Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" (53430 Views)

Wole Soyinka: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Atiku In 2003 / Orji Kalu: "Fayose Hid In My House For 90 Days In 2003, Obasanjo Killed Many" / We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by deantimes(m): 8:06am On Aug 21, 2017
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to deal with anyone threatening the continued existence of Nigeria as one country.

Buhari said this in an early morning address to Nigerians on Monday to mark his return to the country after 103 days medical vacation in the United Kingdom.

The President returned to the country on Saturday.

In the broadcast on Monday, Buhari said even the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu agreed with him on the need for the country to continue existing as one.

Odumegwu-Ojukwu, then as a Lieutenant Colonel, led the agitation for the creation of Biafra Republic.

This led to a three-year Civil War between 1967 and 1970 in which several Nigerians were killed.

But Buhari in his speech on Monday said Odumegwu-Ojukwu at a meeting over two days and which lasted late into the night in his hometown, Daura in Katsina State, agreed that there was the need to keep Nigeria one.

The President thus advised those fanning the embers of disunity to purge themselves of the tendency or face the wrath of the law.

In 2003 after I joined partisan politics, the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my hometown Daura. Over two days we discussed in great depth till late into the night and analyzed the problems of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united.

Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable. We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble and when things get bad they run away and saddle others with the responsibility of bringing back order, if necessary with their blood.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/08/full-speech-even-ojukwu-agreed-nigeria-must-remain-one-buhari/

https://mobile.twitter.com/MBuhari/status/899609678749065216?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by deantimes(m): 8:08am On Aug 21, 2017
grin ipob wont like this

lalasticlala

188 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by deantimes(m): 8:09am On Aug 21, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2017
Is that why you want to islamise Nigeria?Is that why you gave 95% appointment to the north?Is that why recruitment under your government favours the north more than other region?Is that why you supported Muslims who killed a female in the north over allegation of blasphemies?This is not a military regime.This s a democracy.Therefore,our unity is negotiable.U nity is not by force.
deantimes:
grin ipob wont like this

lalasticlala

267 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by GMBuhari: 8:42am On Aug 21, 2017
Ipoop is going to issue a threat

. Just wait and see

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by GMBuhari: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2017
comshots:
Is that why you want to islamise Nigeria?Is that why you gave 95% appointment to the north?Is that why recruitment under your government favours the north more than other region?Is that why you supported Muslims who killed a female in the north over allegation of blasphemies?This is not a military regime.This s a democracy.Therefore,our unity is negotiable.U nity is not by force.

Cry me a river Jonathan "worked with those he trusted"

When Sanusi blew a Trumpet they drove him out of CBN

what goes around comes around to dick you in the arrrse

Deal with it

142 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 21, 2017
GMBuhari:

Cry me a river Jonathan "worked with those he trusted"

When Sanusi blew a Trumpet they drove him out of CBN

what goes around comes around to dick you in the arrrse

Deal with it
Is this supposed to be a revenge?When the same sanusi was criticising buhari's government you want to send bokoharam against him.

113 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by brainpulse: 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
When their leaders were gallivanting, betraying, romancing and licking the northern ass, they never called afonja & fulani betrayals, but when they did political miscalculation with a dumb buffoon, they now suddenly realized. Instead to accept their mistakes and move on, they now became a national menace and media miscreants.

Sir, what do you have to say

83 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by talk2archy: 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pretending to Nigerians that all is well
Rubish

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by Episteme2(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
okay
Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by three: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
And the two of you are?

Let me help....

Unelected (at the time) Retired Soldiers/Warlords

Zero capacity to comprehend Democratic Ideals instead its...

'Goverment of some people by some people for some people'

Can a stone absorb water?

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by Episteme2(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
ok.
Who should we ask?
Under what terms, conditions, arrangements, treatments and structure did both of you reach that conclusion because I know Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu was not myopic?
Why are you revealing this now? The PA Buhari that we know cannot even remember what he said and the conclusions he reached with people just last year let alone the conclusion of a discussion that purportedly held a couple of decades ago.
I guess both of you equally concluded that after you finally won the Presidential election in 2015, you should give his people 5% treatment.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by Balkan(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
LET MY PEOPLE GO.
There is joy, happiness and self fulfillment in being a Biafran which no body can feel and understand except The Biafrans.

Biafra as a word, is intoxicating, their flag is intoxicating to Biafrans. You cant suppress the passion.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by brainpulse: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
comshots:
Bros find another excuse. That line no de work again

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by Bobby4090: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
He Ojukwu has always felt Nigeria should be one if there's equity and justice and fairness. But now you Buhari has shown us your just a Viper, giving 95% appointments to those you claimed voted for you. Trying to smuggle out CRK from our school Curriculum and smuggle in IRK under the guise of Arabic Studies.
Buhari, don't even bring Ojukwu into your parochial and narrow minded rule that has seen different parts of the country trying to seceed. If you were ruling according to the dreams of Ojukwu and many other Nigerians
no one would has thought of secession. Not even Nnamdi Kalu

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by Skyboyy(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by eduSwisz(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
Mr president preach peace not hate. Your speech this morning was not what the nation expected of you.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by cosmatika(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
Gk
Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by oyoofong(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
you see your brain! you only discussed problems not solutions.oyo omu onu udah! undecided

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by idylnoble(m): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Super Story undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by takenadoh: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
So if at that time, something was decided cant we change it? After all after you lost at the polls to Jonathan in 2011 u cried and you declared u wont contest again, but changed your mind. Only constant thing is change

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by free2ryhme: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
IPOB are already preparing the burnfire ooo

1 Like

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by QuietHammer(m): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
What Ojukwu saw while seated can't be seen by Kanu even if he climbs a palm tree.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by crestedaguiyi: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
onuofia somebody.

so the destiny of todays generation is tied to ojukwu, sorry .

you are really old and outdated. shame

33 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
No matter how long it takes, "a big fat lie" can never be hidden...

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by jobaltol: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
I dont believe this...buhari that could not keep to his electoral promises ....just three years ago..will now tell me that his discussion with someone that has died ....concluded about the state of the nation.i refuse to believe...pictoral evidences dont count in the court of the law

15 Likes

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by mikeycharles(m): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
this must be a joke, Buhari pls don't patronize the Igbo's

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" by ateamblezing(f): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
Our leaders should concentrate on finding a solution to the country's problem

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets George Weah, Liberian President-Elect / Photos Of The 4KM Illegal Crude Oil Pipeline In Forcados, Delta State (Video) / "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi Lies Again (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.