Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,373 members, 7,829,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC (17820 Views)

N-Power Receives Over 1 Million Applicants / N-Power Training Commences In October As 749,000 Applications Were Received / FG Receives 800,000 Applications For N-power Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by akanbiaa(m): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2016
opiscoal:
I'm certain not all those that applied are Jobless...
Some are underemployed, some are undergoing very depressing challenges in their place of work while others just their transport to work in a month is more than their expected salary.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 13, 2016
Nusaf:

What is this one saying? Are u by any chance saying that vacancies for recruitment into all the security services were advertised simultaneously during GEJ administration? Better get ur facts right before u start displaying ignorance of history.
get his real message and stop hating..
ignorance of history kor, ignorance of literature ni.

appreciate people who think well and reasonably instead of trying to kill ursef over a GEJ dat is somewhere enjoying himself.
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by otiigba1(m): 8:21am On Apr 13, 2016
akanbiaa:
So what is the way out?
i will become the armed robber grin *jokes* i am Already out fortunately i guess, i am a nigerian by birth (born in England) i only mentioned it because you asked (it will be disrespectfull not to) i do not ussually Admit it.

Really do you think it's worth getting shot by armed robbers for low salary? That's if they do not owe for the first six months
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Sunnypa11(m): 8:28am On Apr 13, 2016
And some useless and senseless youth will be helping polithiefcians to do election magomago....

Thunder Fire PDP,APC and others

1 Like

Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Richydos(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2016
Lolzzzzz 550,000 already N possibly still counting... M sure by may we would hear 1.2m or thereabout n when it's time for d real recruitment they will have to share slots for Mr president, V. P, Senate president, senators, House of Rep, Ministers, Governors, commissioners, Top police officers,n other so called top class citizens..... Trust me after d whole sharing of slots let's say they decide to share 9000 slots among themselves... D remaining 1000 will be for the over 550,000 to compete for...@ d end we will still hear them say creating employment opportunities is their top priority...... Police is your friend as they do say ooooo.... GOD BLESS US ALL
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Nusaf: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2016
hawk05:
"Because even as dis was being announced, more candids were stil submitin applicatn" WHAT HAPND TO THE DEADLINE? Or does it mean that the modules and the structure of website is not professional designed? Pardon my ignorance and grammatical blunda. Meanwhile, am xpecting to see the figures without round off.
The announcement is an update (my thought) and am sure the actual figure will be made public as at when due.
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Tarzaa(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Colydatom:
The Police Service Commission (PSC) said over 550, 000 applicants have indicated interest to be recruited into the Nigerian Police Force.

This was disclosed by the Chairman of the PSC, Mr. Mike Okiro in a meeting with the Senate Committee on Police.

However, Mr Okiro, explained that only ten thousand spaces are available.

Also speaking at the meeting, the Inspector General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase said only credible applicants would be recruited into the police force.

More; http://newsherald.com.ng/2016/04/12/28029/
Engage all of them, maybe crime will be reduced! Ten thousand only no go do!
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Nusaf: 9:19am On Apr 13, 2016
justified19:
get his real message and stop hating..
ignorance of history kor, ignorance of literature ni.

appreciate people who think well and reasonably instead of trying to kill ursef over a GEJ dat is somewhere enjoying himself.
Pls can u now explain to me what the real msg is? Cos if u read through my post, u will observe that I am asking a question. The poster has respect for GEJ due to the mode of recruitment during his administration as compared to the present. My question is: what is the difference?
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Godsonkemz(m): 9:19am On Apr 13, 2016
The chances are so limited with this figure.
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by hawk05(m): 9:22am On Apr 13, 2016
Nusaf:

The announcement is an update (my thought) and am sure the actual figure will be made public as at when due.
Ok, your hypothesis must have P-value of at least 0.05 because I fail to reject you.
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 13, 2016
Nusaf:

Pls can u now explain to me what the real msg is? Cos if u read through my post, u will observe that I am asking a question. The poster has respect for GEJ due to the mode of recruitment during his administration as compared to the present. My question is: what is the difference?
in hiss post, he gave a good formula... why not talk about that instead of trying to force a debate of GEJ vs Buhari?
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Nusaf: 9:39am On Apr 13, 2016
justified19:
in hiss post, he gave a good formula... why not talk about that instead of trying to force a debate of GEJ vs Buhari?

The formula might be a very good one, but my question still remains: did GEJ adopt that method? He reserves the right to give his respect to whoever, but certainly not because of the foregoing. And besides, there is nothing spectacular about that approach cos alot of other factors must come into play. Remember, he is talking about integrating the recruitment process in order to check cases of candidates applying in several organisation at the same time.
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Misterdhee1(m): 9:44am On Apr 13, 2016
Acidosis:
This is the reason why I will always respect GOODLUCK JONATHAN who made a provision for the coalition of all the forces in the area of employment. You don't allow these forces throw out vacancies sequentially, and then allow the same set of Airforce applicants try NPF tomorrow, and then, the same people apply for Navy next week, and Army in the coming months.

Make the vacancies available at the same time. For instance, 10,000 for Police, 10,000 for Navy, 50,000 Army, 20,000 Civil defence, etc. Put these in a single site and allow applicants apply ONLY to 1 agency!

This would greatly limit the repetitive applications, lessen the burden on these agencies, and of course, increase the chances of applicants.

Simple common sense.

Without this formula, we'll keep receiving 1 million applications yearly.

If they've all publicize the vacancies on a single database, the Police wouldn't have gotten more than 80,000 applications, civil defence 90,000, etc.

I hope the Civil Defence & Ministry of Labour is ready to accept another 1 million & 2 million applications for the Graduate Teaching Scheme since they've all decided to act without SENSE.

You make a very brilliant suggestion..Buh where you goofed, is 'respect The Goodluck' line..For what? Where are the Stats to show GEJ followed such formular?
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Brugo(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2016
Na criminals dem go select for training. If you are decent, I doubt you'd be picked.

Don't know why people still apply to join this gang called police.
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2016
Nusaf:

The formula might be a very good one, but my question still remains: did GEJ adopt that method? He reserves the right to give his respect to whoever, but certainly not because of the foregoing. And besides, there is nothing spectacular about that approach cos alot of other factors must come into play. Remember, he is talking about integrating the recruitment process in order to check cases of candidates applying in several organisation at the same time.
to u it is not spectacular, to me it is a brilliant suggestion...

to ur question, he claimed GEJ adopted d method, do u think otherwise? if yes, give reasons why u think otherwise instead of asking a question he already answered in his comment.
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Nusaf: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2016
justified19:
to u it is not spectacular, to me it is a brilliant suggestion...

to ur question, he claimed GEJ adopted d method, do u think otherwise? if yes, give reasons why u think otherwise instead of asking a question he already answered in his comment.
Pls, is not that I think otherwise, I say HE HAD NEVER ADOPTED SUCH METHOD. He should prove his point with examples because I said such never existed in this country. Also, the Idea may sound brilliant to u, but I look beyond just that cos it is easier said than done.
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by OBK247: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
Acidosis:
This is the reason why I will always respect GOODLUCK JONATHAN who made a provision for the coalition of all the forces in the area of employment. You don't allow these forces throw out vacancies sequentially, and then allow the same set of Airforce applicants try NPF tomorrow, and then, the same people apply for Navy next week, and Army in the coming months.

Make the vacancies available at the same time. For instance, 10,000 for Police, 10,000 for Navy, 50,000 Army, 20,000 Civil defence, etc. Put these in a single site and allow applicants apply ONLY to 1 agency!

This would greatly limit the repetitive applications, lessen the burden on these agencies, and of course, increase the chances of applicants.

Simple common sense.

Without this formula, we'll keep receiving 1 million applications yearly.

If they've all publicize the vacancies on a single database, the Police wouldn't have gotten more than 80,000 applications, civil defence 90,000, etc.

I hope the Civil Defence & Ministry of Labour are ready to accept another 1 million & 2 million applications for the Graduate Teaching Scheme since they've all decided to act without SENSE.
NO BE LIE
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by donfash(m): 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
550000 as applied, by ending of this week when the corpers would get their Certificates then he would be talking about 1.5m...the best way the government can tackle this unemployment is for them to create a portal where by qualified candidates can be shuttle among military and paramilitary..
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
Nusaf:

Pls, is not that I think otherwise, I say HE HAD NEVER ADOPTED SUCH METHOD. He should prove his point with examples because I said such never existed in this country. Also, the Idea may sound brilliant to u, but I look beyond just that cos it is easier said than done.
yes, it is easier said Dan done cos they won't do it... his suggestion isn't difficult to impliment tho..

if u look beyond dat and u have a better suggestion, I will be willing to hear..
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by gentlegenius(m): 3:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
nurez305:
550,000-10,000 = 540,000

Tell me the probability of you getting the job

God have mercy over the masses, the suffering is too much here in Nigeria
Probability is 1/55
Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by bayulll011(m): 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
Acidosis:
This is the reason why I will always respect GOODLUCK
I hope the Civil Defence & Ministry of Labour are ready to accept another 1 million & 2 million applications for the Graduate Teaching Scheme since they've all decided to act without SENSE.

Your analogy is laudable,but that dint solve the massive death of the NIS recruitment or did he ?,the truth is there so many unemployed youth around,and so many underemployed,10k job should be provided every 3 quarter of every year and watch crime rate reduced,life improved,and watch people happy with their country,but the present leaders most especially in the senates and house are nothing but dare devil,that only think about themselves,these sets of people are so silly and so pathetic,they are wicked and only think of themselves but I know one day the Youth will take charge!!!

1 Like

Re: Recruitment: Police Receives Over 550,000 Applications – PSC by AUWAL999: 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anheuser-busch Inbev Technical Graduate Programme 2017 / Fire Service Replacement 2015 / Nairaland Has Shown Me Where The Jobs Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.