Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari (844 Views)

Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" / El-rufai Signs Mou With Chinese Firms For 80,000-barrels Per Day Refinery(photos / Ganduje Signs $1.8bn Railway Project With Chinese Firm(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari by moderate99(m): 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that the trade relationship between Nigeria and China is grossly in favor of the Chinese. According to him the Nigerian and Chinese business communities should work harder to reduce the trade imbalance between both countries.

"Last year during our meeting in New York, President Xi Jinping and I agreed to explore ways of practical cooperation in trade, investment, finance, human resources, agriculture and fishing.

"We also agreed to strengthen industrial capacity cooperation in the manufacture of cars, household appliances, construction materials, textiles, food processing, and others.

"This is in line with our government's focus on import substitution through the creation of a diversified and inclusive economy that will meet most of our consumption needs.

"Already, our Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment is working on projects and programmes that will correct the wrongs of the past and enhance the ease of doing business in Nigeria.

"The ministry's efforts will be complemented by investment tax incentive programmes, public sector reform initiatives as well as our zero tolerance stance on corruption.

"We also have an aggressive but realistic infrastructure development programme that forms the backbone of our economic diversification policy. We are embarking on major power, road, rail, seaport and airport development programmes that will enhance the competitiveness of manufacturing businesses in Nigeria.

"The future is bright and I am very confident that our policies will make Nigeria the investment destination of your choice," President Buhari told the Chinese investors," he said.

1 Like

Re: What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari by sexylogan(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
Baba, investments are good but first and foremost, we need fuel. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari by maupe: 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2016
This is day 2 of the President's visit to China, and i am yet to see a picture of our president with Xi Jinping. If the Chinese were truly sincere, the first port of call should have been a tet a tet between both Presidents.
Re: What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
brb
Re: What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari by 400billionman: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
Ode
Re: What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari by Fmartin(m): 6:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
The future is bright.

Op where source
Re: What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari by whitebeard(m): 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2016
maupe:
This is day 2 of the President's visit to China, and i am yet to see a picture of our president with Xi Jinping. If the Chinese were truly sincere, the first port of call should have been a tet a tet between both Presidents.
dey have meet I have seen the pic
Re: What I Agreed With Chinese President-Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 7:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
maupe:
so na pic you wan see?..chai!!!!

(1) (Reply)

See How IMF, Devaluation "Transformed" Angola / Youth Progressive Movement Party- / Which Way Nigeria "We Paid FG $42bn In Five Years – Shell"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.