Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,194 members, 7,849,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments (27254 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / JAMB List Of Approved CBT Centres For 2018 UTME Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SammieJayh(m): 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
jmichael259:

okay my point really is that he will be admitted if his results are okay and he has the funds as required. He should focus and smash the post utme as he did the utme

i think landmark and covenant are owned by same organisation. I also suggested Redeemers and Babcock because they are similar as to how they are run. Schools owned by notable big churches try their best to give quality educational services and good morality even though they are over cagey most times leading some to drop out or live a rebel life when they get the chance to go out. alternatively you still have outstanding albeit expensive quality in the likes of American university of nigeria yola and Baze university abuja

cheers he will make it through

Redeemers and Babcock don't offer engineering courses yet.

1 Like

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SammieJayh(m): 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
Since the new session is starting in August, his results would be out before then. Wishing him the best in his O level exams.

I'm just hoping to get the admission this year by God's Grace.
At least I'll not have to deal with strikes, sadistic lecturers and epileptic power supply...
My graduation date is predictable from resumption...

I've already prepared my statement of purpose in anticipation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SpoiltVirgin: 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2018
SammieJayh:

Just pass CUSAS and he has no worries...

Sales of form will commence from March 29th...
thanks he will be the first to buy it.
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SoldierBoy1(m): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
SammieJayh:

I'm just hoping to get the admission this year by God's Grace.
At least I'll not have to deal with strikes, sadistic lecturers and epileptic power supply...
My graduation date is predictable from resumption...

I've already prepared my statement of purpose in anticipation.
You would Bro by God's grace, nice one you have a statement of purpose on ground already. Is it Landmark or Covenant you want to go and which course Bro?
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by beautyhound(m): 3:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
Chikita66:
So Gregory university uturu is approved, This just reminded me of Gregory university admission wey dem give me, no be say I apply for the school lolzz.

Hello cute smile...
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
beautyhound:

Hello cute smile...
Hi?
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by Cool83(m): 4:18pm On Mar 13, 2018
Machiavelli1:
Crawford University Ketu Adie-Owe, Ado-Odo/Ota L.G.A Ogun State.
it is igbesa, you can't do anything about it
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by sangresan(m): 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
One would have expected those who claim they are "more" educated to have the highest number of private universities established in either Imo,Anambra or Enugu...

1 Like

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by sagaciousblog: 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2018
theAccountant:

is this a joke? a school were students can't get carryover because they will just come and write it again during Summer.
A bunch of empty headed rich kids and yahoo boys
how does that change the fact that it's the first private university?
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by Topmaike007(m): 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2018
Meti99:
And who says obasanjo no work for Nigeria?
His inception to power brings communication networks, establishment of private universities in Nigeria, he had the best cabinet of ministers in Nigeria history, he produced Dora Akwuyili, ngozi okonjo iweala, el rufai, soludo, ezekwesili, efcc was active, etc.

bro who ask u,we knw dat obj tried.
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SammieJayh(m): 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2018
SpoiltVirgin:
thanks he will be the first to buy it.

Not if I get it first... wink grin

1 Like

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SammieJayh(m): 4:57pm On Mar 13, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
You would Bro by God's grace, nice one you have a statement of purpose on ground already. Is it Landmark or Covenant you want to go and which course Bro?

Covenant is my first choice while Landmark is second.
I'm applying for Elect/elect.
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by Ladi4barce: 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
For ECONOMICS and LAW in CRESCENT UNIVERSITY, ABEOKUTA. I SALUTE!!!
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2018
school is not for average ppl
kingzjay:
How many averaged person in Nigeria can afford to send their wards there? Meanwhile some of them exist only on pages of papers.

The more reason public schools are in shambles.....

1 Like

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by sniperr007(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
No Bro, in Landmark University and Covenant University, it's based on merit. Once his post utme and O level is good, he's in for the course. Have a great day Bro.

Lies from the pit of hell.

Pastors or official in the school influences admission.
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
eleojo23:
So private universities plenty like this? shocked
asinnnn eh..dem don almost plenty pass gwament own
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2018
how many federal secondary or primary schools can compete with private ones
even in america harvard and co are private unis
debolayinka:
So many federal universities can't even compete with some of these private unis.

1 Like

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by HigherEd: 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
SammieJayh:

Good choice! I am 1000% sure you would get both of them. Just choose the one you feel would be comfortable for u.
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SammieJayh(m): 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2018
HigherEd:

Good choice! I am 1000% sure you would get both of them. Just choose the one you feel would be comfortable for u.

Amen, thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by Nobody: 4:52am On Mar 14, 2018
sagaciousblog:
how does that change the fact that it's the first private university?
It doesnt smiley
It doesn't just merit the list.
Only send your child there if you want to waste millions of Naira on someone that will turn out to be an NFA
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by Deezie101: 5:52am On Mar 14, 2018
Happy Students week

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by igbanbajo(m): 6:11am On Mar 14, 2018
abeyraj:
This publication contains a comprehensive list of Private Universities in Nigeria approved by the National University Commission as at the year 2016/2017. The list is compiled in a serial order according to the year they were founded and establishment by different Private Individuals, Private Organizations, Private Business owners, Entrepreneurs, Churches, Mosques, etc. across Nigeria. This specific list is to support students, lecturers, researchers, parents and guardians any part of the Nigerian states that intends to apply for any of the Universities/Institutions to know the approved and accredited courses offered by these schools.

PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA – APPROVED BY NUC
S/N PRIVATE INSTITUTION YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENS.

1. Babcock University, Ilishan Remo 1999
2. Madonna University, Okija 1999
3. Igbinedion University, Okada 1999
4. Bowen University, Iwo 2001
5. Convenant University, Ota 2002
6. Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos 2002
7. Benson Idahosa University, Benin City 2002
8. American University of Nigeria, Yola 2003
9. Redeemers University, Ede, Osun State 2005
10. Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo 2005
11. Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin 2005
12. Caritas University, Amorji-Nke, Enugu 2005
13. CETEP City University, Lagos 2005
14. Bingham University, Auta-Balefi, Karu, Nasarawa state. 2005
15. Al-Qalam University, Katsina 2005
16. Renaisance University, Enugu 2005
17. Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State 2005
18. Leads City University, Ibadan, Oyo State 2005
19. Crawford University, Igbesa, Ogun State 2005
20. Kwararafa University, Wukari (formerly Wukari Jubilee University). 2005
21. Crescent University, Abeokuta 2005
22. Novena University, Ogume, Delta State 2005
23. Universiity of Mkar, Mkar 2005
24. Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeja-Arakeji, Osun State. 2006
25. Caleb University, Lagos 2007
26. Fountain University, Osogbo 2007
27. Obong University, Obong Ntak 2007
28. Salem University, Lokoja 2007
29. Tansian University, Umunya, Anambra State 2007
30. Veritas University, Abuja 2007
31. Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo 2007
32. Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State 2007
33. The Achievers University, Owo 2007
34. African University of Science & Technology, Abuja 2007
35. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State 2009
36. Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuoma-Nike, Enugu State. 2009
37. Nigerian Turkish Nile University, Abuja 2009
38. Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State 2009
39. Paul University, Awka, Anambra State 2009
40. Rhema University, Obeama-Asa, River state 2009
41. Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa, Edo State 2009
42. Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State 2011
43. Baze University, Abuja 2011
44. Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State 2011
45. Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State 2011
46. Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State 2012
47. Evangel University, Akaeze, Ebonyi State 2012
48. Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State 2012
49. McPherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo, Ogun State. 2012
50. Southwestern University, Okun Owa, Ogun State 2012
51. Augustine University, Ilara, Lagos state 2015
52. Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State 2015
53. Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State 2015
54. Hallmark University, Ijebu, Itele, Ogun State 2015
55. Kings University, Ode Omu, Osun State 2015
56. Michael and Cecilia Ibru University, Owhrode, Delta State 2015
57. Mountain Top University, Ogun State 2015
58. Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State 2015
59. Summit University, Offa, Kwara State 2015
60. Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta state 2015
61. Hezekiah University, Umudi,, Imo State

www.goodbooksafrica.com/2016/02/list-of-approved-private-universities.html?m=1
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2018
sniperr007:

Lies from the pit of hell.

Pastors or official in the school influences admission.
Good morning Bro, I don't know where you got this opinion, but to me as a student in Living Faith's university , admissions so far have been fair and based on merit We have lots of students from various congregations who have never attended Living Faith. Have a great day Bro
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:40am On Mar 14, 2018
SammieJayh:

You're good to go Bro. Wishing you the best.
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by amnotapervert(m): 8:22am On Mar 14, 2018
#FakeNews what is the name of the university..??
Caustics:
that was how my ogas son wasted 7 years doing medicine in an unaccredited private school only to come out with a useless certificate

1 Like

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by sniperr007(m): 9:12am On Mar 14, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
Good morning Bro, I don't know where you got this opinion, but to me as a student in Living Faith's university , admissions so far have been fair and based on merit We have lots of students from various congregations who have never attended Living Faith. Have a great day Bro

That u not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Can call names here but I am aware of 3 people from cu who a particular too official in the school influenced their admission.
They missed 1st batch of admission and when they went to meet that official. He made sure they were in the second batch but for one person. They gave him physics not engineering mayb cos his grades were not good enough.
This same thing happened in all private universities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SoldierBoy1(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2018
sniperr007:

That u not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Can call names here but I am aware of 3 people from cu who a particular too official in the school influenced their admission.
They missed 1st batch of admission and when they went to meet that official. He made sure they were in the second batch but for one person. They gave him physics not engineering mayb cos his grades were not good enough.
This same thing happened in all private universities in Nigeria.
The thing is, if you're qualified for the course you applied for, surely you won't be denied admission even without knowing anybody. And as for the case of giving different course to the candidate, it happens when the requirements for a particular course aren't met but are met for another course, so the school gives the candidate a course his/her credentials meet the requirements..... But if you're talking of a case of giving a candidate that isn't qualified at all admission due to some personal connections, no matter how transparent the management of an institution tries to be, there would always be people ready to sabotage their efforts. But on the general level, once you're qualified, you don't need extra connections for admission. Have a great day Bro.

1 Like

Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by sniperr007(m): 2:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
SoldierBoy1:
The thing is, if you're qualified for the course you applied for, surely you won't be denied admission even without knowing anybody. And as for the case of giving different course to the candidate, it happens when the requirements for a particular course aren't met but are met for another course, so the school gives the candidate a course his/her credentials meet the requirements..... But if you're talking of a case of giving a candidate that isn't qualified at all admission due to some personal connections, no matter how transparent the management of an institution tries to be, there would always be people ready to sabotage their efforts. But on the general level, once you're qualified, you don't need extra connections for admission. Have a great day Bro.
They didn't pass reasons they used the man to get in.
Remember that this stuff of giving admission to people not qualified happens in Harvard so don't think cu is run by saints
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by SoldierBoy1(m): 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
sniperr007:

They didn't pass reasons they used the man to get in.
Remember that this stuff of giving admission to people not qualified happens in Harvard so don't think cu is run by saints
Bro I already said no matter how a system tries to be transparent, there would always be people ready to sabotage things. Anyways have a great day and a nice week
Re: List Of Approved Private Universities In Nigeria And Year Of Establishments by Antichristus: 12:10am On Jan 11, 2019
Caustics:
that was how my ogas son wasted 7 years doing medicine in an unaccredited private school only to come out with a useless certificate

Hearty congratulations to your Oga at the top; and, special kudos to his son for wasting away those years he would never regain no matter those lying preachers claim to the contrary. Nigerian qualifications are, largely, no longer worth the papers they're printed on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks / Protest In AuchiPoly As Two Students Are Killed By Security / The Hostel Nnamdi Azikiwe Built For UNN In Poor State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.