Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President (847 Views)

I Am Ready To Restructure EFCC When I Become Nigerian President – Fayose Says / Social Media Promoting Tribalism In Nigeria – Garba Shehu / Blessing Agbomhere: Oshiomhole Will Land In Jail If I Become Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President by Princedapace(m): 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
This is how I'll kill tribalism in Nigeria when i become a president smiley

Since the country has vowed never to separate and has vowed never to encourage regionalism beccus of oil money...no worry, God will judge all these leaders! Regionalism will weaken the centre and many states will collapse (but seriously, that is good...such states will seek for alternatives instead of waiting for oil money and will make it easier for electorates to hold their respective state leaders accountable for poor governance instead of the central govt)

Now: back to the issue:

1. I will begin a policy that will see that in the next 50 years, no one will ever speak indigenous language in the country...we should all speak English since British brought this doom upon us! This will eliminate the 'I am from so so part of the country syndrome'. If you speak any of the indigenous languages, you will go to jail for life!

2. No one should ever bear an indigenous name again...we should all bear English names and no more religious related names! Practice ur religion in your respective homes!
3. All the states in Nigeria must change their names including Nigeria...we should all bear westernised names... (I just want to eliminate tribalism...our citizens should just forget where they came from and always remember they are from Nigeria only smiley )
4. No more filling of state of origin in application forms or any type of form at all. We should fill; Nigeria (though this country must change her name during my leadership)
5. No more history as a subject in primary and secondary schools or in universities. I will consult professionals to roll out subjects and courses that will install 'i love my country syndrome.' This will be a deliberate move to make people love the country and can always say 'I can die for my country'. No more stories about the civil war etc.
6. I will employ new secret police men (these secret police men will all be foreigners) who will constantly check kids to know if they are taught history related subjects or occurrences from their various homes. If we get to find out that kids are getting such lessons or they have hidden indigenous names, my secret police men will fetch their parents and off they will go to jail for years.
7. Within that period of this policy, I'll do everything possible to encourage inter state/region marriages and discourage intra state/region marriage through financial and national rewards for such couples..
8. The governors of each state must not come from that state! this will be a must. After every tenure of any governor, a public poll carried out online will be carried out and any governor who didnt meet the cut off mark (a way of determining a governor who performed very well) will surely go to jail for life! The cut off mark will be 95%...if you're scared, pls, dont contest to head any state in the country. No one should contest in his state of birth. Go and contest in another state.
9. No more federal character....no more, no more.
I will hand over power when i see that my people no longer have root except that of Nigeria! When the new generation dont even know anything about ethnic groups, major languages in the country except English language and history.

Tribalism has really finished this country and to hell with tribalism. I went to do my National ID card in Ibadan and I was queuing o, when it was almost my turn, the man attending to us, whispered to his colleague that I am an igbo person (my self), that they should jump me...like play like play, they wanted to jump and pass me in order to attend to others who were busy speaking yoruba... the usual me dont take trash...i threatened to write against them and asked them if they knew my personality and what I can to them all. I made noise, I disturbed everyone. they became scared and attended to me. Can u imagine?

hehehehehehehe...Na joke I dey joke o

1 Like

Re: How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President by VictorRomanov: 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
But seriously, this issue could have been solved once and for all after the civil war. How? Simple. After the wall, Gowon would have done what the Assyrians did to their captives: Transplant them! Carry people from the middle belt and move and mix them with the people in the west, carry people from the west and move and mix them with people the north, carry people from the north and move them to the east, etc. After 50 yrs or more no one would remember their village. The language would change also.

1 Like

Re: How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President by dkronicle(m): 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
There will be a good result tho, but ur techniques is the highest form of dictatorship.

1 Like

Re: How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President by babadee1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
VictorRomanov:
But seriously, this issue could have been solved once and for all after the civil war. How? Simple. After the wall, Gowon would have done what the Assyrians did to their captives: Transplant them! Carry people from the middle belt and move and mix them with the people in the west, carry people from the west and move and mix them with people the north, carry people from the north and move them to the east, etc. After 50 yrs or more no one would remember their village. The language would change also.

You cannot transplant people within a country. Especially not one as small as Nigeria. The Assyrians controlled a global empire, they could move people to very far away places from where they would not be able to return.

1 Like

Re: How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President by VictorRomanov: 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
babadee1:

You cannot transplant people within a country. Especially not one as small as Nigeria. The Assyrians controlled a global empire, they could move people to very far away places from where they would not be able to return.

You cannot completely be sure. It was a military era and it could be enforced.

1 Like

Re: How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President by jmichlins(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2016
Just the thought of you erasing our identity made me stop reading your thread. How can we stop speaking our traditional language and names? Just regional government and making science focal point will be enough to rid us of ethinic troubles
Re: How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President by Princedapace(m): 1:09pm On Apr 12, 2016
jmichlins:
Just the thought of you erasing our identity made me stop reading your thread. How can we stop speaking our traditional language and names? Just regional government and making science focal point will be enough to rid us of ethinic troubles

Lolz
I said it initially that since the govt has refused to practice regional based government, my absolute dictorial leadership will be the next option.

This country knows that regional governmet will favour the country but they will never ever do it. All beccus of oil. Every region should go and hustle on their own...when there is no more oil, im very sure states will hustle for alternatives....if we cant regionalise, then my option will be applied....

it seems the only language Nigeria understands is dictatorship.
Re: How I'll Kill Tribalism In Nigeria When I Become The President by jmichlins(m): 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
Princedapace:

Lolz
I said it initially that since the govt has refused to practice regional based government, my absolute dictorial leadership will be the next option.

This country knows that regional governmet will favour the country but they will never ever do it. All beccus of oil. Every region should go and hustle on their own...when there is no more oil, im very sure states will hustle for alternatives....if we cant regionalise, then my option will be applied....

it seems the only language Nigeria understands is dictatorship.
what you are doing is just ethnic cleansing. Our diversity is our area of strength forget this yoruba igbo trouble. You want to know we are one united country? Let south africa or ghana insult us. Our situation can be likened to siblings rivalary where they fight and jointly fight off their enemies and then go back inside to continue their fight

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2016 Budget: At Last, Presidency, National Assembly Reach Truce / FG Begins With Preparation Of 2017 Budget / List Of President Buhari's 29 Foreign Trips Since May 29, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.