistic intent in Goje's and Jibrin's version of the budget. How they conveniently rerouted the claimed N57b to useless and senseless projects in the North (Keke Napep, Vaccines, Solar Street lights etc), the normal route to fleece funds out unchecked.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by mapet: 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
funlord:
undecided

Dis ijaw igbo man must always look for any sort of opportunity to wail! As soon as I saw buharis name in the mini epistle as the 1st person to receive knocks and some claims of bias as regards to south south projects at the tail end? I just knew where dis guy dey waka go as usual!

And why are there no knocks for your _stupid south south politicians who are busy watching as their regions projects are relegated to the background by other regions members with little or no protests from them? Or are they witing till xmas to fight for your rights? Or are they only in abuja to womanise, loot and drink? Ponce!!!

**exhales marijuana all over the o.p's face**

Honestly I wonder myself. He's just chasing the shadows
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by mapet: 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2016
teadrake:

TonyeBarcanista: :
There is no record to show that the project was "originally' budgeted for. Instead, record shows that the step by Amaechi was a after thought. If Buhari was sincere he would have formally requested that the project be added and the process was not through Ashafa.
I totally disagree with you here.
You claimed the project was not originally included,any substantial prove on that?No!!Only media gesture.
As I learnt one of the core issues that resulted to PMB trip to China is this rail contract and handling.
Secondly,you claimed PMB was not sincere?In what context exactly?So,the provision of supplementary which Amaechi submitted was directly not assented by the President?

It does not add up. That is the danger on conjectures and not staying on facts
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
Nothing personal O.[/quote]

wot can b more personal than ur post? U are the joke of the year dude!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by Beeman1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
truthspeaks:
Bros leave d messenger n check out d message. Infact, post ur own let's see hw useful it is.
Ok wait I dey come.
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by cynosure489: 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2016
Those senators be shooting themselves in the foot to say a ministry's budget has float worth billions - the same amount earmarked for the Cal-Lag rail.

Critical thinking told me that perharps amechi and the FG, new in this business, had failed to keep evidence of the fact that it is supposed to be part the first document, and knowing that it had been tempared with by what they call "padding", had to bring it up again. If not, what would float worth billions be doing in a ministry's budget?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by adanny01(m): 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
There is no record to show that the project was "originally' budgeted for. Instead, record shows that the step by Amaechi was a after thought. If Buhari was sincere he would have formally requested that the project be added and the process was not through Ashafa.

How would you explain over N50B hanging purposelessly in the transport ministry's budget that the senators thought wise to move around. The money was there for a purpose but you chose the only option that would allow you knock Buhari.

The senators are just trying to defend themselves from the back lash.

Buhari would have had no problem signing the budget without the project, it was important to him no matter how you feel about it.
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by osic(m): 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
Chalatanace:
You call this news?
This is a news
Dear MTN users, BBLITED is back

please help me with the settings o, I don suffer since them block am
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by Walexsammy(m): 11:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
Beeman1:
If u like insult or curse me na u sabi. What I said is the bitter truth,no one takes u or your analysis serious anymore cause I never see anyone in my entire life who has no single dignity like you. Nothing personal O.
ofcuz he didn't curse u, he only asked a question which u can jst answer Y/N
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by focus7: 12:05am On Apr 13, 2016
Bacarnista I disagree with your post. Let the bigot and the hate game continue, let reject and condemn anything that emanate from Buhari and Amaechi, let's put all our weight in support of Saraki, Dogara, Goje, Jibrin, Ben Bruce and everyone that helps in discrediting Buhari administration. It does not really mater if the SE and The SS is decaying while other regions records development. Remember that if accept Buhari/Amaechi project in the SE/SS it will bring the Hero Jonathan to shame for not bringing any development to that region for six years o.
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by basilo101: 12:28am On Apr 13, 2016
tuale4u:
@ Tonye Barcanista thank you your partly objective write up. Even though your partisanship prevented you from being 100% objective

I dont know why you ignore Niger delta senators and house of rep members in your knock list. I blame our Niger Delta Senators the most in this saga. They are even more guilty than the appropriation committee. The role of senators is to represent thier region and constituency in national discuss. For something as important as Budget, our senators were suppose to take it very seriously. They were suppose to be up and doing in looking at the Budget b4 them and how it affects the people they represent. It is even thier job to lobby the NASS to add things that were not in the budget
that will benefit thier region. NASS has constitutional power to add and to remove items in the Budget. But it is the role of our Senators and house of rep members from Niger Delta to ensure this power of NASS is used to our favour and not against us.

Actually, what the Northern senators did could be seen as people doing their true Job as senators. which is to represent the interest of thier region. they saw a loophole knowing fully well the senators representing us are docile, they took full advantage of it.

However, I dont think the floating 54billion naira is an accident in Ministry of Transportation budget. The money is too close to what is needed for lagos-calabar rail to be by accident. I think the Calabar - lagos rail was already planned to be in the budget submitted to the NASS. But was mistakenly absent as item but was present in the total sum.

There is no way Rotimi Amaechi will be defending that project before the Senate without full Buhari approval. Also if the project was not very important to the president, I dont see how the president will delay his assent to a budget because of an Item he doesnt care about. However for the initial omission, the presidency deserve some blame. But atleast they tried to remedy it.

addition from a nairalander

You and your nonsense niger delta always. The project is easier to reakise ubder southern solidarity. Lagos-kano line didn't touch north east but they all see a northern project first. That's why the treated your myopic niger delta nonsense as garbage and you all over the place crying up and down even choosing the cheao escape route if blaming igbos sometimes
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by jagojunior(m): 1:30am On Apr 13, 2016
mapet:

In addition, aside from the limited objectivity on TonyeBarcanista's part, some facts are sacred and have been twisted
1. The Erroenours (call it padded) was withdrawn, corrections (ammendements) made. These ammendments were sent by the budget office to the various committees. This was based on the agreement between the joint house and the presidency. The Budget Office has released a statement confirming that Cal-Lag rail line was part of the ammendment it sent to the committee on transport and committee on appropriation.
2. Amaechi when defending the budget to both committees highlighted to those ammendments. He specifically mentioned the Cal-Lag rail lines, state specifically the routes

From the above, Goje and Jibrin reference to the original budget is not only disingenous, but in bad faith. I shudder to ask, why is Goje and Jibrin, trying to hide under the "padded-budget" excuse? Are the two telling us that they were not aware of the ammendments? when Amaechi presented it at the committees, did they raise any objection? why didn't they say ahead that they were not going to recongnise the ammendments

Also, it shows that most of the Senators and HOReps were oblivious of the details of the budget and worse still were unconcerned. Imagine, Ben Bruce's excuse was to refer to a tweet by budgetIT? All the Senators whose constituencies are along the Cal-Lag route did not even offer any form of assistance or resistance. The presidency had taken its blame on the padded budget, but this time the presidency has no blame. Why the Jibrin and Goje send the budget to the presidency without sharing it with their colleagues in the committee, then later appologise to them with the excuse of time constraints? why did Jibrin send text, alerting his committee members to be ready in anticipation of PMB's refusal to sign the budget, to be ready to resist the FG.......

I can't even imagine why anybody will see altruistic intent in Goje's and Jibrin's version of the budget. How they conveniently rerouted the claimed N57b to useless and senseless projects in the North (Keke Napep, Vaccines, Solar Street lights etc), the normal route to fleece funds out unchecked.

Check this:

If the SS & SE representatives mean well for their region then they should have raised dust immediately they saw in the initial budget that provision was made for kano-Lagos Rail lines while none whatsoever was made for their region. They should have been the ones negotiating through Amaechi's Office to include the Cal-Lag Rail lines in the amendments and work together with him to lobby their colleagues in accepting and capturing it in the budget sent to the President.

But a situation where bitterness and pull-down syndrome now lords over "common sense" will make such representatives from the region shamefully curse and defend the undefendable. After all, it's the "prodigal son" that will take the glory if APC administration succeeds in their region. Yet they preach "common sense" from their high horses. A clear case of a make-up artiste that abhors the mirror.

Yes, the North have tried to outsmart the South which has been made very clear by the "prodigal son" from the South. Is it not time for the representatives from the south to bury their hatchets, commend their "prodigal son", and work together to see to it that this Cal-Lag Rail project is not only included in the budget but implemented to the latter?

There is only but a thin line between Politics and Unionism. The North know how to identify this line but the South, it's all about Politics, damn Unionism.
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by ogmaskman: 1:40am On Apr 13, 2016
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=44632592]There is no record to show that the project was "originally' budgeted for. Instead, record shows that the step by Amaechi was a after thought. If Buhari was sincere he would have formally requested that the project be added and the process was not through Ashafa.[/quotel]

I think the budget office has put paid to your assertion that it was an afterthought. Recall that the amended budget was sent straight to the various committees by the executive. Amaechi only went there to defend what was submitted by the executive. It is out of this world that Amaechi will submit a supplementary budget to just the land transport committee. They wont accept it if Amaechi had been the one who made the amendment. Pls do some more findings on this issue.
Those who reallocated the funds and the southern senators who allowed them are the real enemies of the Niger delta and Nigeria.
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by Babacele: 5:38am On Apr 13, 2016
Abagworo:
Amaechi built road linking Opobo to upland with dozens of bridges but it has been swept under the carpet as nothing. No Governor in history of Rivers State and the entire South south has achieved 50% of Amaechi's accomplishments. If Wike can achieve 10% he will be honoured greatly.
say it again baby! I'm afraid when karma pays SS in its chosen coin, hmmm. u can't reject a good man n think evil won't befall you because Nature has no time for no vacuum. With all the seeming education n so called SS enlightenment, they allow evil from a selected greedy elite to become a regional etho. I can only say God bless Amaechi!
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by amicable09(f): 5:52am On Apr 13, 2016
Babacele:
say it again baby! I'm afraid when karma pays SS in its chosen coin, hmmm. u can't reject a good man n think evil won't befall you because Nature has no time for no vacuum. With all the seeming education n so called SS enlightenment, they allow evil from a selected greedy elite to become a regional etho. I can only say God bless Amaechi!
Lol.
Babacele have you been to Rivers State? How can you agree to that post that Wike won't be able to do 10% of what Amaechi did? I'm not a politician but I know Wike is working and he will beat Ameachi's record. Come down to Rivers now and see real work on ground, forget the papers... seeing is believing.
Re: Lagos-calabar Rail Project: Those Worthy Of Knocks And Those For Commendation by mapet: 9:37am On Apr 13, 2016
jagojunior:

Check this:

If the SS & SE representatives mean well for their region then they should have raised dust immediately they saw in the initial budget that provision was made for kano-Lagos Rail lines while none whatsoever was made for their region. They should have been the ones negotiating through Amaechi's Office to include the Cal-Lag Rail lines in the amendments and work together with him to lobby their colleagues in accepting and capturing it in the budget sent to the President.

But a situation where bitterness and pull-down syndrome now lords over "common sense" will make such representatives from the region shamefully curse and defend the undefendable. After all, it's the "prodigal son" that will take the glory if APC administration succeeds in their region. Yet they preach "common sense" from their high horses. A clear case of a make-up artiste that abhors the mirror.

Yes, the North have tried to outsmart the South which has been made very clear by the "prodigal son" from the South. Is it not time for the representatives from the south to bury their hatchets, commend their "prodigal son", and work together to see to it that this Cal-Lag Rail project is not only included in the budget but implemented to the latter?

There is only but a thin line between Politics and Unionism. The North know how to identify this line but the South, it's all about Politics, damn Unionism.

Thank you Bro. You're so on point. SE and SS senators / HORs are seemingly in office and don't know what they ought to deliver for their people. Worse still folks from these regions are rationalising this and trying to blame FG. Imagine TonyeBarcanista still find it convenient to pass a bulk to Buhari, who obviously is meticulous enough to call for the inclusion than a Ben Bruce whose defense is to quote Budget IT tweet or Akpabio whose silence is so deafening....

The truth is the padding of the budget is in the 2nd phase by the Senate and HOR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Return: Cabinet Reshuffle, SGF, NIA DG Appointments Top Agenda / Wike’s Man, Sudor Nwiyor Dumps PDP, Moves To APC / 3 Policemen Dismissed For Firing Shots While Hyping Musician In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.